• Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
rip.gif

Don’t most people stream things these days? Why are ratings even counted? Most people I know, myself included stream from catch up or apps?

Don’t most people stream things these days? Why are ratings even counted? Most people I know, myself included stream from catch up or apps?
I think networks mostly rely on overnight ratings to sell advertising for the main part apparently. But surely their business models have to be changing. I haven’t had an antenna / terrestrial connection in years but admittedly was a pretty early cord cutter. I had Netflix before it was available here.

I think networks mostly rely on overnight ratings to sell advertising for the main part apparently. But surely their business models have to be changing. I haven’t had an antenna / terrestrial connection in years but admittedly was a pretty early cord cutter. I had Netflix before it was available here.
The streaming numbers get added a week later I think.

Obviously because of my location I have to stream to watch live TV. But if I was still in Aus I'd still be PVRing pretty much everything and watching it on delay, even if just starting late to skip the ads. Except for things I watch with you guys here.

Episode 1 rose to 976,000 in total TV numbers. Less than 100,000 behind Lego Masters which was #1 entertainment. #3 in entertainment, #2 in the total TV 25-54 demo and had the highest increase for Total Tv amongst the top 20 at 43%.

I think the general audience that big brother has is watching it online only. No one I know is watching it on FTA, I’m yet to at all.

Episode 1 rose to 976,000 in total TV numbers. Less than 100,000 behind Lego Masters which was #1 entertainment. #3 in entertainment, #2 in the total TV 25-54 demo and had the highest increase for Total Tv amongst the top 20 at 43%.

I think the general audience that big brother has is watching it online only. No one I know is watching it on FTA, I’m yet to at all.
What do the rest of the episodes look like? It’s hard to judge how the series is preforming based solely on the premiere.

Even with catch-up it’s not a good average. For a tentpole series I doubt it’ll hit 500k combined.

Two major issues: episodes too long, and the format is already boring people that they don’t want to give this years show a go.
It’s too manufactured and the audience is seeing straight through it

Closes the gap but the on demand audience will decrease in line with the linear audience. I can't see those who stopped watching live suddenly starting to watch on demand, though granted the premiere may have attract live viewing in a way other episodes don't.

And that "total TV number" includes people recording rather than just watching online. I think the overwhelming audience for FTA shows (something like 90%) is still via the traditional route, whether live or pre-recorded.

Baffles me though when opening up their streamers that anyone would think to spend 90 minutes watching this shit when you can watch a movie or a couple of episodes of a critically acclaimed series instead.

I’m sad this isn’t doing better but they only have themselves to blame.

I wish they had done only former players. I’m not interested in the newbies and I don’t like the physical challenges at all.

Last Tues 10th May lifted 51% with catch up and online to a national audience of 902k

I think these streaming and catch up numbers will be what saves BB. It's like Love Island now, low live TV numbers but big streaming numbers. With each episode being around 90 minutes long with ads, not a surprise a lot of people are not willing to watch it live.

I think these streaming and catch up numbers will be what saves BB. It's like Love Island now, low live TV numbers but big streaming numbers. With each episode being around 90 minutes long with ads, not a surprise a lot of people are not willing to watch it live.
We’ll see how the numbers add up over the series… It seems the only reason Nine revived Love Island was to fill programming gaps left due to COVID. I can’t see Seven being happy with over half its audience not watching live.

Back