Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2023 - Episode 10 Discussion

What forms of birth control are they using in the house?

• Condoms

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The Pill

• Mandatory Sterilisation

• Pulling Out

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Swallowing

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Abortion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am just weird, but I literally never scream. In the rare instances I get startled, I am still pretty nonverbal. Maybe a low volume, "fuck."

I may make noise in excitement doing something fun. Scary, nope. So I can never relate to these things. They just seem to be over the top and childish. I understand people have fears and stuff is freaky. I just don't understand people reacting this way.

Although I don't know how much of this is just life experience and personality. Where those feed into each other. I've done some insane stuff, but then is that because of my temperament? I was just thinking today laying in bed before getting up if I should go dive with sharks this summer again.
To me it (screaming) signifies a massive ;lack of self control.
As an introvert, I see it as an attention-seeking thing.
These people have grown up in the spotlight (Instagram, TikTok or whatever) and are conditioned to broadcast their every thought and emotion so there's no self-censorship.

I read that each housemate had to sign a contract after they'd finished filming, to give permission for the producers to assemble the Uncut shows.
It seems they are attracting the kind of people who crave the limelight.

Just looking at the wiki and see this episode began on Day 14 and the previous one supposedly covered Day 11-12 so did they have Day 13 off?
Unfortunately they will never tell you that. That’s the big problem with the prerecorded nature is they are doing things to make footage and so focused on their narrative that this could be any other reality show or even soap opera. BB is just not meant to be a prerecorded show and to even consider it as such is abominable.

The reading task was so lame.
And they all scream like imbeciles even though they know the food budget is at stake.
They should have been made to suffer for their stupidity, and not been gifted a free dinner feast.

The nominations were as predictable as they could possibly be.
I scream very easily when for example when someone will sneak behind me and scare me etc.. I have tried since I was little to not react, so people would stop doing that to me, they found it funny but not me, for me my whole body tingled, not fun at all.
That being said, if I was in the house in the challenge I would not scream or react because I would expect all kind of weird things to fall or try to scare me, that would not work.
The way they reacted was so OTT, it was silly
I didn't understand the free dinner after that, lol.

Day 14… halfway through the game.

That’s really not BB is it
haha at a stretch you could imagine it as a kindof ('Influencer' Z List)-Celeb Big Brother maybe.
Only just realised in those shots in the kitchen that they didn't remove the Head of House mezzanine above the kitchen from last year. They just built a wall to cover up the stairs.
Yeah I noticed that as well

Nice forum update. Ive noticed the highlighting/non-highlighting issue on Safari desktop here as well.

Caught up on the first half of last episode and this one now. Bit more strategicals going on Especially between Jake and TeeJay/Ari and Louis/Minee towards Oli and even Gracie Mae getting some conflicting alliances happening there. Maddi Rose is getting the mopes after only 2 days and now most nominated.

Losing $920 from a possible $1000 shopping budget ouch. at least BB gave them a mexican feast straight after (in the edit) lol.

That pink question box, Those questions aren't random, they've gotta be erm-'Taylah' made for each with their name on them or something ya think.

Wonder if there'll be another veto thingy for this one.

Louis might be the most boring 'mastermind' in the history of reality tv lol.

Maddie Rosie looks about 5 years younger without make up, it's quite startling actually.

Fortunately I think the edit is hinting that the boys crew will eventually be taken down which is good.

To me it (screaming) signifies a massive ;lack of self control.
As an introvert, I see it as an attention-seeking thing.
These people have grown up in the spotlight (Instagram, TikTok or whatever) and are conditioned to broadcast their every thought and emotion so there's no self-censorship.

I read that each housemate had to sign a contract after they'd finished filming, to give permission for the producers to assemble the Uncut shows.
It seems they are attracting the kind of people who crave the limelight.
Exactly. I'm just watching it now.
Why would you feel scared enough to scream when you know you're actually safe in that environment and nothing bad is really going to happen?
Mind you, I still.jump when watching a film, but I don't scream!
EDIT: Ahh, okay, bugs coming at you !
Yeah, I wouldn't do too well with spiders coming at me!
I thought it was just going to be creepy clowns and books falling off the shelf!

Why would you feel scared enough to scream when you know you're actually safe in that environment and nothing bad is really going to happen?
Yes. I mean, being splashed with smelly gunk obviously wouldn't be pleasant, but in that context you know it's all for show and isn't going to actually hurt you. So suck it up, don't scream, and win the challenge.
They all (especially Dion) played it up for the cameras, and the other housemates found it hilarious rather than frustrating as we did.

I still hate how the show is about playing a game, but they don't show us who everyone nominates/votes to evict to be able to know wtf is actually going on so they can create their own narratives in post-production.
Yes - Jake keeps getting nominated but we don't really know why. The edit suggests he's fairly well liked in the house.

Yeah, I really don't get that at all. She knows that's not really a clown that murders people... right?

I just thought of something that happened to me earlier this year that didn't elicit a scream. I was completely naked in my bathroom. Whatever I was doing splashed water on the counter. I grab a nearby cloth to wipe it up. I feel something on my hand and wrist. I look to see a huntsman spider running up my arm towards my head. It was horrible. I knocked it off and had to quickly in the moment improvise to catch it and was chasing it around the room. Didn't scream.

We all do. Usually for things that are not meant to be a jump lol

Maddie Rosie looks about 5 years younger without make up, it's quite startling actually.
It literally took me a moment to recognise her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back