Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 14 Discussion (6 Jun, 7:30pm)

Was Big Brother's Speed Cleaning Task?

• Funny!

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Boring!

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Mixed!

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
In the old days, getting evicted might have cost you the prize money, but you got the excitement of a live eviction, reuninion with friends and family, an after party, and a few days of back to back interviews. Now what do you get? An NDA until the show airs six months later and a lonely flight home. Bye Sam!
I think especially for the OG's that stark difference must feel so strange. There was such hype and excitement that came with leaving the house and the person was on such a high - now it just a nothing burger.

Yeah I may have actually liked Sam if Drew hadn't entered, but since he did the most I can speak of Sam is her wanting to suck face and roll all over Drew, and I just wanted that to end.
Sam might well be a really nice person, but all I have to form a judgment is what was revealed on the show, such as…
- seemingly brutal treatment of Josh
- subtly flirting with Drew by practically getting her vag out
- assuming Gabbie must be jealous of her when she nommed her
- hissy fits when nommed
- spending her time attached to Drew rather than building relationships with the other HMs

Regardless of the edit, those things do say something about Sam’s character that I don’t like. She didn’t bring any humour, charm, or entertainment (beyond showmance drama) either.

Correction: Jamie's penis won.
That thing was hatefully large. He’ll forever be known for his massive piece.

The last time I saw Jamie he was the guy on the door (bouncer?) at a Lonsdale St (in Melbourne) bar where my workplace at the time had a Christmas party. It was maybe 2010? He gave me a big smile and all I could think about was that anaconda 🤣

Tonight's votes:

Sam

Tim (useless for his game, Drew staying works better for his game)
Gabbie (can't get rid of Aleisha, prefers to have Drew around)
Tully (sick of her journey being dictated by the Sam + Drew showmance)
Reggie (has no connection with her)
Johnson (playing with his head)
Aleisha ( better for her game)

Drew

Estelle (for switching to newbies side and for willing to do anything to win)
Taras (has never spoken strategy with Drew, also to make up for voting Lulu out)
Jaycee (doesn't get along with Drew)
Dave (sick of the Drew + Tully show)
Brenton (sticking with his alliances)

Aleisha

Sam (can't put her vote on Drew)
Drew

That thing was hatefully large. He’ll forever be known for his massive piece.

The last time I saw Jamie he was the guy on the door (bouncer?) at a Lonsdale St (in Melbourne) bar where my workplace at the time had a Christmas party. It was maybe 2010? He gave me a big smile and all I could think about was that anaconda 🤣

Seen somewhere on the Internet:

"Size doesn't matter. Except when it comes to: Clothes, food servings, fonts, Tweets, shoes, cancer, blog entries, bras, hats, books, trampolines, holes, asteroids, bombs, and penis size."

🤣

Tonight's votes:

Sam

Tim (useless for his game, Drew staying works better for his game)
Gabbie (can't get rid of Aleisha, prefers to have Drew around)
Tully (sick of her journey being dictated by the Sam + Drew showmance)
Reggie (has no connection with her)
Johnson (playing with his head)
Aleisha ( better for her game)

Drew

Estelle (for switching to newbies side and for willing to do anything to win)
Taras (has never spoken strategy with Drew, also to make up for voting Lulu out)
Jaycee (doesn't get along with Drew)
Dave (sick of the Drew + Tully show)
Brenton (sticking with his alliances)

Aleisha

Sam (can't put her vote on Drew)
Drew
Thanks

I cannot help but wonder if Dave really meant Tully or if after all these years everyone is so used to saying those two names together he just said it without thinking?

Sam might well be a really nice person, but all I have to form a judgment is what was revealed on the show, such as…
- seemingly brutal treatment of Josh
- subtly flirting with Drew by practically getting her vag out
- assuming Gabbie must be jealous of her when she nommed her
- hissy fits when nommed
- spending her time attached to Drew rather than building relationships with the other HMs

Regardless of the edit, those things do say something about Sam’s character that I don’t like. She didn’t bring any humour, charm, or entertainment (beyond showmance drama) either.

Great summary. Excellent dot points. I could not agree more.

Thanks

I cannot help but wonder if Dave really meant Tully or if after all these years everyone is so used to saying those two names together he just said it without thinking?

I am pretty sure he meant Tully, given how heavily edited the show is on 7 I think there is a lot we are missing out on.

He did mean Tully. As in, Tully says "He's my ex" ... but, in reality, she behaves strangely / jealously when she first enters the house and finds out that Drew has a new girlfriend, she keeps talking about Drew, she doesn vote for Sam when it is Drew's birthday, etc etc. Dave's sick of all of that kind of thing.

I get the impression from what Tully has said previously they give a few reasons for their vote then Seven select the ones which fit the narrative, which is clearly around Sam/Drew/Tully in this case.

I get the impression from what Tully has said previously they give a few reasons for their vote then Seven select the ones which fit the narrative, which is clearly around Sam/Drew/Tully in this case.

Well, if that is true, then BBAU has indeed truly died.

Perhaps @Estelle.Landy can confirm this?

Well that was a drop in standard... the Drew set up was rubbish to watch and just as uncomfortable for HM going by Daves mumblings!...the whole EP saved by Estelle HoH! Great speech!....
Shame Drew didnt go ...he's playing 2 games and will lose them both eventually...

Question ... cos I cannot seem to recall ...

... have any two HMs involved in a showmance ever lasted to the end, or near the end? In other words, have both people lasted, to the end or near the end?

(Thinks for a bit.) Hmmm, how far did Marty and Jess go?
Marty & Jess - top 4

Chad & Sophie - top 3

Skye & Leo - top 3 and... wherever he placed

Regarding this threads poll, the speed cleaning task, I am not only frustrated that we don't have the good 'ol days of conversations and getting to know the HMs more, but I am also frustrated that many of these tasks appear to be "not winnable". It can be BB playing the "get-to-the-dance-floor-right-now" siren, twice, whilst Drew is in the shower ... or telling them to keep their heart rate down, whilst playing directly on their phobias ... or giving them 15 minutes to clean up messes that would clearly take an hour or more to clean up properly. Etc etc. I don't expect the HMs to win every task, every time, and max out the budget; no, not at all. That would be boring. I just think it would be more enjoyable to watch, and more fun and challenging for the HMs, if things went more "down to the wire" where the HMs just make it in time, or they just fail it with seconds to spare.

The panic room tasks are particularly annoying. Count the lollies. Good God. Not winnable. Period. If I were Johnson and Drew then I would have just sat there and chatted, no matter how many times BB told us to get cracking. When I saw Tim lie down in the panic room camping challenge I was actually encouraged that he had it all worked out ... can't win this, so take a nap. And then to see them actually build the tent, only to have it blown over by a wind machine in the last minute ... when there is no way to peg it to the floor. Grrr. The only panic room challenge that was fun to watch, was Dave and Taras searching for allen-keys. At least that one pitted HM against HM with an eventual winner.

Either create excitement for us viewers to watch, with challenges that create tension and could go either way ... or don't bother doing them in the first place and instead use that time to show us HM chats.
i mean i dont care about them being " too hard ". The last couple of years have been too easy. I remember repeatedly getting so frustrated at how miserably they would do during the 2020 tasks and he would still pass them for just breathing.

Back