Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 26 Discussion (4 July, 7:30pm)

Of the remaining n00bs, do you feel you've gotten to know anyone well enough to award them $250 000?

• Aleisha

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Brenton

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Penis

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters
it was mocking her. I didn’t see a need for it. She showed that she thought it was okay to comment about another hm she shared an experience with, in a public manner, in a hostile way. That’s just how I interpreted it.

It seemed to me that Aleisha wanted to be the last female standing - a common trope in reality TV, especially the old version of Big Brother. Early on the males all bond and nominate the females and the females nominate each other. The females on the outside then vote the females in the house out. Aleisha was always working closely with Johnson, Jaycee and later on Taras. Estelle commenting ‘lol’ to it being suggested that Aleisha was about the sisterhood doesn’t seem malicious to me.

It seemed to me that Aleisha wanted to be the last female standing - a common trope in reality TV, especially the old version of Big Brother. Early on the males all bond and nominate the females and the females nominate each other. The females on the outside then vote the females in the house out. Aleisha was always working closely with Johnson, Jaycee and later on Taras. Estelle commenting ‘lol’ to it being suggested that Aleisha was about the sisterhood doesn’t seem malicious to me.
Fair point. I didn’t see it from that perspective. I guess seeing now the backlash to the newbies, and remembering that detail I mixed the two into one, when they probably should have been left as two singular moments unrelated to one another.

Regardless of motivation, it is a little unfair to come into a forum where you are a massive fan favourite and place your spin on other housemates, influencing an audience while the game is still being played on screen.

Regardless of motivation, it is a little unfair to come into a forum where you are a massive fan favourite and place your spin on other housemates, influencing an audience while the game is still being played on screen.
Hey, it's been great to have Estelle and Tully post here.

Estelle has been a member for years here and I'm also glad that Tully finally joined after just observing for years.

If there's a problem with it 7 shouldn't do a pre-record or be more specific to housemates about what is allowed.

Estelle has been a member for years here and I'm also glad that Tully finally joined after just observing for years.

If there's a problem with it 7 shouldn't do a pre-record or be more specific to housemates about what is allowed.
I didn't say it wasn't great to have Estelle, Tully, and Taras post here. It has been "mixed."

Trying to influence others about the housemates that they would know are still in for the running is a different thing.

Estelle's twitter account is now protected.
She did have it protected for sometime before the new series of Big Brother aired. Maybe thinks should return to that now that she's evicted. Still bit interesting considering the show isn't totally over.

They are allowed on their social media etc to influence too. I agree either channel 7 needs to not pre-record or if they think it is a problem they need to be more defined with the housemates with what the rules are - eg no internet use (social media/forums etc) until you are evicted.

I didn't say it wasn't great to have Estelle, Tully, and Taras post here. It has been "mixed."

Trying to influence others about the housemates that they would know are still in for the running is a different thing.

They didn't have to try very hard. People outside these forums already don't like Johnson, Aleisha and Taras based on what they have seen on TV and are indifferent to Brenton. The only one that's truly loved both here and by the general public is Reggie.

Back