Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 6 Discussion (17 May, 7:30pm)

How should the makeup of this year's housemates been for this series?

• All Stars

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • All Originals

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Mixed

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • ‘Come Give Me A Cuddle, Taras’ sounds like it could be from a Disney animated remake of The Sound Of Music ala We Don’t Talk About Bruno or something. lol.
  • ChallenJ Time. Anyone else getting Biggest Loser Flashbacks when BB mentioned the sandbags are weighted as a percentage of their body weight?
  • Hmmmm predictable dot jpeg but good on Tully to stay in it for Joel’s sake. That narrows down the Newbies list they’re targeting though for noms I guess too.

• Ooh we getting some stat from Jaycee all of a sudden! Nice job editors.
  • ‘I won’t say anything to anybody, I give you my word’ - yeah but will Lara go for some Pillow Talk to sort out her noms and risk being overheard like its Marissa from 2020? lol.
  • Lulu’s still Flip Flopping. Like a Pillow you might say? Maybe she could take on Lara’s method to help make a choice and then shift blame to THE PILLOW SAID. Lol.

Tonight's episode was way better than last night's. I'm sensing I like the non-eviction episodes the most. The eviction process just sucks up so much time... I'm also enjoying Tully being there. Glad she's actually there to play.
Is the nomination process interesting enough in this hybrid format though to make it worth watching.

We've all said the Seven format shoud have been split over two episodes but firstly every other eviction having a different format isn't great for fans of consistency, and secondly the way they've split them I don't think particularly works from reading the posts here.

Have they introduced the supposed HoH element yet?

• That was a bit all over the shop from the Newbies. Also interesting that they went ahead and revealed Trevors votes after Tully Saved him and nullified them.
  • Next ep looks interesting. Goodnight!

I’ll keep stopping by to post the occasional spoiler here and there, but I’ve well and truely clocked out of this season. Let me know if I miss anything 😉
Noooo we need your gifs and commentary (even if I don’t want to click your spoilers haha)

Is the nomination process interesting enough in this hybrid format though to make it worth watching.

We've all said the Seven format shoud have been split over two episodes but firstly every other eviction having a different format isn't great for fans of consistency, and secondly the way they've split them I don't think particularly works from reading the posts here.

Have they introduced the supposed HoH element yet?
I do agree with this. The format is confusing, they’re not being consistent. I wonder if they were changing it as they went? I know people accuse them of doing that with fake evictions etc in the last couple of series but I tend to lean more towards them being planned twists. This just feels like a mess, they’re not twists, they’re literally doing every eviction cycle in a different way so far.

Finally the OGs are in sync. Smart move to save Trevor. He's not interesting but he's a loyal number.

I don't know why Tully takes Tim's bait every time. Because she's Tully?

The 'romantic' package of Drew and Sam macking on was gross. Are showmances really what the viewers want? Go watch The Bachelor instead.

I really like Gabbie and Lulu, but they're both clearly manipulated by the OGs. From a newbie perspective, this is the worst season to be involved with. And it doesn't help that the OGs are sprinkled in over time, rather than from the start.

I do agree with this. The format is confusing, ........
Not just that. Its the nonsensical editing on steroids. Speeding up to what they consider "must watch" bits of drama.
What they forget is , you cant create proper drama without having a subtext to it.
Otherwise, it is a confused jumbled mess. We have no idea about the motivations. We have no idea about their reasonings. Just 3 second grabs.
FFS. Not even an explanation from each housemate when voting.
Its so disconnected and badly executed to rush to and fabricate "special" moments.
Its like reading a novel or a whodunnit story with random bunches of pages torn out. Hence the happenings make no sense.
Just a bunch of desperate "gotcha" moments. Which arent even "gotcha" more like 'why the fk did that just happen.
Pretty flashy intermittent images does not a show make. Its just a random slide show.
Lazy and monumentally dumb production. Is it to cater to younger audiences with a lesser attention span?
Maybe their intention. But to have to have any attention span, the evolving drama has to be fluid and connected and make sense as to why events occur.

I do agree with this. The format is confusing, they’re not being consistent. I wonder if they were changing it as they went? I know people accuse them of doing that with fake evictions etc in the last couple of series but I tend to lean more towards them being planned twists. This just feels like a mess, they’re not twists, they’re literally doing every eviction cycle in a different way so far.
What you got planned while you're in Melbourne @bleachy_dude ?

Drew:… “Tully… do you remember when we first ever saw each other naked”?…

Tully:… “yes!… as a matter of fact… I do”!…

Drew:… “yeah… I can’t unsee it either”…

…see Drew… things do come back to haunt you eh?… cheers.
This is hilarious but Tully is very pretty. She’s worked out a lot in the past 9 years.

monkey-cool.gif

Nailed it.

I hope Ol’ Pillow Flipper doesn’t win the challenge! I actually don’t mind who goes from those three. Be good to see one of the J Crew say ta ta, and it’s true about poor Lulu, she needs to be a bit more strategic. I thought it was rich Tim saying the newbs‘ votes were all over the place…he was pushing for Lara and flipped to Lulu at the last minute. That could have screwed with the OGs’ strategy, so he can’t really accept congratulations for any brilliant moves. I’m wondering if Dave hasn’t just said to the other OGs that he wasn’t into block voting from the get go. No one ever seems to bother telling him who to vote for, and he always just goes his own way. He always has a valid reason for his vote (and I can’t see him bending to Tim’s will). Good for him.

But we aren't seeing everything. From him wanting to vote Lara to Lulu, stuff must had happened that was left on the cutting room floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back