Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 21 Discussion (7 June, 7:30pm)

Who will be evicted this week? Pick THREE. Although I doubt three will go.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They still don't get that there is no such thing as a safe vote.
Glad that Mary has gone though, she was almost as unpleasant as her daughter.
For a 55 year old to treat a 25 year old the way she treated Marley who didn't even vote for her is shameful.

It was actually a good move by Marley, he was creating a new alliance, so it's not really a huge loss if she does go, but can also say that he put her up as a "safe vote" to get rid of someone else if that's what they want...

Late to the party... How could Marley think Mary would NOT go. With him not voting it was always 5-4 vote on Mary..
Though I did think Ari was a possible switch. I'm kind of over the 2IC 3IC week.

Because he's not very bright. Which is why he will win. He's too dumb to be mean or threatening.

Thoughts.

Could SJ eat anything at the VIP party? She mentioned the sushi, does she eat fish???

Mary reminds me of the look of crazy frog, but when I look at that it doesn't remind me of her.

As this is a pre-recorded format. I actually wish they played with that. Let the audience experience the blindside. Then flashback to what really went on. Some Ocean's 11 style shit.

Last edited:
Because he's not very bright. Which is why he will win. He's too dumb to be mean or threatening.

Thoughts.

Could SJ eat anything at the VIP party? She mentioned the sushi, does she eat fish???

Mary reminds me of the look of crazy frog, but when I look at that it doesn't remind me of her.

As this is a pre-recorded format. I actually wish they played with that. Let the audience experience the blindside. Then flashback to what really went on. Some Ocean's 11 style shit.
Yes, there is a terminal lack of suspense.
Everything is spelled out, from blindsiides to all three nominees being named before the announcement to the name of too many nominees being mentioned in the actual voting to Sonia announcing the results in ascending order.

What did we get right?

All they need to do is go back to 2014.

2014, what a great year. So full of promise, so full of cheer. Hope in every soul. Life in every heart.
Who'd have thought back in 2014 we'd be quite nostalgic for that series just seven years later. I just think ultimately although there were issues over no live feeds, no live updates and poor scheduling ultimately the game itself was fair and the housemates quite watchable.

Are they at the top 10 stage again now then - didn't they cut down to two nominees last year at this stage?

Just caught up on this episode. SJ, Daniel, Christina and Ari are all extremely stupid.

On any other Big Brother series that isn't the OG format, everyone would be celebrating the fact they've weakened the opposing alliance in the house by reducing the numbers. Here in AU, the idiots are celebrating the fact that they performed a blindside of some sort. They don't even care they took out someone Marley was working with - they just wanted to blindside him for the sake of it (not the first time it's happened this year either).

I seriously don't get why anyone is still wanting to work with Daniel at this point either - they've all seen him make promises, only to decide it was worth nothing and gone back on it. Why do they trust him to not screw them over eventually (when it seems like he will)?

Just caught up on this episode. SJ, Daniel, Christina and Ari are all extremely stupid.

On any other Big Brother series that isn't the OG format, everyone would be celebrating the fact they've weakened the opposing alliance in the house by reducing the numbers. Here in AU, the idiots are celebrating the fact that they performed a blindside of some sort. They don't even care they took out someone Marley was working with - they just wanted to blindside him for the sake of it (not the first time it's happened this year either).

I seriously don't get why anyone is still wanting to work with Daniel at this point either - they've all seen him make promises, only to decide it was worth nothing and gone back on it. Why do they trust him to not screw them over eventually (when it seems like he will)?

I still don't understand how that's stupid though?

Thoughts.

While I do agree with you to use the prerecorded format to experience the blindside and then use flashbacks to explain it would be good, I also have a feeling people will complain about it not feeling like Big Brother...

Yes, there is a terminal lack of suspense.
Everything is spelled out, from blindsiides to all three nominees being named before the announcement to the name of too many nominees being mentioned in the actual voting to Sonia announcing the results in ascending order.

Sonia mixed up the announcement of the results this time. She went Christina (4), then Ari (0) and Mary (5).

I think this was because many in the house thought it would be between Christina and Ari...

While I do agree with you to use the prerecorded format to experience the blindside and then use flashbacks to explain it would be good, I also have a feeling people will complain about it not feeling like Big Brother...

It will never feel like a proper Big Brother in this non-live format. For myself, watching Big Brother was an experience when it was live. This is now just an entertainment show. I think enough has been lost, where it wouldn't really matter. It may be more entertaining. As long as it wasn't overused or misused.

I still don't understand how that's stupid though?
What's stupid is what they consider to be the victory - doing something undetected should be how you achieve something but these idiots always celebrate a blindside as what they achieved. It's the same thing as in the past when they decided to make a big move purely for the sake of making a big move.

Back