Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 6 Discussion (17 May, 7:30pm)

How should the makeup of this year's housemates been for this series?

• All Stars

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • All Originals

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Mixed

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with this. The format is confusing, they’re not being consistent. I wonder if they were changing it as they went? I know people accuse them of doing that with fake evictions etc in the last couple of series but I tend to lean more towards them being planned twists. This just feels like a mess, they’re not twists, they’re literally doing every eviction cycle in a different way so far.

Somebody provided a link a week or two ago that stated the format for the nominations, etc, and it was like this, alternating between one of two styles per eviction each week. This is the first week it has been implemented as laid out (wish I could find the link) as it's the first week with a HoH.

Not watching so how was the HoH implemented?

I assume Mondays episode was the usual Seven format and then tonight and tomorrow is the HM nominations, save challenge and eviction vote?

Found it!

Not watching so how was the HoH implemented?
Tully as last to arrive and safe was appointed HoH by BB. They'll vote for HoH next week and on.

Found it!

Tully as last to arrive and safe was appointed HoH by BB. They'll vote for HoH next week and on.
Yeah haha I think I posted that. But they didn’t follow it for the first two. Is every one from now on going to follow that? So maybe a two episode cycle?

Yeah haha I think I posted that. But they didn’t follow it for the first two. Is every one from now on going to follow that? So maybe a two episode cycle?
Ha! The first week was a mixup of arrivals, the mainframe twist and save, and the sewer people. I gathered from now on it follows a cycle alternating the two modes each viewing week. I also am sure I remember seeing similar information in a single paragraph outlining how it will work more clearly, but that may be a false memory...

I've always liked your version of BB and the UK also. I'm from the US, but have followed yours thru the years. I've seen the changes too. I have to say I don't really care for the intense challenges the past couple of years, but I also am tired of the "cutesy" challenges of the US with a couple endurance thrown in. Both I think could use some balance.

What I am missing this season as many have spoken to is the interaction of the HG's. We don't get the opportunity to know them on a 'Life' level. BB is focused on the OG or Romance and Challenges. Seriously, we haven't even seen the J Crew even speaking to each other so reference to them by Tim (He is getting WAY TO MUCH AIRTIME) has no meaning if we can't observe for ourselves.

I wish they had at least taped extra episodes in the house to watch. I know in the US and Canada we have Live Feeds 24/7, but, correct me if I'm wrong, I remember AU use to have some after hours of Feeds of HG back in the day... (But. Sigh they televised it real time too)

Regardless. It's nice seeing BBAU as I do like the format and I can't say whom I'm hoping to win yet as I don't know these HG's yet except the OG's and I think they all deserve the chance at this stage to prove themselves.

Oh, correct me if I'm wrong, but even the last BBAU, not CBB, with Danny showed more conversation of the players.

Thanks reading my essay if you did.

This lays it out...

Format​

Big Brother 14 airs three nights a week from Monday to Wednesday. Each week, the two Housemates will typically be Evicted. For the first time since the 2020 revival, significant additions were made to the Big Brother game structure.

Each episode will showcase highlights from the house and house tasks (to determine the shopping budget for the week as well as to award various luxuries) and the Nomination and Eviction process. Regarding the nomination and eviction process, each night features a different episode format. While some episodes modify the format slightly, the typical episode structure is as follows:

Monday: The Housemates compete in a Nomination Challenge, the winner of which has power over the next set of Nominations. Immediately after the challenge, the challenge winner will be called to the Diary Room by Big Brother to name three nominees for that Night's Eviction Ceremony. At the Eviction Ceremony all housemates must vote to evict one of the three nominees, with the exception of the nominating housemate (who will only cast a tie-breaker vote, if required). The nominee with the most votes is evicted from the house.

Tuesday: The housemates compete in an Immunity Challenge, the winner is immune from the next set of Nominations. Then the House will participate in House Nominations, with housemates voting for one Housemate to be nominated for the next Eviction. The three Housemates with the most votes are nominated for eviction. In the event of a tie, the challenge winner will break the tie to determine three nominees.

Wednesday: The Housemates nominated by the house compete in the Second Chance Challenge, with the winner will save themself from that night's Eviction Ceremony. At the Eviction Ceremony all housemates must vote to evict one of the two remaining nominees, with the exception of the nominees themselves (as their votes would cancel the other's out). In the event of a tie, the second chance winner will break the tie. The nominee with the most votes is evicted from the house.

Other Twists​

Head of House
Introduced in Week 2 was the title of "Head of House". The house will elect an HoH, who will be given total immunity for the week and access to the HOH Suite along with two housemates of their choice. They were also granted a unique game power throughout their reign, with the ability to control the game and the nominations. No Housemate can be Head of House in back to back weeks.

... but, correct me if I'm wrong, I remember AU use to have some after hours of Feeds of HG back in the day...

Jazie, welcome to the forum.

Yes, back in the day they used to have after-hours feeds of the house. There were plenty of times that all you would see was housemates sleeping. Occassionally one would get up to go to the toilet, or there would be one who couldn't sleep, etc ... and maybe even a whispered conversation if two of them couldn't sleep. BB then began to throw in 24 hour tasks that would last a day or two in which they had to work in shifts, during the day, and all through the night. Those tasks meant that even though it was the middle of the night, there was still some content and conversation on our TV screens. A notable one which springs to mind was a fishing task, in 2007, where two housemates had to fish (both sitting on a ledge over the swimmng pool, both holding fishing rods/poles). We also had "Uplate" a kind of "recap" show on later in the evening which summarised what had been happening in the house, whilst also showing live feeds.

And, yes, from memory, you are probably right that the last BBAU with Danny showed more conversation of the players.

Last edited:
This lays it out...

Format​

Big Brother 14 airs three nights a week from Monday to Wednesday. Each week, the two Housemates will typically be Evicted. For the first time since the 2020 revival, significant additions were made to the Big Brother game structure.

Each episode will showcase highlights from the house and house tasks (to determine the shopping budget for the week as well as to award various luxuries) and the Nomination and Eviction process. Regarding the nomination and eviction process, each night features a different episode format. While some episodes modify the format slightly, the typical episode structure is as follows:

Monday: The Housemates compete in a Nomination Challenge, the winner of which has power over the next set of Nominations. Immediately after the challenge, the challenge winner will be called to the Diary Room by Big Brother to name three nominees for that Night's Eviction Ceremony. At the Eviction Ceremony all housemates must vote to evict one of the three nominees, with the exception of the nominating housemate (who will only cast a tie-breaker vote, if required). The nominee with the most votes is evicted from the house.

Tuesday: The housemates compete in an Immunity Challenge, the winner is immune from the next set of Nominations. Then the House will participate in House Nominations, with housemates voting for one Housemate to be nominated for the next Eviction. The three Housemates with the most votes are nominated for eviction. In the event of a tie, the challenge winner will break the tie to determine three nominees.

Wednesday: The Housemates nominated by the house compete in the Second Chance Challenge, with the winner will save themself from that night's Eviction Ceremony. At the Eviction Ceremony all housemates must vote to evict one of the two remaining nominees, with the exception of the nominees themselves (as their votes would cancel the other's out). In the event of a tie, the second chance winner will break the tie. The nominee with the most votes is evicted from the house.

Other Twists​

Head of House
Introduced in Week 2 was the title of "Head of House". The house will elect an HoH, who will be given total immunity for the week and access to the HOH Suite along with two housemates of their choice. They were also granted a unique game power throughout their reign, with the ability to control the game and the nominations. No Housemate can be Head of House in back to back weeks.

Ahhh this lays it out clearly. Thanks!

Just wondering.

I'm fully supporting the OGs, so I tend to see this season through the prism of
a) wanting an OG to win/not get voted out
and then
b) seeing if any of the newbies are ok but not being invested in them.

Reaction to the newbies seems to be muted at best.
But is there anyone here who is 100% behind a newbie win, either as a group or one particular favourite?

Or is it a case of, we aren't getting to know anyone, so we are going off what we already know about the OGs, and there's nothing to judge the newbies by? For example we see a lot of Sam because she's like a limpet attached to Drew, but I have no idea what her personality is like or what she thinks of anything.

This is hilarious but Tully is very pretty. She’s worked out a lot in the past 9 years.
…Rose711… can I tell you a secret?… you’ve gotta promise not to tell anyone okay?… (everyone thinks that I’m a grumpy old git so I have to keep up that reputation)… but… (now this is the part where you have to keep it secret okay?)… I was quite stunned on how pretty both Layla and Tully are now… Layla since she lost all the weight is quite beautiful I have to say… and Tully?… wow!… she sure has blossomed too… she’s quite attractive too (now they are words that I thought that I would never ever say lol!)… (that’s the part where you’ve got to keep secret too)… but!… as soon as she starts to cry and carry on like she always does she becomes instant cannon fodder on these forums for jokes at her expense…

…because the way I look at it… if you are so desparate to achieve ‘stardom’ and you willingly put yourself onto any ‘Reality’ show whatsover to achieve that then you put yourself up for that criticism whether good or bad from that point onwards… (usually always bad)… I have a great respect for all women because my dad was really old fashioned and respectful of all women and instilled that into me throughout my whole life… but whenever I see anybody (male or female) on any ‘Reality’ show I see them as a character playing a role in the show… to me it’s like booing or cheering a villain or hero in a pantomime… I’m not booing the person but their character… no malicious intent or ridicule is pointed towards them in normal life… just while they are in the show…

…I said earlier in this thread that Tully is probably a really nice person outside the house but inside the house?… I blame Big Brothers editing as the reason for her character’s development on the show… when they want to portray her as a villain for Drew and Sams ‘showmance’ then it’s Big Brothers fault as to how we treat the housemates in these Forums etc… if you willingly go onto a ‘Reality’ show… you cop what your character gets or don’t go on it in the first place methinks!… it’s like when I play my Xbox… if the game forces you to kill a character or injure it… you have to kill it whether it’s male or female… it’s only a character… you have to kill it…

…after that short novel on my take on things… yes… Tully is quite pretty as well as Layla… sorry to bore you shitless Rose711 with my rather extended reply lol!… cheers.

Just wondering.

Reaction to the newbies seems to be muted at best.
But is there anyone here who is 100% behind a newbie win, either as a group or one particular favourite?
Yeah I think it would be kinda interesting if a couple of scenarios occur, like for instance if the newbies manage to completely wipe the season of the OG's by midway (and making short work of any potential intruder OG's); or they make it to the end with 1 or 2 you may not expect (like say Estelle or Tully over Tim and Reggie).

You could even wring out some OTT drama by having the newbies at the end being conflicted about winning the final challenge (if that's they way they play it again this year) by not tanking their goodwill with the public vote by being the one forced to eliminate say, Reggie from the final 3 or taking her through and probably high chance of being handed the win (depending if she's the only OG left at that point kinda thing).

My best friend lives there and pre covid I used to go down a few times a year. This is the first post covid trip. We are seeing Guy Sebastian concert on Friday night.

…you’re seeing Guy Sebastion?… on purpose?… on you’re on free will?… you’re a braver man than I will EVER be bleachy my friend 😇😍 lol!… cheers.

Jazie, welcome to the forum.

Yes, back in the day they used to have after-hours feeds of the house. There were plenty of times that all you would see was housemates sleeping. Occassionally one would get up to go to the toilet, or there would be one who couldn't sleep, etc ... and maybe even a whispered conversation if two of them couldn't sleep. BB then began to throw in 24 hour tasks that would last a day or two in which they had to work in shifts, during the day, and all through the night. Those tasks meant that even though it was the middle of the night, there was still some content and conversation on our TV screens. A notable one which springs to mind was a fishing task, in 2007, where two housemates had to fish (both sitting on a ledge over the swimmng pool, both holding fishing rods/poles). We also had "Uplate" a kind of "recap" show on later in the evening which summarised what had been happening in the house, whilst also showing live feeds.

And, yes, from memory, you are probably right that the last BBAU with Danny showed more conversation of the players.

…aaahhhhhh!… ** Sticky bursts into song**… 🎶 those were the days my friend I thought they would never end we’d sing and dance etc etc 🎶 I miss the ‘good old days’ ☹️… cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back