Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 12 Discussion (17 May, 7:30pm)

What are you most looking forward to..?

• Katie’s Eviction fallout

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • The Intruders’ Arrival

Votes: 25 67.6%

• Total voters
So just watched the episode on catch up.
Laughed literally out loud at Daniel singing “She had it coming” re: Katie’s eviction.
Jess was a bit heavy on the Katie pining this episode. I’ll give her this episode, but if it drags on it will be a bit of a punish.

I’m all for some extra episodes of BB but the intruder vote had little tension tonight. Probably should have had 2 win comps and 2 voted in all in one episode. There was no tension because all the others still have a chance.

I assume tomorrow will be the same, at least it will mean 2 intruders are going home. So I guess Brenton has to be one saved or the winner of the challenge given he was a pre-show promo and there needs to be some time given to develop the Christina romance.

I like all the intruders. Diverse bunch. Keen to see how it plays out strategically, happy Adriana got a spot.

I rushed home from an overtime shift tonight and watched on catch up as I didn’t want to be spoiled with who goes … turns out that wasn’t even a potential issue!

You are legally obliged to love your sweepstake pick no matter what. :cool:
This was me cheering for mine this year:

Katie, Katie, She’s our girl, if she can’t do it …

giphy.gif

What a boring episode.
We were only just getting around to losing the dead wood, then they add more.

The 4 who stay should have been decided tonight.
2 in the challenge and 2 voted for, plus an original voted out as a swap.
But I guess they couldn't risk losing Christina before she'd had 5 minutes of screen time in the showmance.

I thought evictees were usually never spoken of again after the first few minutes of the next episode.

The timing of the intruders really isn't great - basically the show had got to a point where it had just about got rid of the extras and was a manageable watch with fewer housemates, only for them to put so many more in it basically takes the show back another two weeks.

I had to work overtime tonight 😓 I almost said no when they asked me cause it meant I couldn’t watch live haha. What ad do you mean?
😔 I won’t be watching tonight’s or tomorrow’s live. I need to complete a few programs for work myself, plus it’s my daughters 4th birthday this week so I’m prepping things for that too.

The mashup between bb romance and home & away storyline. It was on repeat 😬

God, watched for the first time since the premiere. It's shit isn't it?

I really can't get past the awfully feeble and obviously fakely dubbed Big Brother voice. Hated it last year and hate it even more every time I see it, even more so when it switches to narration mode in the challenges or tries to interact with the housemates.

And talking of fake how handy that a doorway in the cliffs links directly to the sofa in the BB house.

When the best thing about a show is Sonia Kruger the show clearly has real problems.

Out came the "Katie deserved to be here with me" entitlement from Jess. I had said earlier that I was waiting for them to pull that one out. It's always those types each season that use the "deserve" line.

I don't know why they are worried about the male intruders with these challenges considering the women have won most of them

It depends on the challenges. A lot were bodyweight ones which don't suit the guys. Especially as none of the original guys besides Max are particularly athletic or fit. Dan is pretty fit but older. Marley seems like one of those guys that plays some sport, looks way fitter than he is. Genetics and thin. The others, nope.

It is lame though to have a challenge like this that really favoured endurance. No way Gabe or Adrianna had a chance at winning.

Brenton has a slightly annoying voice too.

Let's just say this. If you were casting a German soldier for a movie set in the early 1940s. He definitely looks the part.

Last edited:
Out came the "Katie deserved to be here with me" entitlement from Jess. I had said earlier that I was waiting for them to pull that one out. It's always those types each season that use the "deserve" line.

It depends on the challenges. A lot were bodyweight ones which don't suit the guys. Especially as none of the original guys besides Max are particularly athletic or fit. Dan is pretty fit but older. Marley seems like one of those guys that plays some sport, looks way fitter than he is. Genetics and thin. The others, nope.

It is lame though to have a challenge like this that really favoured endurance. No way Gabe or Adrianna had a chance at winning.

Let's just say this. If you were casting a German soldier for a movie set in the early 1940s. He definitely looks the part.
It was interesting how Brenton's video packaged focused on how fake he is. Like Tom Cruise. Who was apparently the inspiration behind Christian Bale's portrayal of Patrick Bateman.

Well, I'm glad I decided to head off last night when I did. I was almost excited to watch the last bit today, but what a let down - again!
Glad Adriana got to stay.
Now let's see what tonight brings 🥱

Back