Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 8 Discussion (9 May, 7pm)

Did you spoil your mum today?

• Yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
Just a reminder that Big Brother starts at 7pm tonight, not 7:30.

Also, an article I found today - apparently the poor ratings of this season of Big Brother are being blamed on a lack of "young, hot singles", again proving that they just don't get it...

It course has nothing to do with 7+ airing the show immediealty after. I hit 7+ once Masterchef finishes. In a vain effort to keep up.

Haha I binged season one and two of the circle the last two weeks !!
I quite like this show, I watched Season one. I know season 2 is there, I haven't watched it yet. It's an awesome show though, it goes to show just cos a show is prerecorded doesn't mean anything, it can still be good. It just comes down to editing.
three weeks before the start of winter.
Ugh, Don't remind me. I dislike winter.

So the ladies returned from the attic off screen? Well, 1 second flash of them coming out of a birthday cake or something? Not really sure. It felt like I missed an episode.

That whole attic thing has pretty much soured me on the season. When the show isn't live, it honestly comes across as pure manipulation. If you have a live show going, "there's a double eviction, but they're not going home." Then you know it is genuine. When it's pre-taped, it just seems forced in the moment to save housemates. I know they did something similar with Queen Angela last year, that was also probably forced but at least she was a good housemate.

So here they saved a boring "mum" who ads nothing to the show. Then SJ, who is some batty old hippie, with an overly emotional outward personality to cover her self-centred narcissism.

What will this show even be when they evict Dan and Nick soon?

I'm also confused as to why it's a big deal that housemates aren't trying to take half the house to the top 3. Ummm, I'm pretty sure Katie and Jess will prioritise each other to the top 3. It's just the usual self-entitled, "but I deserve to be here" attitudes.

Whether planned or not. It really does feel like they just pulled the rug out from Dan and Nick in a way they probably won't recover. Those sort of twists don't work if it's pretaped. When the game feels manipulated and unfair, then what's the point? There is nothing they could do, the other side was handed a massive advantage. Keeping housemates, selectively giving those housemates access to conversations and allowing them to completely shift the dynamic of the house groups by manipulating voting.

I honestly was surprised SJ and mum lady (don't remember her name) both came back into the house. I was sure they'd only bring back one. They literally were just back as if the eviction didn't happen. Such poor form. Really shows how much content this format leaves out.

What I also found odd was the attic had one mattress. Why would you set up a double eviction to a secret room, but only have bedding for one? Do we really think we'd have had Sid and JS in the attic?

What do the floaters and non-core Katie group think will happen as soon as King Danny leaves? They are literally voting to support people who will instantly drop them the first chance they get. I know floaters keep getting nominated, but by getting rid of the sides. They're literally voting for targets on their backs. As opposed to hoping the core roup leaders take each other out.

Last edited:
Tilly talks like a 6 year old, yet she is 20+. It’s a bit weird to me.

she also claims to be super smart but her nominations were terribly stupid (if she is really on Danny’s side which is what we’re led to believe).

So the ladies returned from the attic off screen? Well, 1 second flash of them coming out of a birthday cake or something? Not really sure. It felt like I missed an episode.

That whole attic thing has pretty much soured me on the season. When the show isn't live, it honestly comes across as pure manipulation. If you have a live show going, "there's a double eviction, but they're not going home." Then you know it is genuine. When it's pre-taped, it just seems forced in the moment to save housemates. I know they did something similar with Queen Angela last year, that was also probably forced but at least she was a good housemate.

So here they saved a boring "mum" who ads nothing to the show. Then SJ, who is some batty old hippie, with an overly emotional outward personality to cover her self-centred narcissism.

What will this show even be when they evict Dan and Nick soon?

I'm also confused as to why it's a big deal that housemates aren't trying to take half the house to the top 3. Ummm, I'm pretty sure Katie and Jess will prioritise each other to the top 3. It's just the usual self-entitled, "but I deserve to be here" attitudes.

Whether planned or not. It really does feel like they just pulled the rug out from Dan and Nick in a way they probably won't recover. Those sort of twists don't work if it's pretaped. When the game feels manipulated and unfair, then what's the point? There is nothing they could do, the other side was handed a massive advantage. Keeping housemates, selectively giving those housemates access to conversations and allowing them to completely shift the dynamic of the house groups by manipulating voting.

I honestly was surprised SJ and mum lady (don't remember her name) both came back into the house. I was sure they'd only bring back one. They literally were just back as if the eviction didn't happen. Such poor form. Really shows how much content this format leaves out.

What I also found odd was the attic had one mattress. Why would you set up a double eviction to a secret room, but only have bedding for one? Do we really think we'd have had Sid and JS in the attic?

What do the floaters and non-core Katie group think will happen as soon as King Danny leaves? They are literally voting to support people who will instantly drop them the first chance they get. I know floaters keep getting nominated, but by getting rid of the sides. They're literally voting for targets on their backs. As opposed to hoping the core roup leaders take each other out.

Plus I think Angela's alliance last year was in the lower numbers compared to the alpha alliance so it felt more like an underdog tale. But with Mary and SJ their alliance had a clear numbers advantage over the other alliance.

I was surprised that Sid's involvement in the blindside wasn't known by the housemates. I would have thought for sure that Daniel and Nick would have been asking questions. Especially to those who they thought were going to vote for Jess.

I’d been on rations for weeks, and when I got to the hotel, a producer said I could get UberEats

Woah don't go all out at once, Seven!

4LaWv.gif

“I was rattled after my eviction; I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t eat,” said Mitch.

“I’d been on rations for weeks, and when I got to the hotel, a producer said I could get UberEats, so I ordered a burrito and could barely touch it, I’d lost my appetite completely.”

So the burrito was supposed to be eaten, but got a reprieve from Mitch. What a hypocrite.

It sounds like Mitch is just having a whinge, every season of big brother they've had evictions where the HMs aren't actually evicted. He just sounds like he didnt get his way, so he's having a cry cos they know by doing what they did and having that outcome they buried themselves in the game.

Can't compete against the big man in the walls.

It sounds like Mitch is just having a whinge, every season of big brother they've had evictions where the HMs aren't actually evicted. He just sounds like he didnt get his way, so he's having a cry cos they know by doing what they did and having that outcome they buried themselves in the game.

Can't compete against the big man in the walls.
Manipulation has always been a part of big brother, but recently the manipulation has become so blatant that even the housemates are starting to call out production for it.

The mothers returning in the episode airing on mothers day. The previous episode ended with the housemates being woken up to a timer. That was not continued at all. Why? These episodes are all pre-recorded and edited well in advance. Why was there such a disconnect? Mums in the attic, episode ending teasing something dramatic with the housemates. The next episode opens with b-roll of them playing charades, mums back as if they never left.

Is it possible that a last-minute edit was made to the episode because the manner in which the "mums" returned seemed really contrived? Done after people's negative reactions to what seemed like BB manipulating the game in an unfair manner last week.

Why else would they not show whatever this big cake entrance was?

Just a thought.

183444778_510868473653591_7409946153462237490_n.jpg

see

Just watched the episode and looked at this thread - how is there no comment that when Daniel was talking about how he wanted to see the players that do nothing and don't think for themselves be evicted, the show cut from Daniel to Charlotte about three times during that speech?

I lost it when it happened.

The mothers returning in the episode airing on mothers day. The previous episode ended with the housemates being woken up to a timer. That was not continued at all. Why? These episodes are all pre-recorded and edited well in advance. Why was there such a disconnect? Mums in the attic, episode ending teasing something dramatic with the housemates. The next episode opens with b-roll of them playing charades, mums back as if they never left.

Is it possible that a last-minute edit was made to the episode because the manner in which the "mums" returned seemed really contrived? Done after people's negative reactions to what seemed like BB manipulating the game in an unfair manner last week.

Why else would they not show whatever this big cake entrance was?

Just a thought.

183444778_510868473653591_7409946153462237490_n.jpg

see
Hey @up_all_night , did you watch on 7plus live streaming (at the same time as broadcast). There’s 5 mins on the end of the episode which didn’t screen on 7plus for me. It ended on the countdown. However if you go to the catch up episode there’s another 5mins where the ladies re enter via the cake, most HMs rejoice and hug and Daniel and Nick are shown to be less than impressed. This was shown on terrestrial broadcast, but not on the 7plus livestream I was watching.

Just watched the episode and looked at this thread - how is there no comment that when Daniel was talking about how he wanted to see the players that do nothing and don't think for themselves be evicted, the show cut from Daniel to Charlotte about three times during that speech?

I lost it when it happened.

I did notice it:

Funny that they kept going to Charlotte when Daniel was saying people who don’t contribute.

Hey @up_all_night , did you watch on 7plus live streaming (at the same time as broadcast). There’s 5 mins on the end of the episode which didn’t screen on 7plus for me. It ended on the countdown. However if you go to the catch up episode there’s another 5mins where the ladies re enter via the cake, most HMs rejoice and hug and Daniel and Nick are shown to be less than impressed. This was shown on terrestrial broadcast, but not on the 7plus livestream I was watching.
It is shown on 7+ but you have to wait for the ads to play. My DVR failed to record this episode abd we had to use catch up, abd we saw the end scene. Also was confused if it was the end or not.

So they cut it from the end of the broadcast version. That's lame.

Back