Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 8 Discussion (9 May, 7pm)

Did you spoil your mum today?

• Yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
Did anyone here notice how, at the end of tonights eviction, Big Brother did NOT come over the PA with the usual spill of "This is Big Brother, Mitch you have one minute to say your goodbyes, and leave the Big Brother house"?
Did anyone here noticed how, at the end of tonights episode, the promo clip for tomorrow night shows housemates reacting to a massive surprise, along with Dan crying, as something (or someone) is being craned over the fence?

Me thinks that Mitch may be returning to the Big Brother House as part of a Red Button twist!

No idea where you got the idea that Farmer Wants a Wife is next up. Farmer Wants a Wife is slated AFTER The Voice. The Voice is slated for after Big Brother. I thought by the image that The Voice would start prior to the Olympics but the graphic has the Olympics beginning in H1 which is also wrong.

Didn't they start advertising Farmer a few weeks back? Even by Aussie standards that seems too early for something beginning in August.

They've also Big Brother VIP to get in before the end of the year now.

Has anyone here considered that maybe today in Australia is Mothers Day, hence many of us could be away from Technology, and instead marking the occasion attending family dinners, etc?

Tomorrow (well now today technically) is also Monday the 10th of May, three weeks before the start of winter. That itself is more interesting than this iteration of Big Brother.

Didn't they start advertising Farmer a few weeks back? Even by Aussie standards that seems too early for something beginning in August.

They've also Big Brother VIP to get in before the end of the year now.

I think they did the same thing last year. 1 promo over a 2 month or so period. From memory The Voice was going to be a shortened season anyway so they will get through it pretty quickly.

I have only recently watched the US seasons, reasons mixing between wanting to understand the new format more and also I saw some people who were on the 2020 All Stars season which intrigued me to watch from the beginning. Honestly the Australian gameplay does not even compare. Obviously there are differences between the two; AUS has no veto, more physical comps, you can win a challenge as many times in a row as you can, you nominate 3 housemates in the early stage rather than 2, theres no jury vote and the audience decides so there is no way of telling who really is the genuine threat to win. But honestly in these 2 seasons so far on 7 I am yet to see anyone display any deep level of strategic ability.
Definitely add BBCAN to your list sometime. It’s a shame the AU revamp didn’t amalgamate into something a little closer to BBCAN. It really could have worked so well.

In my opinion, BBCA2 is one of the very best examples of a season that has a great combination of BBUK/AU elements with the US format, and some of the best strategists and game playing of the CAN series. If I’d recommend any overseas season for potential Seven BBAU housemates to watch it’d probably be that.

Has anyone here considered that maybe today in Australia is Mothers Day, hence many of us could be away from Technology, and instead marking the occasion attending family dinners, etc?

I just thought it was because the show is not very good at the moment.

Definitely add BBCAN to your list sometime. It’s a shame the AU revamp didn’t amalgamate into something a little closer to BBCAN. It really could have worked so well.

In my opinion, BBCA2 is one of the very best examples of a season that has a great combination of BBUK/AU elements with the US format, and some of the best strategists and game playing of the CAN series. If I’d recommend any overseas season for potential Seven BBAU housemates to watch it’d probably be that.

I shall definitely begin BBCAN as soon as a I can. I just finished Survivor US, BBUS, (Been on a break from BBUK for some time but I plan on finishing that one day despite how huge of a commitment that is) and my initial plan was to watch the amazing race US next, however I have painfully put myself through so much reality television viewing during COVID I think I may have burnt myself out. just recently watched the office and parks and rec and dare I say this latest episode of BBAU has just heightened my thoughts of taking break from reality TV for a good while. I hope BBUS is good this year, it will motivate me to watch BBCAN.

I find these seasons harder to watch as I am a diehard OG BB format fan. I also am a survivor fan. But the two should not be mixed as much this way. Physical challenges rules out interesting people from applying. I don't know. I watch for glimpses of the old format but there's not enough there anymore.

My daughter who is 10 loves this new version though

I knew Mitch was going to be evicted when they showed so much of him at the start of the episode.
Another thing I hate about this is theres no fun in not knowing who will go. Anyone with moderate viewing experience of reality television (particularly Survivor) can learn to read the edit and know who will go within the first few segments. There's no fun anymore in not knowing who the rest of the audience is voting for and who is going to be evicted.

I actually don't dislike Tilly's strategy, she is deliberately putting herself in the centre so that she can align with whoever will be the dominant alliance, but also work with others when the time comes. It wasn't so much the fact that she put a strategy in place, it's more that she chose the wrong housemates for that strategy.

it's more that she chose the wrong housemates for that strategy.
Is exactly what my point is. Okay I get not wanting to Make waves and nominate the entire opposing alliance (Unless you want to be really daring and make great television). But nominate a pawn for god sakes that isn't aligned directly with you. Nominate floaters that won't rock the boat. Had Charlotte been nominated and evicted neither side loses anyone and someone goes that not many people are necessarily up in arms about losing.

See, this whole dynamic of housemates nominating each other with no audience influence whatsoever is doing little justice to the show.
The main problem is they have NFI what they are doing. The are uneducated in too many ways.

I knew Mitch was going to be evicted when they showed so much of him at the start of the episode.
As they do every episode. Big Brother worked for so long because the producers were finding out what was happening at the same time as the viewers. Now not only is it clear they edit and promote the show based on the known outcome for housemates, but they also largely pre-cast the show in such a way that it is always built around 6 or so key individuals with everyone pretty much being extras.

I shall definitely begin BBCAN as soon as a I can. I just finished Survivor US, BBUS, (Been on a break from BBUK for some time but I plan on finishing that one day despite how huge of a commitment that is) and my initial plan was to watch the amazing race US next, however I have painfully put myself through so much reality television viewing during COVID I think I may have burnt myself out. just recently watched the office and parks and rec and dare I say this latest episode of BBAU has just heightened my thoughts of taking break from reality TV for a good while. I hope BBUS is good this year, it will motivate me to watch BBCAN.
Yes, BB Canada takes the US format but throws in a bit of the fun seen around the world too. It's so well cast as well - they made a big deal this year about increasing the diversity of their cast but to be fair they had always done a decent job on that anyway.

Back