Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 26 Discussion (4 July, 7:30pm)

Of the remaining n00bs, do you feel you've gotten to know anyone well enough to award them $250 000?

• Aleisha

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Brenton

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Penis

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Taras

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters
I called you an idiot a few posts ago, and an entitled basketcase.
I actually had no idea that you are on here, so, I wouldn’t have written that stuff if I had known, I would delete those posts but I can’t.
I was going too far with the idiot comment, the entitled basketcase… I dunno.
Whether she’s here or not is irrelevant.
At the end of the day, these people are playing a game on TV. We can be critical of their behaviour or game play, but too many people cross the line and get far too personal. Everyone just needs to chill the fuck out.

Props for apologising for that post.
This morning I went back and read the whole thread up until the point Estelle posted and that one post was the only post where I thought maybe it was a bit too far. A personal attack that I personally don’t like, I try to live online by the philosophy that I would only say things about people that I would be comfortable saying to their face.

Going back to all the posts about Estelle before she posted, I thought while some (myself definitely included) were critical of the way she was dealing with the game play, nothing was particularly personal or awful.
The fact that she comes on here and probably Instagram Facebook and comments is weird to me.
I’d prefer they aren’t allowed to comment on any social media while the show is airing.
I hate it how it’s all over and done with, it was so much better when you knew they were actually in the house.

But it is. Estelle continually doesnt take responsibility for how her actions create ripples and repercussions, for example how her lie to me (which she has never refuted btw) contributed to me lying to her. Its just always this one sided rhetoric about how good she was and how bad Tim or I or Aleisha or Johnson were. Its exhausting enough getting hate from the masses, which we were all aware of would happen. But look at Johnsons most recent instagram post, where he has to preempt the death threats by writing why he saved Tim over Reggie, and look at how gracious Reggie is when she commented its ok, she understands. Why cant we all be like that?! Why cant we enjoy this experience and know that it was a game, and that lots of people did things that actually arent that bad, because it was all in a game. Like honestly no one did ANYTHING hurtful or destructive.

All us housemates are a family, and its so so so much more enjoyable when we stick together, but Estelles continuous negativity towards Tim, likening him to an abuser (!?), which of course he blew up about. And Im not saying the way he did it was appropriate, but I totally understand the buildup that created that outcome. Or what of Estelle replying to a tweet that says Drew putting up Lulu and Jaycee was racially motivated (yes it happened. Yes I reported that because that went too far for something which is SO NOT TRUE)?! This whole time we're already putting up with Australias hate on the frontline, while on the backline theres 1 housemate that has this agenda that has to portray all our real-life characters as mean and abusive and racist. And here you are being like "oh, but shes not really". Reggie sent me a message today asking me if Im ok, Tully has continuously reached out to me and always said to me and every other HM "please call me if you ever need to chat because I know what its like to be on the end of hate". You know how much that means to all of us? A lots. It makes all the difference that Tully can slam me on twitter, but I know that in the end she cares for me and knows its a game, and she would never do anything that actively is there to slander or harm me. The hardest thing is not Australias hate, its this story from someone whom I love dearly continuously saying that the game and real life are the same thing, that these edited caricatures of us are not only our real life personas, but in fact are WATERED DOWN personas of us, and perhaps (its always subtly and indirectly said), just perhaps we are just as bad or even worse off than what is being shown.

Also, I dont like how youre saying "shes not telling these people to go yell at you". Puleeese. Thats exactly where this whole thing thrives, indirectly creating situations where this sort of stuff happens but then being able to say "well I didnt tell anyone to do that". Last night after she called me out on instagram live the amount of hate I got on my posts and in my DMs was over 10x what it normally is (not that much), so I'd appreciate you not making arguments that you dont know about.

I totally agree with you on the whole "its not Estelles doing, its the edit.." thing. I have blamed the edit a few times, and I should take more responsibility for my actions. People would hate me no matter what, because of things I did in the house and the way I played the game. What I meant as cheeky can come across as arrogant, and thats my own fault for trying and failing, but its not bad that I failed. And actually, to some people, I didnt fail, some people see the joke in it. Like some people were really really angry at me for saying "I can buy friends" when I talked about winning the money. To me thats so obviously a dumb joke haha, but to some they thought I meant it.

I guess the main thing is, it hasnt been as fun because out internal group is divided, and coping with an edit that doesnt show the full range of our actions, our motives, is hard enough without someone WHO WAS THERE and WHO KNOWS HOW A LOT OF IT WENT DOWN continuing this false narrative, for what? To be the saviour or the good person or something.

Thanks for taking the time to write this. This is exactly why I’d never, ever apply to be on BB. It sounds like a fucking nightmare. It also makes me think about my own comments and how even though I’m not writing to the housemate in question directly, there’s a chance they could read it and be affected by it… should go without saying but you know, human nature…

It sucks if you feel you have to withdraw from the convo, or worse, justify everything we see you do on screen. You know there was a lot of love for you here before you spoke up.

I also hope Estelle has read all of your comments and reaches out.

but Estelles continuous negativity towards Tim, likening him to an abuser (!?), which of course he blew up about.
Sorry to be nitpicking, but if this comment is in relation to the “Tim/Drew using Tully/Estelle as a punching bag” tweet, Tim’s reaction toward it was to intentionally misrepresent Estelle in order to “trip her up”, which led to him clumsily likening her to Amber Heard. He was criticised publicly for it accordingly, Estelle since posted a clarification tweet about misrepresentation and that’s that.

The message she was trying to convey was that “Drew continually goaded Estelle and Tim continually goaded Tully”. The tweet made more sense when it was in accordance with what had just transpired on screen.

So the “likening to an abuser” claim needs to stop.

And this comes back to an editorial decision. Taras has only seemed smug since about the Tully vote. So either he was pretending to be someone he wasn't and could not keep it up the whole game or he has had less smug and more smug ways of saying things all along and production changed audience perception of him in response to his involvement with some big og's leaving.
I don’t trust their editors at all.
A lot if that is them just cutting in mixed up reactions from the hour or more they probably have to sit there waiting around.

Whether she’s here or not is irrelevant.
At the end of the day, these people are playing a game on TV. We can be critical of their behaviour or game play, but too many people cross the line and get far too personal. Everyone just needs to chill the fuck out.
It has been difficult to watch her screw up her game.
To go on that show you need to really censor a lot of outward emotions, and to be able to recognise how incredibly damaging failing to do that is.
She, and others can’t seem to grasp that it is all about controlling yourself.
Tim has mastered it.

But look at Johnsons most recent instagram post, where he has to preempt the death threats by writing why he saved Tim over Reggie, and look at how gracious Reggie is when she commented its ok, she understands. Why cant we all be like that?! Why cant we enjoy this experience and know that it was a game, and that lots of people did things that actually arent that bad, because it was all in a game. Like honestly no one did ANYTHING hurtful or destructive.
I am sorry Johnson and Aleisha are receiving such horrible messages for their decision in the game. It is a decision I would not envy - Reggie is the most memorable winner of the Channel 10 era, and Tim of the Channel Nine era. Both would have held such respect and I think would have been a miserable decision to make. I respect the decisions they made even if I was surprised by it!

I think…

Hup!

That we should all just calm the fuck down! I’m already tired and I’ll need to take caffeine pills so I can stay awake for my stories tonight.

That or I just need to channel my inner PRISUS!!!

I feel so bad for all the housemates getting so much hate. Like I remember Sam had to quit insta for a while after she stolen Jesse's idol on Survivor and it's just ridiculous. It's a fricken game and I wish the public understood that and didn't take every strategic decision so personally. Sending my love to all the housemates who have to deal with this utter nonsense and glad that most of you have each others backs on this.

Tim has mastered it.
Not quite. While I love Tim’s gameplay from an entertainment point of view, his weakness is not being able to take what people dish out, particularly women. It almost cost him the win in 2013 when he imploded with Boog in his final week. His Sportsbet odds got larger in the days leading to the finale, and ended up only beating JADE by 2% (the closest winning margin from the three Channel 9 seasons). He should have been $1.01 favourite at that point.

We’ve seen glimpses of this side of him come out again earlier in the season with Sam, David, Tully, Estelle.

Def a top 5 player overall, buuut, it’s so tough to definitively rank who has mastered the game or who the “best” player is.

I think so too.

Knowing what has eventuated and how the season has played out, minus the “OG vs Newbie” storyline, it absolutely could have worked as an entirely All-Stars season.

Perhaps even the rivalry storyline I could imagine Seven would’ve invented for a season like that might be something along the lines of “2013 alliance vs 2006”, “winners vs non winners”, etc.
Old school (Channel 10) v New School would have worked too. Though that probably means that Travis and Skye return.....

Back