Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 26 Discussion (4 July, 7:30pm)

Of the remaining n00bs, do you feel you've gotten to know anyone well enough to award them $250 000?

• Aleisha

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Brenton

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Penis

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters
Yeah totally. I took a gamble at owning my lies and for some it paid off, and for some it didnt. I def have to take responsibility for that haha. Im just not as charming of a villain as I thought Id be.
I deleted a post replying to bleachy posts after he replied to mine because I didn’t realise the hurt from Estelle and everything that was being said, anyways I decided not to contribute and be involved in it. What I do want to say is I think it’s unfair to say you’re only a head player. That does not mean you are heartless or dont feel for those around you. It was seen that you felt it when Reggie’s name was called, Tim shared beautiful words about Estelle, Brenton’s face said it all, Johnson gave a beautiful speech of the hms. You all showed heart in small moments. When did it become heart vs head, so black and white, right and wrong… so boxed. Where are the intricate lines merged that show more complex human behaviour because sadly while we were getting roped by production many of us, or I should say I, I forgot about seeing people in every light. You’re not a villain. You played a game and expecting moral grounds in a show like this is unfair I’m realising. And I don’t agree with people using their fan base to target others either. I said earlier and I’ll say again, it’s undeserved

Whilst we can all go on and on about what we feel about has happened in the recent episode, there is one thing from this episode that the editing can’t compromise our opinions of. And that is the fact that this episode began at Day 56. A whole 3 days of no footage shown.

Whilst we can all go on and on about what we feel about has happened in the recent episode, there is one thing from this episode that the editing can’t compromise our opinions of. And that is the fact that this episode began at Day 56. A whole 3 days of no footage shown.

Shit good catch. Have we missed a decent chunk of time like that before?

Kinda feel like this season has turned into a mess. And more of an awkward mess than an entertaining one. If there’s actually another season next year, hopefully the fact that the whole house is newbies again will make things feel a bit more normal.

It’s just a game. Ok and still kind of a social experiment. Now taking a bit of a different spin than originally intended.

I know I could not cope with going on that show. Waaaaay too stressful. But it seems to be consuming some of the Housemates. It doesn’t seem good….

I would have thought Taras came off looking better this episode. Can’t justify the minds of the masses Hahahaa

Taras is getting it for coming off as a big liar again.

Not sure if it’s deserved though. I mean really the group numbers are limited. He could only put forward so many people in the end without sabotaging his own game play with his alliance

I think it's the smugness that makes it come across as unlikeable. We all get that lying is part of the game, but Taras does it in a way that is so grating and he gloats about it.

He has the potential to be a good player, but his social game needs a fair bit of work.

I guess this speaks to the problem of 7s format. You have to play the game to get to the end, but ultimately the public decides who wins. The public will always see it as a popularity contest, not rewarding based on strategy or gameplay. Taras might think he's playing a good game, but if the public don't like you, then you'll never win. The same can be said for Aleisha.

I think it's the smugness that makes it come across as unlikeable. We all get that lying is part of the game, but Taras does it in a way that is so grating and he gloats about it.

He has the potential to be a good player, but his social game needs a fair bit of work.

I guess this speaks to the problem of 7s format. You have to play the game to get to the end, but ultimately the public decides who wins. The public will always see it as a popularity contest, not rewarding based on strategy or gameplay. Taras might think he's playing a good game, but if the public don't like you, then you'll never win. The same can be said for Aleisha.
And this comes back to an editorial decision. Taras has only seemed smug since about the Tully vote. So either he was pretending to be someone he wasn't and could not keep it up the whole game or he has had less smug and more smug ways of saying things all along and production changed audience perception of him in response to his involvement with some big og's leaving.

By the way @Estelle.Landy just want to call you out on something here, you said:
I gotta say that I am so shocked by some of the comments I have read tonight.
I stepped away and distanced myself after Taras came in here guns blazing on a campaign trail.
This is what I have come back to?
Alot of “new members” i see who have never posted.. very interesting indeed.

Just because I haven’t explain and tried to skew views and justify does not mean I don’t have anything to say.

I feel like this is actually gaslighting us. I went back through the thread and looked at the posts that were even remotely against you, I don't see one "new member" who hasn't posted before. In fact the only new member I could find before your post in this thread was someone who was having a go at Taras. I think the commentary its pretty fair and balanced. All of a sudden because we are not simply praising you, we are awful apparently?

“Overly emotional”. I am only reacting to people who are playing me emotionally.
The Tim reaction is about the lies not the play. About him being privvy to the sacred game information and acting like he is actually an alley. You have to remember I have not had actual proof of anything concrete until tonight. Only feelings. I asked him at point blank after he had foiled vital plans he said he was in on. Eg : nominating Johnson in house noms with Jules and I etc. it kept happening.

You can do what you want in the game but when people act like they are playing with you. Only to be playing against you but using your safety it is the epitome of broken trust.

Yall getting super awful and personal tonight and I am shocked.

Being upset in the moment is understandable, your moral outrage and carrying it on to attack other players characters months later is not acceptable. I truly do get that having your trust broken hurt, but you also did it yourself to Taras. No one is dragging you for that months later!

By the way @Estelle.Landy just want to call you out on something here, you said:

I feel like this is actually gaslighting us. I went back through the thread and looked at the posts that were even remotely against you, I don't see one "new member" who hasn't posted before. In fact the only new member I could find before your post in this thread was someone who was having a go at Taras. I think the commentary its pretty fair and balanced. All of a sudden because we are not simply praising you, we are awful apparently?

Being upset in the moment is understandable, your moral outrage and carrying it on to attack other players characters months later is not acceptable. I truly do get that having your trust broken hurt, but you also did it yourself to Taras. No one is dragging you for that months later!

It's the same thing over & over again, victim blaming. The poor woe is me shit

And this comes back to an editorial decision. Taras has only seemed smug since about the Tully vote. So either he was pretending to be someone he wasn't and could not keep it up the whole game or he has had less smug and more smug ways of saying things all along and production changed audience perception of him in response to his involvement with some big og's leaving.

Exactly right! The whole format is flawed.
7 need to just commit to the OG version, or the US version. This hybrid shit fest isn't working for anyone.

Omg this is it exactly!!! And this is not the first time in the game it was like this btw..

Also, I cant remember who said it in this chat, but I was NEVER vindictive about lies, or ever did them out of spite. I didnt take joy in them either. With Estelle, i never lied to her before this. What happened is she said she had my back 100% over and over again with the Drew vote (Reggie did too actually. Said she had me 100% with Estelle, but she actually didnt. Please dont get me wrong, I love Reggie and always will, but its so weird and rich being the "liar" of the season haha).

Anyway, great moves on their part, but in regards to Estelle, I was like "holy fuck...like I literally voted everytime against Drew because I was your friend Estelle. Thats why him and I became enemies...because I was always going against the Newbies to protect you...". And she still wanted to keep her nemesis....but i survived! And from then on I couldnt trust her.

But why would I tell her I couldnt trust her? Its a game, she played me (very well and i give her all the kudos for it), but her hit missed. So i kept her onside as best as I could, because she had already opened that door that lying is ok. It wasnt vindictive, or spiteful, just a way to get ahead with someone who fired the shots first.

I honestly found it so weird that she got so angry. Like its full on surprised pikachu. And even after the show finished filming it took us AGES to rectify it. But that all seems to be gone because I see her agenda on twitter calling me untrustworthy and a liar and all that, but never ever owning her part in why that happened. And I keep saying this exact story and asking her if any part of it is incorrect, and she never responds. Cuz none of it is incorrect.

Its also very frustrating, because for someone that has been bullied and supposedly stands up for those being down trodden, she doesnt pull any punches, makes me (and others) look like we are evil incarnate, and releases all these bullies and evil people who send me death threats and the worst language youve heard. People wanting to punch my head in and knock me out and Im a cunt and a fuckwit and all that jazz. And Im like "but...but!?...but like you did the same to me?!"

Please dont take this the wrong way, Im so happy that I got to do this, but Im telling you the Newbies, expecially Johnson and Aleisha, have had it so fucken hard. I mean, we're going up against Australian royalty and voting them out, and we're nobodies. Theyre reading everything and they are actually INCREDIBLE and good humans.

Im just saying, please be careful what you believe from some people. And I will BACK EVERYTHING I CAN up as much as possible and answer. any question you all have.

I hope I havent gone too far tonight, but its distressing getting a billion "youre a cunt, despicable, dog etc" messages on all mediums because Estelle is stirring the pot like Im evil and not telling the entire story. Like, big brother in the end is a FUCKING GAME and everyone else is being incredibly gracious and trying to have fun. AND holding their tongues, because ITS A GAME.

Theres been a lot going on in the background that would blow all your minds and probably have you rethink or readjust what you believe.

Anyway rant over. Apologies if Im bringing everyone down and also I mean no disrespect to Estelles character at all. But I do believe some of these actions are having some pretty dire consequences and I cannot believe that thats going unnoticed, when in fact I think its being incited.

Be careful, she will say you are bullying her, like she has about others. lol And she will fake cry again.

Thank you @DumbDumbTerry for actually calling out the bullshit that is being posted & said.

Unfortunately some people get off on playing the victim card. They will do that until the day they die.

It's sad they you are now the victim of false allegations. And people will 'hate' you for it.

I wish that you all could take a lie detector test. But I would bet someone would refuse,

Please dont take this the wrong way, Im so happy that I got to do this, but Im telling you the Newbies, expecially Johnson and Aleisha, have had it so fucken hard. I mean, we're going up against Australian royalty and voting them out, and we're nobodies. Theyre reading everything and they are actually INCREDIBLE and good humans.
Aleisha queen 😍 and Johnson's been killing it. Has made clutch relationships and I actually think voting Reggie was the right call for him.

Estelle sets the bar so high for herself, that people are quick to jump on ANY “mistake” she makes when ultimately her intentions are positive. It’s what makes her so intriguing to watch, as well as watching how people respond to her (i.e. either follow her loyally or dislike her). It’s an unexplainable X-Factor she has. I can also imagine the impact of the 2012 season shaping the way Estelle responses to ‘betrayal’ a little more sensitively than others.

The Estelle v. Taras thing is an unfortunate battle of the ‘sensitives’ (and I mean that in a nice way). They’re both the kind of personality type that would be affected by the ‘Survivor’ style of gameplay more than others, because ultimately the game is mean and forces people to do things they wouldn’t in real life. Like, you don’t tune into a reality TV show looking for morals.

- Taras betrays Estelle (in her eyes) first by voting out Lulu, another sensitive housemate on the outer (who was picked on by Drew). (1-0)
- Estelle later then has to pick between Drew and Taras, two housemates who have both betrayed her alliance at that point, and ultimately goes with her alliance agreement and votes Taras. Hardly a litmus test of Estelle’s loyalty and “morals” since both housemates weren’t on her side (1-1)
- Taras then stores this for 3-4 weeks, lies to Estelle in the laundry area, and puts up Estelle with conviction, as if the Drew v Taras thing was The ULTIMATE AHA GOTCHA ESTELLE moment because he HIMSELF felt betrayed (2-1).

I hope Estelle and Taras heal from this. Because ultimately, the show is a nothing and people will forget all of this, this time next fortnight.

Last edited:
WTAF? What could possibly have happened to result in dumping three days' worth of footage? Some Covid complications at the time? Some problem setting up the challenges? It's just too strange.

What I mean is more in reference to my earlier comment about the way she is edited into the show and the psychological persuasive techniques used to achieve it.

In short, the consistent persuasive language (“most beloved HM of all-time, Queen, adored, Royal, unbeatable”, etc), receives a highly positive edit, happy/funny/sad music, and the like. It doesn’t have to be so overhyped. There’s a reason the audience are feeling the way they are right now.

I would say the audience would have felt the same way towards Reggie even without all that as they got to know her from her previous season (the majority of people commenting on social media seemed to have watched the show since the start).

Also helps that she doesn't have a mean spirited bone in her body and is not trying to be someone she is not.

I gotta say that I am so shocked by some of the comments I have read tonight.
I stepped away and distanced myself after Taras came in here guns blazing on a campaign trail.
This is what I have come back to?
Alot of “new members” i see who have never posted.. very interesting indeed.

Just because I haven’t explain and tried to skew views and justify does not mean I don’t have anything to say.
Some previously banned members like Kaz who talks crap about pretty much everyone has returned and others who aren't regular commenters have popped up all of a sudden too.

Back