Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 17 Discussion (13 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG have you most changed your opinion about since their original season?

• Reggie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tim

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Estelle

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Tully

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Drew

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Trevor

• Layla

• Total voters
Tim though.. far out. If this was the og format of Big Brother he'd be getting accused as two faced/backstabber/playing the game, etc. All things people raged at those in the house for and people in there nominated for, and to top it off his disgraceful behaviour on twitter. I just can't with him. Why? He used to have a fun image. I am so disappointed the other OGs can't trust him in the house. Especially upset for Tully and Estelle, right now. I feel almost anxious and fearful watching to see how he is going to let them down next and not be honest with them.

These are exactly my thoughts too. 100%.

This is off topic, but I was just considering all the ways the game has changed (pretty much all for the worse) and thought about the dynamic created by the combination of HM nominations and the public vote. With overt strategic talk being forbidden back in the day (ironically that’s all we get now) the HMs had to draw conclusions of how successfully they were playing by public response during live evictions and the cheers or boos from the audience. Many’s the time people popular in the house were bemused by public opinion not in their favour, and HMs who were at the bottom of the house pecking order who were constantly nominated yet saved by the public vote were then further ostracised by jealous and resentful HMs for being so popular with the public. It’s a hugely significant aspect of the game in the past that added all kinds of layers to gameplay that we don’t get now.

Nailed it!

I voted Estelle. I didn’t like her in her original season but have grown to like her now. It makes me want to rewatch her original season again. I don’t like the her and Tim drama though, I’m not taking any side there, I’m aware there’s lots we haven’t seen on the show and post show so I’ll remain on the fence for that one lol

…welcome to the craziness of the forums destinynz_… after a week on these forums you’ll be as insane as most of us… cheers.

This is off topic, but I was just considering all the ways the game has changed (pretty much all for the worse) and thought about the dynamic created by the combination of HM nominations and the public vote. With overt strategic talk being forbidden back in the day (ironically that’s all we get now) the HMs had to draw conclusions of how successfully they were playing by public response during live evictions and the cheers or boos from the audience. Many’s the time people popular in the house were bemused by public opinion not in their favour, and HMs who were at the bottom of the house pecking order who were constantly nominated yet saved by the public vote were then further ostracised by jealous and resentful HMs for being so popular with the public. It’s a hugely significant aspect of the game in the past that added all kinds of layers to gameplay that we don’t get now.

As for the poll, Tim and Drew haven’t matured at all where as you can clearly see how Tully, Estelle and Reggie have evolved.
I would like to see them eliminate talk of nominations altogether. It made the hms a little more savvy I think. And yes I rather enjoyed those layers where hms determined who they thought was popular but then the realisation that it wasn’t the same in public was something else that made it more exciting. I also think eliminating strategic talk might also bring back some charisma to some of the hms because the focus is only on that they can’t seem to enjoy themselves to the full extent or we’re getting characters who play up to the cameras with strategy in mind, so basically public manipulation, over actual authenticity of people.

…evenin’ all… hey I just thought that I’d let you all know… the Sonia Photoshop where she’s doing the ‘Time warp’ is my 100th Photoshop… that’s right… I have absolutely no life obviously lol!… although… apart from getting heaps of images from my good mate up_all_night and managing to take a few screenshots from the ‘deleted scenes’ on 7plus myself (but I can’t take screenshots of the shows episodes themselves… weird)… I’ve basically run out of images to do any more… so you’ll all be happy to know that you’ll be getting a rest from my warped sense of humour for a while… lol!… until a few trickle through now and then… I’ll be keeping my eye on the ‘deleted scenes’ on 7 plus to lift images from when they put extra ones up… anyway… I chose Estelle in the Poll… I just wish that I could’ve put Tully up too… both of those ladies have turned my head around from what I used to think of them in their original series…colour me impressed indeed!…cheers.

100!? Yep, no life. 🤣

A rest for a while is a good idea. :thumbsup:

Perched and on time ready for a change lately.

giphy.gif

…evenin’ all… hey I just thought that I’d let you all know… the Sonia Photoshop where she’s doing the ‘Time warp’ is my 100th Photoshop… that’s right… I have absolutely no life obviously lol!… although… apart from getting heaps of images from my good mate up_all_night and managing to take a few screenshots from the ‘deleted scenes’ on 7plus myself (but I can’t take screenshots of the shows episodes themselves… weird)… I’ve basically run out of images to do any more… so you’ll all be happy to know that you’ll be getting a rest from my warped sense of humour for a while… lol!… until a few trickle through now and then… I’ll be keeping my eye on the ‘deleted scenes’ on 7 plus to lift images from when they put extra ones up… anyway… I chose Estelle in the Poll… I just wish that I could’ve put Tully up too… both of those ladies have turned my head around from what I used to think of them in their original series…colour me impressed indeed!…cheers.
Keep looking for the right extension. How are you taking screenshots?

Mine's so handy. There's just a little camera icon in the top right that saves a screen graph when watching in 7plus.

I'll send you some screenshots tomorrow.

…I had an idea… if we strung together the last 5 minutes of ‘Home and Away’ that we’re forced to watch while waiting for Big Brother… just run the last 5 minutes back to back then we could release it as a movie… after all… all of the plots are the same as each other so continuity won’t be a problem… we’ve just gotta think of a movie title… what about… ‘Gone Out Now Fuck Off!’… cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: mad
I know, it was like a full time job, what with rhe daily shows, uplates, uncuts and friday night games. I was glued to it!
Even at school, I remember so many of us were trying to find ways to get around the restrictions on the computers to watch bb. It was crazy. I thinkmk cancelled most shows or they became non existent when bb was on.

Back