Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 17 Discussion (13 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG have you most changed your opinion about since their original season?

• Reggie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tim

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Estelle

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Tully

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Drew

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Trevor

• Layla

• Total voters
The backlash should be on the production team. They’re the ones who keep interrupting evictions or fake evictions. I think it was unfair that I placed blame on brenton and Tim originally.

A random thought, Danny would fit in with the OG’s comfortably I think.

On another note, Dave is dad, Reggie is mum, Tim and Estelle are brother and sister who fight all the time, tully is the youngest who watches brother and sister fight all the time. Completely family dynamic happening there.

Wait….
Yes, I think most if not all would agree that the OGs provide the most interest in watching the show.
But what are the newbies supposed to do? Roll over and play dead.
Of course I don’t want all the OGs gone …

BUT and this is a huge but … if I were Brenton, I would want to play to win. And if I were playing to win I would know that there’s basically zero chance that I will win against an OG in the final 3. However a very slim chance against some newbies… so what he did makes sense. It possibly elevated him from no chance to a very slim chance.
Surely the biggest move you could make would include Tim in the mix. He and Reggie are the ones that have won before. If it had been Tim Estelle and Reggie up tonight I wonder what would have happened?

Wait….
Yes, I think most if not all would agree that the OGs provide the most interest in watching the show.

BUT and this is a huge but … if I were Brenton, I would want to play to win. And if I were playing to win I would know that there’s basically zero chance that I will win against an OG in the final 3. However a very slim chance against some newbies… so what he did makes sense. It possibly elevated him from no chance to a very slim chancs, going up against one or two OGs at final three would not give you the highest chance of winning. And, so, no, the newbies should not roll over and play dead.

Ah yes, that is 100% true. My post refers to the fact that, from our point of view, us, the viewers, the show would become boring. Brenton and the others should of course do whatever they need to do to win.

Catching up now...

The mainframe thing amounted to... nothing. How boring. Did Drew just stay there and sleep there for days doing nothing? What did watching footage accomplish?

The task with temptation was boring (meat pies, really?) and didn't make much sense

Why are we getting SO MUCH Tim? Everything is from Tim's perspective. Never Estelle's. Constantly getting Tim's diary room convos.

I'm getting tired of this whole hide the explanation/reasons for a shocking result. We're getting this multiple times an episode now with the HoH, nominations and evictions etc. At this point I get so little on the actual household dynamics or how the housemates think. It's all gimmick after gimmick, the show is just all dramatic music with very little substance. I feel like I don't know any of these housemates at all outside of the stereotype they play. BB is all about peeling back the layers of who they originally present to be, at least it used to be. Now we just get random one liners from them and just stupid task after task. The "game" talk is boring too because there is just one divide so it's always obvious what the result will be.

It is ironic though that before the show we all thought the producers would try their best to save the OGs, but at this stage they've saved two newbies, and one defacto newbie.

There is also some really weird edits for Estelle. Like at the start they clearly mashed up different lines of Estelle to fit the narrative of the scene (it was voiceover too, they never showed the actual diary room shot) and in the challenge when Drew falls, they cut to Estelle smiling which clearly wasn't her reaction but they've edited to seem like such. And when Drew/Aleisha returns, they show Estelle just sitting which obviously wasn't the case.

If you have to splice together multiple clips for drama, then your show has failed. You're dropping ~20 housemates in a house for weeks/months, drama should breed automatically (and organically).

Also, what is Brenton's strategy? It was funny for a montage when he first came in and the producers milked it for a promo campaign, but it went nowhere.

Also how does Tim escape every fucking nomination? He'd be my FIRST choice. He is the ultimate gameplayer.

Catching up now...

The mainframe thing amounted to... nothing. How boring. Did Drew just stay there and sleep there for days doing nothing? What did watching footage accomplish?

The task with temptation was boring (meat pies, really?) and didn't make much sense

Why are we getting SO MUCH Tim? Everything is from Tim's perspective. Never Estelle's. Constantly getting Tim's diary room convos.

I'm getting tired of this whole hide the explanation/reasons for a shocking result. We're getting this multiple times an episode now with the HoH, nominations and evictions etc. At this point I get so little on the actual household dynamics or how the housemates think. It's all gimmick after gimmick, the show is just all dramatic music with very little substance. I feel like I don't know any of these housemates at all outside of the stereotype they play. BB is all about peeling back the layers of who they originally present to be, at least it used to be. Now we just get random one liners from them and just stupid task after task. The "game" talk is boring too because there is just one divide so it's always obvious what the result will be.

It is ironic though that before the show we all thought the producers would try their best to save the OGs, but at this stage they've saved two newbies, and one defacto newbie.

There is also some really weird edits for Estelle. Like at the start they clearly mashed up different lines of Estelle to fit the narrative of the scene (it was voiceover too, they never showed the actual diary room shot) and in the challenge when Drew falls, they cut to Estelle smiling which clearly wasn't her reaction but they've edited to seem like such. And when Drew/Aleisha returns, they show Estelle just sitting which obviously wasn't the case.

If you have to splice together multiple clips for drama, then your show has failed. You're dropping ~20 housemates in a house for weeks/months, drama should breed automatically (and organically).

Also, what is Brenton's strategy? It was funny for a montage when he first came in and the producers milked it for a promo campaign, but it went nowhere.

Also how does Tim escape every fucking nomination? He'd be my FIRST choice. He is the ultimate gameplayer.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

That episode wasn't as enjoyable as others. I am finding the Monday episodes to be so awkward, rushed and seperate from the rest of the week. I like the continuity that occurs from Tuesday's nominations to the events on Wednesday. I wish the Monday evictions weren't existent and rather nominations occurred, second chance on Tuesday and eviction on Wednesday.

As crap as this format is I find myself somehow engrossed when I see general conversations with the OGs simply talking. In the somewhat unlikely event this show is renewed it needs to have the cycle spread out across the week, and a fourth episode with nothing but house content would be hugely beneficial.

I didn't want to lose any of the OGs. In a perfect world all eight of them would have lasted a fair while and would be evicted at the point where they no longer served a purpose. But if there was one to go of the six remaining I would say Dave was the right one to go. I liked him a lot on this and got to meet him not long ago and he was wonderful. But in terms of gameplay he doesn't add much and the other five have incredibly interesting dynamics.

I'm getting tired of this whole hide the explanation/reasons for a shocking result. We're getting this multiple times an episode now with the HoH, nominations and evictions etc. At this point I get so little on the actual household dynamics or how the housemates think. It's all gimmick after gimmick, the show is just all dramatic music with very little substance. I feel like I don't know any of these housemates at all outside of the stereotype they play. BB is all about peeling back the layers of who they originally present to be, at least it used to be. Now we just get random one liners from them and just stupid task after task. The "game" talk is boring too because there is just one divide so it's always obvious what the result will be.I

If they feel they must do this with the HoH and nominations at least have the information on seven plus so we can see who nominated who and why as bonus information. Seven could then advertise they have that info there and drive people to that platform to see it if they want to. I go there to see the eviction info so I would go there for the Hoh and nomination info too. I am pretty sure during channel nine days the nomination days and eviction days were the two most popular episodes of the week. People actually want to watch the nominations.

It’s crazy to think that this years finale will be the first proper finale on channel 7 not affected by covid. I didn’t watch Big Brother VIP so not sure what happened there.. but it’ll be interesting to see how channel 7 celebrates BB’s 21st year with the finale.

I still cringe from the 2020 finale…I actually felt uncomfortable at times because of how awkward everyone seemed to be.

It’s crazy to think that this years finale will be the first proper finale on channel 7 not affected by covid. I didn’t watch Big Brother VIP so not sure what happened there.. but it’ll be interesting to see how channel 7 celebrates BB’s 21st year with the finale.
An evictee dance routine for old times sake?

BBVIP had a fake finale in the garden with an imaginary crowd and pre-recorded winner reactions.

The beauty of Australian Big Brother was that it wasn’t US Big Brother where everything is strategy. I’m not happy that Dave and Trevor left. I’m not happy we aren’t seeing more regular drama or discussions.

Question: can we have a poll that describes which way we are voting? I feel people voted for Tully as a positive change in her reputation but voted for Drew and Tim because people are now actively disliking them. I don’t want peopl to think the Tully voted are negative.

The beauty of Australian Big Brother was that it wasn’t US Big Brother where everything is strategy. I’m not happy that Dave and Trevor left. I’m not happy we aren’t seeing more regular drama or discussions.

Question: can we have a poll that describes which way we are voting? I feel people voted for Tully as a positive change in her reputation but voted for Drew and Tim because people are now actively disliking them. I don’t want peopl to think the Tully voted are negative.
The point of a poll being attached to a thread is that it allows people to comment on why they’ve voted the way they did.

What on earth has inspired Johnson’s primal scream/ugly cry?!
I'll guess he can't deal with a HoH responsibility....hopefully it's fuck all and we can all have a laugh at his dramatic...what ever it is!
Well that was heavy.
All three OGs put up convincing statements on what being in the house meant to them, but Dave was the most ready to go.

Drew and Aleisha both returning was inevitable but annoying.
It should have been one or the other, with the housemates forced to choose, either out of friendship or strategy.
In the fictional Big Brotherverse, if the hacker had "gone" then Big Brother should have just corrected the "mistake" and evicted them. You don't leave a virus on your computer just because it snuck through, you delete it when you can.
That was heavy, and I think that's why I enjoyed it so much more than any of last weeks eps....splitting them up would have been a much better idea but adding the 2 I think put an even number back in the house and assuming these things a preplanned (although a little too convenient that Tim was the 3rd and got them as the temptation, fucking please....) maybe they thought even numbers would make it more interesting
Wait….

BUT and this is a huge but … if I were Brenton, I would want to play to win. And if I were playing to win I would know that there’s basically zero chance that I will win against an OG in the final 3. However a very slim chance against some newbies… so what he did makes sense. It possibly elevated him from no chance to a very slim chance.
I think the OGs provide the most interest because we already know them a bit and can therefore relate or hate with evidence instead of relying on the chopped up edit....I know it's been said to death but I have recently watched the first 3 eps of the first series and I enjoyed them as much as the first time around, why? because it was people being themselves, committed to being themselves for personal development or there for the experience or to have fun, they were picked based on personality type of which there is only hmm 9ish I think I read so nearly everybody could relate to somebody, challenges seemed mostly fun with a good percentage based on getting to know other housemates or at least giving everyone a chance!....
If BB gave me one wish to influence the house for a week I would say no strat chat or nom talk! I'm sure the players have all had non strat convos with each other this would just force the producers to show it to us!
The backlash should be on the production team. They’re the ones who keep interrupting evictions or fake evictions. I think it was unfair that I placed blame on brenton and Tim originally.

A random thought, Danny would fit in with the OG’s comfortably I think.

On another note, Dave is dad, Reggie is mum, Tim and Estelle are brother and sister who fight all the time, tully is the youngest who watches brother and sister fight all the time. Completely family dynamic happening there.
Danny was a legend IMO.....would have been a great edition

... a little too convenient that Tim was the 3rd and got them as the temptation, fucking please....

Yeah, clearly edited to make it look that tim was third. For all we know, he could have even been the fourth or fifth, and they just edited it that way.

If BB gave me one wish to influence the house for a week I would say no strat chat or nom talk! I'm sure the players have all had non strat convos with each other this would just force the producers to show it to us!

Oooh, now that would make a good poll:

"If you were given a chance to influence the house for just one week, with a gurantee your week would be shown on TV, how would you do it?"
  • No strat chat or nom talk.
  • Have house noms as normal, but flip the results so that everyone with zero or the least votes is up for eviction (and don't tell the housemates you're doing this).
  • Give a retaliation shot to the evicted housemate ... after votes are counted and the housemate is told it's time to leave, tell them they can choose one other housemate, anyone, to be evicted with them. No backsies.
  • <insert other ideas here>

It was nothing more than a last minute option to save. One where they didn't even have anything set up for them to do. Seriously, have them in the hackers hide out and they can do no meddling with the game? BB even announced it was him not the hackers. So it definitely was a saving Drew situation.

Back