Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 14 Discussion (6 Jun, 7:30pm)

Was Big Brother's Speed Cleaning Task?

• Funny!

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Boring!

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Mixed!

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

Gayspie

Adelaide TV EPG: The house is hacked, all the food is missing, water's off, lights turning on and off, and the hackers aren't negotiating. And more importantly, Big Brother is gone.

Thread starting disclaimer: In all Australian states and territories it is now the day of the episode in question, as per last years rule, hence why i am posting it so early.

I miss the days where they'd just show housemates talking about their life. Even otherwise not super memorable housemates such as Todd who talked about he didn't have a relationship with his mum and Wesley who talked about his parents divorce had their moments in that regard. I wouldn't know the first thing about most of the newbies because we don't actually get to know them any more which is kind of sad.

I miss the days where they'd just show housemates talking about their life. Even otherwise not super memorable housemates such as Todd who talked about he didn't have a relationship with his mum and Wesley who talked about his parents divorce had their moments in that regard. I wouldn't know the first thing about most of the newbies because we don't actually get to know them any more which is kind of sad.
Yeah, I've just been on Youtube looking at random clips from 9 and 10 series and just wishing we got to see people talk so long about random things. Instead the most chat we're seeing is of nominations stuff, and that is something we'd never see as it was banned previously!

We got so much gold back in the day. Like Carlo talking about once finding a nugget of shit in his bed, that he then squeezed between his fingers.

The gold old days :)

Yeah, I've just been on Youtube looking at random clips from 9 and 10 series and just wishing we got to see people talk so long about random things. Instead the most chat we're seeing is of nominations stuff, and that is something we'd never see as it was banned previously!
They showed some of them laying about by the pool in an ep last week and before I could think "omg are they going to show them having a conversation?" BB told them to go to the living room. :rolleyes:

Regarding this threads poll, the speed cleaning task, I am not only frustrated that we don't have the good 'ol days of conversations and getting to know the HMs more, but I am also frustrated that many of these tasks appear to be "not winnable". It can be BB playing the "get-to-the-dance-floor-right-now" siren, twice, whilst Drew is in the shower ... or telling them to keep their heart rate down, whilst playing directly on their phobias ... or giving them 15 minutes to clean up messes that would clearly take an hour or more to clean up properly. Etc etc. I don't expect the HMs to win every task, every time, and max out the budget; no, not at all. That would be boring. I just think it would be more enjoyable to watch, and more fun and challenging for the HMs, if things went more "down to the wire" where the HMs just make it in time, or they just fail it with seconds to spare.

The panic room tasks are particularly annoying. Count the lollies. Good God. Not winnable. Period. If I were Johnson and Drew then I would have just sat there and chatted, no matter how many times BB told us to get cracking. When I saw Tim lie down in the panic room camping challenge I was actually encouraged that he had it all worked out ... can't win this, so take a nap. And then to see them actually build the tent, only to have it blown over by a wind machine in the last minute ... when there is no way to peg it to the floor. Grrr. The only panic room challenge that was fun to watch, was Dave and Taras searching for allen-keys. At least that one pitted HM against HM with an eventual winner.

Either create excitement for us viewers to watch, with challenges that create tension and could go either way ... or don't bother doing them in the first place and instead use that time to show us HM chats.

Last edited:
if i remember correctly drew was on a podcast a few weeks ago where he read out texts from sam about the agreement and they very much seemed liked it was her first time seeing it… soooo i bet bb isn’t going to show it to all housemates and maybe sam and aleshia are going to get “evicted” in a snap eviction but really going to hide in a seperate room watching the housemates and “being” big brother. i’ve thought about this too much hahahahah

Yeah I think the bit a couple eps back where Dave was telling Tim about his stint on Dancing With The Stars was one of the closest moments for me that felt like casual classic BB chat.

…evenin’ all… on the Photoshop thread I’ve made a prediction of what happens to Drew when his shit act is revealed tonight… it may not be an accurate prediction but it’s what I hope happens!… lol!… speaking of the Photoshop thread… I realised that I had up until then had done 61 (now 64) Photoshops!… my whole life is being consumed by Big Brother!… somebody give me a new life please!… I’m going mad I tell you!… mad!… mad!… completely mad!… muawahahahahahahahaha!… 🎶they’re coming to take me away ha ha ho ho hee hee har har!… to the funny farm where they all stay and play and play… they’re coming to take me away ha haaaaaaaaaa!🎶… um… yeah… does the show start soon?... cheers.

Last edited:
…btrvByybynuunumumimuntfedsxcevrbynymumkikcddcdvdvfbgnjghjko5saaqwwgnngnfbfvdfsddsdweebgngmmnbbvvffhf… thank god that I got THAT off my chest!… carry on… cheers.

…evenin’ all… on the Photoshop thread I’ve made a prediction of what happens to Drew when his shit act is revealed tonight… it may not be an accurate prediction but it’s what I hope happens!… lol!… speaking of the Photoshop thread… I realised that I had up until then had done 61 (now 64) Photoshops!… my whole life is being consumed by Big Brother!… somebody give me a new life please!… I’m going mad I tell you!… mad!… mad!… completely mad!… muawahahahahahahahaha!… 🎶they’re coming to take me away ha ha ho ho hee hee har har!… to the funny farm where they all stay and play and play… they’re coming to take me away ha haaaaaaaaaa!🎶… um… yeah… does the show start soon?... cheers.
I remember you said during Survivor that you couldn't be bothered this year with photoshopping cause it was a bit time consuming....
& I thought wait till Big Brother, I'll fire up a photoshop thread, there will be 1 or 2 posts & Sticky wont be able to help himself.....
He'll be cutting 'n pasting all day long :bawling: :biggrin::p:kiss::laugh:

It's sort of Play School when Big Brother comes up with these silly ideas such as 'being Hacked' & the housemates play along like sheep, (maybe they're threatened with eviction if they don't 'pretend' its real)

& us the viewers somewhat play along with their hacking idea. I mean, we all know its bullshit, but we don't get on social media complaining how lame it is & how dare they treat us like fools

Once again, the production team scraping the bottom of the ideas barrel for riveting reality TV :bawling::biggrin::cool:

I remember you said during Survivor that you couldn't be bothered this year with photoshopping cause it was a bit time consuming....
& I thought wait till Big Brother, I'll fire up a photoshop thread, there will be 1 or 2 posts & Sticky wont be able to help himself.....
He'll be cutting 'n pasting all day long :bawling: :biggrin::p:kiss::laugh:
…boy !… you’ve got me worked out my friend lol!… and… I did say that way back then too lol!… I’m just a sucker for Photoshops… and you know it lol!… I’m going to get my computer fixed before the start of any thread that has Photoshopping… I can’t wait to do full on Photoshops!… all I can do at the moment is add captions to photos on my ipad unfortunately… Ipads are useless to do complex work on… cheers.

This boy talking to Ada Nicodemu now was on the Voice last year. Seemed like a nice guy. Was the one put into a duo.

Back