Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 26 Discussion (4 July, 7:30pm)

Of the remaining n00bs, do you feel you've gotten to know anyone well enough to award them $250 000?

• Aleisha

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Brenton

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Penis

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters
When did it become heart vs head, so black and white, right and wrong… so boxed.
This "heart player" stuff is just self-serving and/or self-deluding bullshit, in my opinion.

Like Survivor, BB nowadays is a game of both loyalty, alliances, and strategy. If people neglected to watch the previous seasons on 7, that's on them.

I am fine with people like Dave or Reggie or whoever playing from the heart, playing with their likes and dislikes, or from the whim or resentment of the moment. But I am not fine with elevating oneself as a superior, heartfelt being. And then attacking and vilifying other players on social media after the game. Hardly a "heart" move.

No. The fact is we are fucking selfless people that actually think maybe Reggie staying is worth more than us staying. Tired of this portrayal because all us fucking newbies are getting it fucking rough when actually we have big hearts and very much understand that Reggie is struggling and maybe we can help. I think its been pretty fucking obvious since she has had nearly no (or none) house nomination points and only been put up once or twice.
Yeah I actually thought that you all pretty much thought that too and so was shocked with what Aleisha and Johnson just did with voting her out.

I'm guessing possibly she and Estelle come back soon though like Drew and Aleisha did.

And this comes back to an editorial decision. Taras has only seemed smug since about the Tully vote. So either he was pretending to be someone he wasn't and could not keep it up the whole game or he has had less smug and more smug ways of saying things all along and production changed audience perception of him in response to his involvement with some big og's leaving.
It's definitely a mix of both rather than being outright one or the other. Last night in a single shot of Taras after Estelle told him he was a liar - he answered "yes" and then turned his head away and smirked. Which has actually been displayed multiple times in recent episodes, he'll lie and then he'll sit there and revel in the fact he just completely lied to someone or that he's lied and been caught, but doesn't care. It's these very minute moments that can't be edited in anyway that makes Taras come off as extremely unlikeable.

Kinda feel like this season has turned into a mess. And more of an awkward mess than an entertaining one. If there’s actually another season next year, hopefully the fact that the whole house is newbies again will make things feel a bit more normal.

TBH I am ready to let 7's version of BB go. Not sure I will be watching an all newbies version with this format.

Some previously banned members like Kaz who talks crap about pretty much everyone has returned and others who aren't regular commenters have popped up all of a sudden too.

Oh please.

I post what I think. Not believing the crap that is posted by fucking drama queens.

During my banning I was taking to a member here (not every day or week) & posting the same 'crap' that I can now post.

I am over the self fucking entitlement of some former housemates. And the bullshit that spew from them & they start to believe their lies & video can prove that they lied, yet call other former HM's liars.

Oh please.

I post what I think. Not believing the crap that is posted by fucking drama queens.

During my banning I was taking to a member here (not every day or week) & posting the same 'crap' that I can now post.

I am over the self fucking entitlement of some former housemates. And the bullshit that spew from them & they start to believe their lies & video can prove that they lied, yet call other former HM's liars.

Is it just a coincidence then that all this over the top negativity from certain posters started as soon as you came back from your ban?

And finally, Estelle, if youre reading this, I hope you read my posts above and saw how your constant social media presence is creating an incredibly toxic environment for a lot of us. There is no way you dont know this is happening, and I expect more from you as someone who was bullied on their season. You have a lot of power with your follower numbers, and I am constantly getting calls from other housemates who are in tears or extremely fatigued and distressed at the amount of threats and hateful words being sent our way.

And just to be clear, anytime Ive replied or commented about you on social media is to try, in some fucking way, to diffuse the hate coming towards me and others. Im never EVER focusing on your character, just on the stories that I dont believe you are telling accurately or with context.
Taras I don't think what Estelle is or isn't saying on social media is bringing the outrage to you or others. It's just from what people see on the tv. Majority of viewers hardly would even look at Estelle's Twitter/Instagram.

I was first turned off you from what the tv program showed you did to Tully. It wasn't any social media comments from others that soured my thoughts on you.

Is it just a coincidence then that all this over the top negativity from certain posters started as soon as you came back from your ban?

Maybe I inspired them to not be afraid. Mods can verify, that I have only one username.

I would say the audience would have felt the same way towards Reggie even without all that as they got to know her from her previous season (the majority of people commenting on social media seemed to have watched the show since the start).

Also helps that she doesn't have a mean spirited bone in her body and is not trying to be someone she is not.
I understand this.

A lot of you are missing the point entirely, however. It just continues to further prove how much of a nonsensical mess this format is. Do they want us to vote for the best player and “mastermind” of the game, as they keep mentioning and pushing for in the narration over and over, or are they just wanting someone who’s an absolute gem of a human to win based mostly on popularity?

It seems they’re pushing for both which obviously makes zero sense and, much like having a public vote rather than a jury vote to decide the winner in this iteration, it only reenforces how much of a farce the entire show actually is.

You cannot have it both ways.

But you said this. So, that would be strategic AND loveable.
Remove individual HMs from the argument.

This is about their narration and social media pushing for one idea but their editing pushing for another. It’s a complex flaw but it’s an evident contradiction to the format if analysed throughly enough.

That is what I meant by you can’t have it both ways.

Oh please.

Yes I know. When I said crap I meant as in not nice. Not saying that you feel you are posting rubbish.

Was just letting Estelle know that many of your comments aren't nice in case she confused you for a new member. Like you were just as rude about Tully as well recently and not just Estelle.

So Estelle may have confused you for a new commenter because you've recently returned from being banned, so possibly wasnt used to the flow of negativity.

I understand this.

A lot of you are missing the point entirely, however. It just continues to further prove how much of a nonsensical mess this format is. Do they want us to vote for the best player and “mastermind” of the game, as they keep mentioning and pushing for in the narration over and over, or are they just wanting someone who’s an absolute gem of a human to win based mostly on popularity?

It seems they’re pushing for both which obviously makes zero sense and, much like having a public vote rather than a jury vote to decide the winner in this iteration, it only reenforces how much of a farce the entire show actually is.

You cannot have it both ways.

The entire problem with this format is that the audience has been conditioned to vote a certain way over 11 seasons of BB (10 and 9 versions) that it's going to be very hard to shift their mindset now.

The entire problem with this format is that the audience has been conditioned to vote a certain way over 11 seasons of BB (10 and 9 versions) that it's going to be very hard to shift their mindset now.
Then the Seven version has unequivocally failed to do what it attempted to do with the reboot (which we already knew). And they’ve had three chances to do so.

There’s not much more to say.

Was just letting Estelle know that many of your comments aren't nice in case she confused you for a new member. Like you were just as rude about Tully as well recently and not just Estelle.

She knows I am not a new member, I asked her a few questions & was ignored.

Yes she would have gotten the notifications.

I wasn't rude about Tully, just said I would have voted her out so I didn't have to hear the crying.

I was quite nice about her crying compared to others here. Yet I am the rude one. lol

Back