Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 31 FINALE Discussion (12 July, 7.30pm)

Who will win?

• Reggie (Hup!)

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • Johnson (What a fucking liberty!)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Taras (What a load of old shit!)

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what to think. Taras was a beast at challenges and worked hard to get to the end. Yet Reggie and Johnston also got to the end. We shouldn't discount their game play based on the fact they weren't winning challenges constantly. Is it possibly better game play to get there with out the advantage of winning challenges? Or with the disadvantage of being unable to win challenges?
I don’t think Taras got through just because of the challenges. Regardless of what he says I feel like he had to be holding back early on in the game, knowing people who are good at challenges are targeted. He exercised so much restraint in how he played the first half, building relationships and presenting himself as the non-threatening quirky nice guy. I get the impression when he was voted as being under the radar it became apparent to him that his social game hadn’t panned out as he hoped so he kicked it up a gear by focussing on strategy and challenges and not being so focused on popularity. But all the way along there’s been strategy. I feel like Johnson fell in with the popular group among the newbs and that was his sole strategy, just being loyal to his group and not rocking the boat. There were no breakout moves. As for Reggie, she would have known she could coast through at least until she was near the end, and there were countless occasions she could have acted strategically but she went with loyalty and friendship, which might also have been strategy, because that is exactly why she is so well loved! She does deserve to win, for playing old school BB in the new format and still making it. But I think Taras deserves it too, but he was playing Survivor within a BB framework and sadly won’t be rewarded by the public for the second act of his game, which was necessary to make it to the final, but has cost him the win I think. It’s almost Shakespearian!

I don’t think Taras got through just because of the challenges. Regardless of what he says I feel like he had to be holding back early on in the game, knowing people who are good at challenges are targeted. He exercised so much restraint in how he played the first half, building relationships and presenting himself as the non-threatening quirky nice guy. I get the impression when he was voted as being under the radar it became apparent to him that his social game hadn’t panned out as he hoped so he kicked it up a gear by focussing on strategy and challenges and not being so focused on popularity. But all the way along there’s been strategy. I feel like Johnson fell in with the popular group among the newbs and that was his sole strategy, just being loyal to his group and not rocking the boat. There were no breakout moves. As for Reggie, she would have known she could coast through at least until she was near the end, and there were countless occasions she could have acted strategically but she went with loyalty and friendship, which might also have been strategy, because that is exactly why she is so well loved! She does deserve to win, for playing old school BB in the new format and still making it. But I think Taras deserves it too, but he was playing Survivor within a BB framework and sadly won’t be rewarded by the public for the second act of his game, which was necessary to make it to the final, but has cost him the win I think. It’s almost Shakespearian!
Taras definitely played the social game to get there as well. He played on all fronts. Dumb Dumb should be proud of his efforts.

I can think of arguments for all of them to win. I legitimately won't be disappointed with any of them winning. They all deserve to be there. Is who I wanted to be there and win there. No, but that's how the game goes.

omg, I know I'm late, but I only just found out about that Estelle vs Tim twitter fight in June.
Listening to her with Ben atm, on that podcast back on the 7th. https://www.tvreload.com.au/episodes/episode/24005be9/is-estelle-the-peoples-princess-of-big-brother
Ben's not still in Gladstone is he?, omg I hope not lmao, even though he said he liked it.
edit: estelle mentioning michael jackson so casually <3 . im so glad she did that.
edit2: o god i love you @Estelle.Landy LOL. I'm gay so don't worry, but I love you. omg. I love you okay. I relate. I already noticed you followed real rukshan tho, but I love you, so genuine, so real. There's no way you don't feel like an alien being how you are, but then on that side too. That true intelligent centered-ness. <3 Of course I make this post all about Estelle when it's meant to be about the finale episode LMAO.

I can see how Estelle would be quite hurt over that tweet...
Like, I won't expand on it because I think that it's good that it's in the past, but ugh, that feels hurtful to me just because that is a vulnerable angle of comparison, not just something harmless.
It could be believed, in a show that has no accountability, and a population obsessed over dividing everyone.
So like, idk how it went down at the time, but, ugh, whatever.

Reggie to win, let's end this the way it should be!
Excited to watch a bit of LIVE footage for once!
I want to see all these beautiful people on TV together again, tonight :) !

Last edited:
You are the essence of bb community lmao.

Hey so, now that it's the finale... I've been too afraid to ask, but, were the final 3 housemates leaked long ago somehow?
Like I assume it MUST have been, being so pre-recorded. That's why I've been nervous even like, engaging with this on social media or even much here.
I assume we had to be hush? Or, did it ACTUALLY get kept a secret successfully and we didn't know?

I only ask because like... bloody bbba, we would leak the bloody housemates before it would even premiere back in the day HAHAHA. They haaaated us hahaha. It used to be so FUN to slap them in the face and be the first to talk about something. But a whole pre-recorded season, my god, it's like, even if you knew, it would spoil like almost everything from the start... It wouldn't even be fun to leak that.

You are the essence of bb community lmao.

Hey so, now that it's the finale... I've been too afraid to ask, but, were the final 3 housemates leaked long ago somehow?
Like I assume it MUST have been, being so pre-recorded. That's why I've been nervous even like, engaging with this on social media or even much here.
I assume we had to be hush? Or, did it ACTUALLY get kept a secret successfully and we didn't know?

I only ask because like... bloody bbba, we would leak the bloody housemates before it would even premiere back in the day HAHAHA. They haaaated us hahaha. It used to be so FUN to slap them in the face and be the first to talk about something. But a whole pre-recorded season, my god, it's like, even if you knew, it would spoil like almost everything from the start... It wouldn't even be fun to leak that.
The final three has been leaked pre-season, or within the first two weeks, every single year since it's been on Seven. Was proven right each time.

It's inevitable with a pre-recorded show.

The final three has been leaked pre-season, or within the first two weeks, every single year since it's been on Seven. Was proven right each time.

It's inevitable with a pre-recorded show.
I'm glad I kept away then I guess :\ .
That should be a complete deal breaker for the entire format, honestly, why the F isn't it?

How awful, fans wanting to keep away from social media involving the show itself.

I wonder if they're going to play a risky game and give Josh and opportunity to speak during the live show. He previously said after seeing how they portrayed him in regards to Sam during his brief stint in the house, he was going to use any given opportunity at the finale to set the record straight. 😂

Any images from the live show setup around for tongiht?
. I’m wondering how many people will go considering the size of the venue they have… wonder if all employees of 7 are invited to fill seats 😂

Reggie seems like will win according to popularity. But people can be rather complacent and will not vote for her because they "know" she'll win. FTR, Johnson has a cult following in western Sydney (where I'm from). He's getting a lot of votes with posts on him being shared left and right, so y'all better watch out (if you're Reggie/Taras fans). I voted for him as well.

Complacency was the reason why Ben 13 was evicted. :thumbsup:

kt8P3IH.gif

Laughing too much. My cheeks hurt. Hilarious. Just hilarious. 😂 🤪 😂

Back