Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 6 Discussion (17 May, 7:30pm)

How should the makeup of this year's housemates been for this series?

• All Stars

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • All Originals

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Mixed

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering.

I'm fully supporting the OGs, so I tend to see this season through the prism of
a) wanting an OG to win/not get voted out
and then
b) seeing if any of the newbies are ok but not being invested in them.

Reaction to the newbies seems to be muted at best.
But is there anyone here who is 100% behind a newbie win, either as a group or one particular favourite?

Or is it a case of, we aren't getting to know anyone, so we are going off what we already know about the OGs, and there's nothing to judge the newbies by? For example we see a lot of Sam because she's like a limpet attached to Drew, but I have no idea what her personality is like or what she thinks of anything.
It would be interesting to go back to the early season threads of the OGs seasons and see if they were getting the love they are in this one 6 Eps in!
I doubt it, but a lot of that has to do with how long it takes to get to know all of them.....especially when we can edit the shit out of meet and greet convos but have to endure every second (including slowies) of anything slightly romantic! I mean I get it, I get hard for a good love story to but I would have chopped that up and left most of it on the cutting room floor....leave the punters wanting more...

I'm no where near a fav from the noobs, maybe Gabby, but yeh Tim is a legend in my book and even without the flash backs has started well for mine

I saw him outside Newtown Station once. Walked right past him. I kept walking.
That reminds me of a client of mine (for some reason, as it's not the same thing, but funny, all the same!)
She was going into Randwick Village Shopping Centre, and as she was going in, Leo Sayer was coming out, and she just stopped and looked at him, and said, "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing". She was that shocked by what tumbled out of her mouth she just took off without looking back. I thought that was hilarious!

That reminds me of a client of mine (for some reason, as it's not the same thing, but funny, all the same!)
She was going into Randwick Village Shopping Centre, and as she was going in, Leo Sayer was coming out, and she just stopped and looked at him, and said, "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing". She was that shocked by what tumbled out of her mouth she just took off without looking back. I thought that was hilarious!
1652854296751.png

… but!… as soon as she starts to cry and carry on like she always does she becomes instant cannon fodder on these forums for jokes at her expense…

…because the way I look at it… if you are so desparate to achieve ‘stardom’ and that then you put yourself up for that criticism whether good or bad from that point onwards… (usually always bad)…
I enjoyed your post and mostly agree with your assertions. My take is that "perhaps" the criticism sometimes reads like hate and extremely mean spirited, particular]rly regarding Tully..
I like Tully's BB character and find the nastiness a bit harsh. I hope she doesn't look in here.
Just my opinion. End of the day people can say what they want.

Found it!

Tully as last to arrive and safe was appointed HoH by BB. They'll vote for HoH next week and on.
So the first one is blatant production manipulation and future ones will be the dominant group of housemates able to repeatedly vote to keep power amongst themselves. They've screwed that up as well then.

With the other processes they're going with adding in their idea of HoH on top seems completely unnecessary.

…Rose711… can I tell you a secret?… you’ve gotta promise not to tell anyone okay?… (everyone thinks that I’m a grumpy old git so I have to keep up that reputation)… but… (now this is the part where you have to keep it secret okay?)… I was quite stunned on how pretty both Layla and Tully are now… Layla since she lost all the weight is quite beautiful I have to say… and Tully?… wow!… she sure has blossomed too… she’s quite attractive too (now they are words that I thought that I would never ever say lol!)… (that’s the part where you’ve got to keep secret too)… but!… as soon as she starts to cry and carry on like she always does she becomes instant cannon fodder on these forums for jokes at her expense…

…because the way I look at it… if you are so desparate to achieve ‘stardom’ and you willingly put yourself onto any ‘Reality’ show whatsover to achieve that then you put yourself up for that criticism whether good or bad from that point onwards… (usually always bad)… I have a great respect for all women because my dad was really old fashioned and respectful of all women and instilled that into me throughout my whole life… but whenever I see anybody (male or female) on any ‘Reality’ show I see them as a character playing a role in the show… to me it’s like booing or cheering a villain or hero in a pantomime… I’m not booing the person but their character… no malicious intent or ridicule is pointed towards them in normal life… just while they are in the show…

…I said earlier in this thread that Tully is probably a really nice person outside the house but inside the house?… I blame Big Brothers editing as the reason for her character’s development on the show… when they want to portray her as a villain for Drew and Sams ‘showmance’ then it’s Big Brothers fault as to how we treat the housemates in these Forums etc… if you willingly go onto a ‘Reality’ show… you cop what your character gets or don’t go on it in the first place methinks!… it’s like when I play my Xbox… if the game forces you to kill a character or injure it… you have to kill it whether it’s male or female… it’s only a character… you have to kill it…

…after that short novel on my take on things… yes… Tully is quite pretty as well as Layla… sorry to bore you shitless Rose711 with my rather extended reply lol!… cheers.
Mr Stickyfingers - you are the most entertaining person on these forums. You are not boring and never have been - even all those years ago when you were in the hospital! Yes, I remember that! We were all concerned but you made an amazing and fast recovery. You’re the best.

Regarding Tully - my amateur psychological analysis is that something drastic happened to her back when she was 15 or whatever and her mom had early onset Alzheimer’s. She’s never recovered from that horrible loss and then the ongoing trauma.

It doesn’t excuse her wretched behavior and I remember how badly she treated Drew on the show. Not to mention Thalia!

But I think that’s part of why she’s so fragile and angry. I don’t know how to describe it exactly.

It’s not an excuse but maybe what I see as an explanation. I’m probably completely wrong. Lol.

Mr Stickyfingers - you are the most entertaining person on these forums. You are not boring and never have been - even all those years ago when you were in the hospital! Yes, I remember that! We were all concerned but you made an amazing and fast recovery. You’re the best.

...how kind of you to say that Rose711… actually… I’m quite humbled by what you said… thankyou very much… cheers.

...how kind of you to say that Rose711… actually… I’m quite humbled by what you said… thankyou very much… cheers.
Maybe Australians aren’t so direct… Remember this is coming from an American. Plus I have a surprisingly good memory. Lol

Example: I remember Consuelo used to have the tag line “we need more lemon pledge”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back