Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 23 Discussion (27 June, 7:30pm)

Who are you more likely to vote for to win Big Brother?

• An OG - Better connection to / more liked / more entertaining than the n00bs.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • An OG - Better gameplay.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • An OG - Better looking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A n00b - Better connection to / more liked / more entertaining than the OGs.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • A n00b - Better gameplay.

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • A n00b - Better looking.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
She came 4th on celeb BB in 2002

I vaguely remember watching this at the time… did she blow up her popularity somehow? I seem to remember her being surprised and embarrassed when she was evicted because she was a shoe in to win the show. I haven’t thought about that season since it aired.

Edit: Sorry, I saw further down that you haven’t watched it. I can also remember thinking it was shit!

I vaguely remember watching this at the time… did she blow up her popularity somehow? I seem to remember her being surprised and embarrassed when she was evicted because she was a shoe in to win the show. I haven’t thought about that season since it aired.

Edit: Sorry, I saw further down that you haven’t watched it. I can also remember thinking it was shit!
Yeah I know almost nothing about the season apart from a handful of things from the brief clips I watched:

-There was a segment during the launch featuring cystic fibrosis patients (not to ramble on too much but it has really shocked me how much this illness is referenced in BBAU. In 2003 Benjamin's chosen charity for his legacy item, whilst unbeknownst to him his best friend in the house Reggie would later have a son with the exact illness. Then of course Luke winning BBVIP and being a large voice for the disease).
-Bert Newton makes an appearance (and apparently the wiggles?)
-Warwick Capper was ejected for flashing his penis.
-Kyle refused to leave during his eviction episode.

Apparently from what I've read it didn't rate very well? All I have ever heard people say about it is "there was a celebrity Big Brother with Sara-Marie".

Yeah I know almost nothing about the season apart from a handful of things from the brief clips I watched:

-There was a segment during the launch featuring cystic fibrosis patients (not to ramble on too much but it has really shocked me how much this illness is referenced in BBAU. In 2003 Benjamin's chosen charity for his legacy item, whilst unbeknownst to him his best friend in the house Reggie would later have a son with the exact illness. Then of course Luke winning BBVIP and being a large voice for the disease).

Apparently from what I've read it didn't rate very well? All I have ever heard people say about it is "there was a celebrity Big Brother with Sara-Marie".

Damn that’s right! Capper got his dick out! That was a big scandal.

I think Sara Marie had a bad couple of episodes where she acted very different to the way she had when she endeared herself to the nation and was swiftly booted. It really was hers to lose.

When something has a spoiler warning, wouldn't you think, that maybe, it's a spoiler?
Generally yeah, however it’s after the show in todays show discussion and the original question asked was who goes tonight, not next so… take a seat bud.

Last edited:

Apparently from what I've read it didn't rate very well? All I have ever heard people say about it is "there was a celebrity Big Brother with Sara-Marie". I

It had an average of 1.1 million viewers compared to the 1.5 million of the civilian series which preceded it and the 1.7 million average of season 3 which followed it

Personally I can warm to Aleisha, I like that a strong female player has the potential to be so dominant at times but also finds herself nominated through lack of threat management, but then she's heavily skilled at securing sympathy through emotional and social bonding. I would possibly be high on her as much as I am on Taras and Gabbie if there were no OGs. Aleisha to me is one of the better casting choices of all three seasons on Seven. One of the best if not the best female player they've had.

Personally I can warm to Aleisha, I like that a strong female player has the potential to be so dominant at times but also finds herself nominated through lack of threat management, but then she's heavily skilled at securing sympathy through emotional and social bonding. I would possibly be high on her as much as I am on Taras and Gabbie if there were no OGs. Aleisha to me is one of the better casting choices of all three seasons on Seven. One of the best if not the best female player they've had.
This 🙌🏻 Aleisha is great. I hope she makes it to the end.

The question was "who is going tonight?" but the spoiler was who goes on Wednesday.

Generally yeah, however it’s after the show in todays show discussion and the original question asked was who goes tonight, not next so… take a seat bud.

Considering it was posted AFTER tonight's result was revealed, it should be obvious that it's a spoiler for something that HASN'T been shown yet.

1656338207355.png

If Up Late was showing for this season who do we think would have the most airtime?
From a lapsed member on the old site I have no idea, but it'd probably be dominated by Tim and Aleisha/Johnson.

I really wish this season was in the old format - this season has provided an interesting dynamic and I'm sure we'd have seen more about the new (and old) housemates with the uplate and live evictions. It feels like a missed opportunity, sadly.
I feel the nominations/evictions would have been completely different from what we've seen play out, too.

Considering it was posted AFTER tonight's result was revealed, it should be obvious that it's a spoiler for something that HASN'T been shown yet.

View attachment 58772
You’re reaching.
It’s not obvious, the question asked was not who is going on Wednesday and it shouldn’t have been posted as it wasn’t asked.
Or at the very least some more context around what they’re spoiling for everyone as they quoted and replied to the original question.

Spoilers are only spoilers if they ruin your enjoyment of an episode.

Nobody is enjoying these episodes. Even reading the thread has become a chore now which really indicates all of you who carried the show in the early weeks are not even enjoying taking the piss out of it anymore.

Back