Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 9 Discussion (24 May, 7:30pm)

If you were in the house, would you vote out your fauxmance partner?

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • I wouldn't be in a fauxmance.

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters
If they wanted to incorporate the nominations into the challenge format wouldn't it have been better just to set up the series as OGs v Newbies formally and have team challenges rather than individuals, with the losing team then having to nominate each other and the winning team then voting for the evictee.

…by the way… if you are reading this tonight Estelle… have you checked out the Photoshop thread yet?… you feature in a few of them lol!… cheers.

I’m not enjoying these two at all
It’s so fake. At least with Tully it seemed like a “real” relationship. Now I think Drew is a user. He so easily gets women to partner up with him. I don’t even think it’s a calculated strategy. It’s more that he follows whatever production wants.

I wonder if the Australian viewers are finding his behavior off-putting after seeing him with Tully.

It’s so fake. At least with Tully it seemed like a “real” relationship. Now I think Drew is a user. He so easily gets women to partner up with him. I don’t even think it’s a calculated strategy. It’s more that he follows whatever production wants.

I wonder if the Australian viewers are finding his behavior off-putting after seeing him with Tully.
I liked him the first time around and couldn't stand Tully....now it's the other way round.

…if Johnson wins that fucking challenge tomorrow and our sweet Estelle goes tomorrow… I don’t care how long it takes… how far I have to look… how many obstacles that I overcome in my wheelchair… I will take Johnson out… I will run over him back and forth… back and forth over his bleeding body with my automatic wheelchair to ‘seek revenge’… cheers.

Run him over with your wheelchair at warp speed sticky. Slowly reverse and position your chair over his nether regions.
Then deploy the " neuter johnson" smash button.
I know your wheelchair is elon musk approved and designed.
Fuck I shouldn’t laugh at all of this … but I have to!
…by the way… if you are reading this tonight Estelle… have you checked out the Photoshop thread yet?… you feature in a few of them lol!… cheers.
I have not! I shall peruse.

I came across by accident on my youtube feed of an aca 2011 special about bb featuring a lot of the more memorable housemates.
The show basically opens with the aca interviewer asking the group why the show was such a phenomenal success.
Mikey goldman answers.... "it was about real people, everyday people, being themselves".
Thats it in a nutshell. The real social experiment that attracted me.
Now. Im not so naive to believe that of course the advent of social media has somewhat corrupted this.
But it is the reason such a show cannot ever again exist in its original premise that we all know, remember and cherish.
It was a time we have to let go. We can enjoy imitations and adopt our expectations with the reality it will never be what it was.
Im a simple man. I enjoyed the genuine interaction. The conversations. The slow unravelling of characters we chose to love or loathe.
And thats kinda it for me. To have time. To perhaps be proven wrong with your personal initial impression as the show unfolds.
Which kinda mirrors real life.
Im not actively mad or sad but just miss that transperancy without the need for fancy editing. Not to say editing did not exist, of course it did, but we had a much better insight. Now. We are given nothing virtually. And its the time and age of being so socially aware. In ones lives. On social media.
Audtioning for fame and its sake.
Not saying its wrong per se, and it may well be a sentiment from a relatively old man yelling at a cloud, but dont demean the legacy by calling this big brother.
Its not to me in any way shape or form. And in fact its trading on a false premise.

Last edited:
Back