Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 1 Discussion (9 May, 7:30pm)

What are your overall expectations for this season of Big Brother?

• It will be Amazing

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • It will be Awful

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • It will be Mixed

Votes: 36 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of which presumably as some Home and Away stars had to quit due to a vaccine mandate it's almost certain being vaccinated would have been a requirement for entering the house.
Hmmm. A good point. Prolly true.

Hello hello,

Oh crap, does this mean I have to change my username back to drewftw?

Only watching for the OG's, all the newbies can jump.

So if the public votes, just hand Reggie the cheque now, yeah?

OG = Original gmeplayer?

Old Girl?

What is it, please? :)

So are we saying the evictee actually has to leave the house for it to be a fake eviction then? Arguably going through the process then not having the eviction could also be deemed a "fake eviction". And the twist sounds like both Reggie and Tim were saved from eviction by not being eligible for the first vote through production decisions.

Last edited:
So are we saying the evictee actually has to leave the house for it to be a fake eviction then? Arguably going thruogh the process then not having the eviction could also be deemed a "fake eviction". And the twist sounds like both Reggie and Tim were saved from eviction by not being eligible for the first vote through production decisions.
OMG here we go :roflmao:

I did consider whether Tim and Reggie got "saved" but, not really. And nobody got evicted, so there was no fake eviction. You're just trying to wind me up, right? 🤔O_O

I reckon you could count Reggie and Tim being saved by producers by getting a piss-easy task to gain immunity, but it *just* won't get me over the line either way.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 10.48.00 pm.png

Thinking about Johnson and his superfan status and I already know some will vehemently disagree with me, and that’s ok…. Even I groaned a little bit when he called Estelle THE OG with Reggie sitting right there…

BUT to be a big fan of something doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to have been so since the beginning, especially when it has a few different iterations. We established tonight he was only a few years old when 10 aired their series. Not everyone has the time (like @Zcsund1234) to go back and watch the hundreds and hundreds of old episodes. Some people wouldn’t even know how to access them.

I would call myself a big fan of Doctor Who, however I only have watched 2005 onwards. I have never watched any of the 1960’s - 1980’s series. I could name a couple of the OG doctors but not everyone. Now some OG Doctor Who fans would probably scoff at me calling myself a big fan of Doctor Who, but their opinion doesn’t really matter to me. To myself, I’m a big fan.

So I am willing to give Johnson props for knowing Estelle. I reckon he is a big fan of 2012 onwards and that’s ok. Not everyone on the street could have told you who Estelle is and that she was from the first season on 9.

to be a big fan of something doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to have been so since the beginning, especially when it has a few different iterations. We established tonight he was only a few years old when 10 aired their series. Not everyone has the time (like @Zcsund1234) to go back and watch the hundreds and hundreds of old episodes. Some people wouldn’t even know how to access them.
He literally said he's seen every single episode. There's no wriggle room there.

Thinking about Johnson and his superfan status and I already know some will vehemently disagree with me, and that’s ok…. Even I groaned a little bit when he called Estelle THE OG with Reggie sitting right there…

BUT to be a big fan of something doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to have been so since the beginning, especially when it has a few different iterations. We established tonight he was only a few years old when 10 aired their series. Not everyone has the time (like @Zcsund1234) to go back and watch the hundreds and hundreds of old episodes. Some people wouldn’t even know how to access them.

I would call myself a big fan of Doctor Who, however I only have watched 2005 onwards. I have never watched any of the 1960’s - 1980’s series. I could name a couple of the OG doctors but not everyone. Now some OG Doctor Who fans would probably scoff at me calling myself a big fan of Doctor Who, but their opinion doesn’t really matter to me. To myself, I’m a big fan.

So I am willing to give Johnson props for knowing Estelle. I reckon he is a big fan of 2012 onwards and that’s ok. Not everyone on the street could have told you who Estelle is and that she was from the first season on 9.
So… you’re just completely ignoring the fact he literally stated, verbatim: “I’ve seen every minute of every episode.”

Redundant argument, dude.

Interesting question. I think Doctor Who is a bit different because of the long gap, but if you're calling yourself a "superfan" you go that one extra mile. If he's only watched since 2012 and not seeked out earlier seasons or foreign versions then fair enough to call him a "fan", but not so sure he's a "superfan".

Then again I'm kind of the opposite. I'm such a "superfan" of BBUK that I refused to watch the inferior product served up under it's name by Channel 5, and similarly there are many fans of BBAU who watched the entire Ten era and probably all of Nine's too, but as such a fan of the show they've been turned off by what Seven call Big Brother. Surely we all have more respect for those that didn't watch BBVIP than those who did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back