Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
We’ll see how the numbers add up over the series… It seems the only reason Nine revived Love Island was to fill programming gaps left due to COVID. I can’t see Seven being happy with over half its audience not watching live.
They still advertise on seven plus so they would love the fact they have advertising revenue from two sources wouldn't they? Especially if its one of their highest watched things online - they could be charging a premium for advertising there.

They still advertise on seven plus so they would love the fact they have advertising revenue from two sources wouldn't they? Especially if its one of their highest watched things online - they could be charging a premium for advertising there.
They’re still devoting a fair bit of their schedule to a program people aren’t watching live. Streaming being added to the overall ratings is a bonus and generally isn’t where they’d be hoping the majority of ratings come from… Seven are an OTA network not a streaming service.

They’re still devoting a fair bit of their schedule to a program people aren’t watching live. Streaming being added to the overall ratings is a bonus and generally isn’t where they’d be hoping the majority of ratings come from… Seven are an OTA network not a streaming service.
Problem is, not much else is really firing, especially post covid lockdowns. I think the lockdowns kept some viewing numbers on life support but it seems to have crashed now.

True it is 90 mins of prime real estate on TV. I just don't even know who bothers watching TV regularly anymore except boomers. My parents are the only people I know that watch TV more than a streaming service. Yet that is not the demographic the TV stations are ever fighting for.

True it is 90 mins of prime real estate on TV. I just don't even know who bothers watching TV regularly anymore except boomers. My parents are the only people I know that watch TV more than a streaming service. Yet that is not the demographic the TV stations are ever fighting for.
If a show is worth watching live people will watch it live.

Wednesday: 359,000
I get a little confused with these "official" overnight numbers.
I was reading TVT David Knox earlier responding to a member referring to BB only having around 300,000 per night. He quoted the below numbers.

Mon: 976k. Tue: 902k. Wed: 857k
I imagine these are live steaming, catchup and live TV on the night.
I would think these figures would make BB producers and 7 quite happy.. Or do I have this all wrong

I was reading TVT David Knox earlier responding to a member referring to BB only having around 300,000 per night. He quoted the below numbers.

I would think these figures would make BB producers and 7 quite happy.. Or do I have this all wrong
Yes, they add the streaming/catch up numbers a week later, so those 900k figures will be for last week. The overnights are just the five capital city figures, because that's the most immediate data they have on hand each day.

They’d be happy if the numbers were switched. Overnight ratings should be much higher than streaming.

Is it worth watching or shit?

Didn’t even notice it had begun.

Live court USA has me hooked right now
It is a little like watching exceptionally good old style RTV.....but even better
And real court is much more like our courts, tv USA court shows are rather stupid
Procedures and conduct are so wrong in fictional USA stuff
Brits do court stuff well

The nature of the 7.30 battle is that the FTA channels are relying on people not watching live as well. If they didn't put all their eggs in one basket channels would schedule stronger later in the evening too but sadly suspect Seven would rather viewers tune into Big Brother after watching Masterchef or Lego Masters than watching live whatever Seven are showing after 9pm.

If Seven did care about live viewing then they wouldn't have pre-recorded BB as they'd know it being live would be a major asset in the nightly reality battle.

It makes me laugh when you see a promo and they over sensationalise the crap out of it...

"AUSTRALIA WILL BE WATCHING ...... AUSTRALIA THIS - AUSTRALIA THAT..."

Mmmm nah, we have over 25 Million people & less than 1 million are watching each night its on, so not really the whole of Australia, or even close :bawling: Maybe 1/26th :cool:

The nature of the 7.30 battle is that the FTA channels are relying on people not watching live as well. If they didn't put all their eggs in one basket channels would schedule stronger later in the evening too but sadly suspect Seven would rather viewers tune into Big Brother after watching Masterchef or Lego Masters than watching live whatever Seven are showing after 9pm.

If Seven did care about live viewing then they wouldn't have pre-recorded BB as they'd know it being live would be a major asset in the nightly reality battle.

It's sad that most of the television stations are all trying to out do eachother with their "live" coverage of the damn federal election. I remember the old days when there was only around 6 television channels and we had more live shows back then than we now have on all these crappy digital tv channels.

The only time we get a live tv show on most networks on a Saturday night here in Australia is when we have a federal election.

Also channel seven makes me even more sick when they mention they will have a "dream screen" for the election? What the fuck is a dream screen? The only people that will be dreaming is the leader and the party that will win on that night! I think they have taken this election far beyond the joke seriously...lol.

Then you have the AEC "Australian Electoral Commision" tv ads, oh make sure you cast your vote as it can shape this country blah blah blah.

Ummm yeah whatever wether it's Labor or Liberal you pretty much get the same crap just a different bucket. Cheers!

Seven broadcast live AFL coverage every Saturday night.

Ok yep didn't think about the live sports broadcasts. I guess what I was referring to was back in the old days when we actually got live local television shows like "hey hey it's saturday", "rove live" just to name a few and i'm sure there is quite a few more to mention.

Well somehow all the tv networks seem to find the time and money to go all out and broadcast the federal election on all channels tomorrow night. Then the only thing you will see live again is like you mentioned the saturday night football on channel 7, well that's until the footy season is over then do they show anything else live apart from some of the news broadcasts? lol

For those of you who live in Melbourne you'd all know about our local "Moomba" festival which is on once a year, this is another thing I remember as a kid we would get live coverage of both the Moomba parade which used to be in the CBD back in those days, plus I think they used to show 2 days live broadcasts of the water skiing from the Yarra river. I think this used to be broadcast live from channel 7 Melbourne.

The last few years the only broadcast we got of our own local Moomba festival was a 30 minute show in the morning on channel 7 of the parade which is now done down St kilda rd in Melbourne. Anyway what I am getting at is this year channel 7 didn't even show us that little 30 minute show of that parade at all! It seems now that's also been cancelled.

So you can see as time goes on we are losing more and more of our local live content. We had blanket live coverage on all our local tv stations of the last US presidential election and yet we can't even broadcast 30 minutes of our own local traditional events on any tv station. It's just ridiculous. What country are we living in again?

Last edited:
Is it worth watching or shit?

Didn’t even notice it had begun.

Live court USA has me hooked right now
It is a little like watching exceptionally good old style RTV.....but even better
And real court is much more like our courts, tv USA court shows are rather stupid
Procedures and conduct are so wrong in fictional USA stuff
Brits do court stuff well
Amber turd is riveting

Reactions: kxk
What are the networks going to do?

Celeb apprentice debuted to 404k last night, 83k less than the BB launch a couple of weeks ago.

Nine might commission a never endearing season of MAFS. 😂

Back