Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2021 - Episode 1 Discussion (26 April) - First 12 housemates

People are getting tired of the same formats and the same predictable stereo typical contestants. In these days of ratings, I dont trust anything that is not done live. Daniel was sent on a mission last night. Out of everyone in the house, they chose the one person that was likely to rock the boat. What a surprise!! I predict that, whilst most think he will go early, Daniel will go deep into the contest. He will be saved when necessary, and keep returning like a ghost. I dont expect him to win. I dont think he really expects to win either. What type of wanker goes on about how good they are from the outset?

I wish BB was a mean person again.
Would have been great if he’d said ‘I’m deducting $5 from the shopping money anytime anyone curses.
They were all swearing their asses off, it would have instantly caused drama.
If you don't like swearing, you're in the wrong place.
Some filthy mouths in here.

Masterchef was 527,000 on Sunday. I think people are getting sick of all these programs, too many other options like Netflix etc.

The long run times dont help. 7 keep harping on about how people want fast paced shows these days which is why they dont film BB live, yet they air these long protracted episodes. No logic to be found.

Masterchef was 527,000 on Sunday. I think people are getting sick of all these programs, too many other options like Netflix etc.
^^ THIS ^^... I’m one of those people as of late... I just got sick and tired of the same old shit being served to us by free-to-air TV... I ditched Foxtel too and now subscribe to Stan/Netflix and Prime for approximately the same amount that I paid to my Foxtel package... such a variety of shows to choose from now...

...if I do go onto free-to-air TV it’s usually to watch SBS and ABC shows... now and then when they’re on ‘I’m a Celebrity get me the fuck outta here /Australian Survivor and Big Brother... mainly due to the fantastic forum posts during those shows... you people are the only reason as to why I watch those shows lol!... but yes... I completely agree with you on this Poxy (by the way... I love your name lol!)... but you are right... people ARE getting sick of the same old same old... cheers.

^^ THIS ^^... I’m one of those people as of late... I just got sick and tired of the same old shit being served to us by free-to-air TV... I ditched Foxtel too and now subscribe to Stan/Netflix and Prime for approximately the same amount that I paid to my Foxtel package... such a variety of shows to choose from now...

...if I do go onto free-to-air TV it’s usually to watch SBS and ABC shows... now and then when they’re on ‘I’m a Celebrity get me the fuck outta here /Australian Survivor and Big Brother... mainly due to the fantastic forum posts during those shows... you people are the only reason as to why I watch those shows lol!... but yes... I completely agree with you on this Poxy (by the way... I love your name lol!)... but you are right... people ARE getting sick of the same old same old... cheers.

I agree Mr Sticky. Outside of these main reality shows I watch I never watch free to air television. 99% of people my age probably won't even own televisions in a few years. Even with I'm a Celeb I watched it on catch up most days and binged it over the weekends. Lockdown has completely changed how I watch shows. I now much more enjoy binging episode after episode rather than sitting down at 7:30 and watching something live on specific days. I gave up on MAFS, didn't watch Amazing race and this is the first time in almost a decade that I haven't watched Masterchef. Outside of Survivor and BB I don't see much point in watching FTA television anymore. I used to watch goggle box religiously but it is no longer funny to me and nor do I enjoy the new casts. The only show I have so far This year put effort into watching is the circle UK.

Was I hallucinating or abducted by aliens? The show ran until 8.05 or thereabouts before its first ad break. That's a long time in TV land...
Yep, I doubled checked that! It was something like 38 minutes before the first ad break!

The ratings are in:

Big Brother Arrival - 664,000
Big Brother - 662,000
Big Brother Eviction - 650,000

Quite a bit down on last year:

Big Brother Arrival - 853,000
Big Brother - 866,000
Big Brother Eviction - 930,000

I would think Seven would be happy with those numbers, despite the dip.

Those are not good numbers in my opinion. Opening and closing episodes usually have the higher amount of viewers.

Still better than Masterchef I guess...

If you don't like swearing, you're in the wrong place.
Some filthy mouths in here.
I swear all the time.
The point was that the people who wouldn’t have been able to stop swearing would have been chastised by the others...

Meh. Ratings aren't the be all and end all anymore.

Last year Seven weren't even talking about their broadcast ratings that much - all their praise was directed at the digital viewership online. I'm sure it'll be the same again this year.

Also, looks like they've ripped the plane thing that'll be in the next episode from BBUK (pretty sure it was in the final series). I seem to remember a task where the housemates "travelled" overseas and had to sit on a fake airplane for the length of time the actual flight would take and they've just taken it to an extreme and made them sit in there for 24 hours.

And finally - Max is a bit dense as he doesn't seem to understand what the word "both" means.
1619508198996.png

Last edited:
Also, looks like they've ripped the plane thing that'll be in the next episode from BBUK (pretty sure it was in the final series). I seem to remember a task where the housemates "travelled" overseas and had to sit on a fake airplane for the length of time the actual flight would take and they've just taken it to an extreme and made them sit in there for 24 hours.
I believe it was done in Australia first. In 2008.

I sat with text edit out and started typing away at my recorded version....
The fake crowd was just saaaad.
And it went down hill from there.
i.e.
Welcome to The Plethora of Stereotypes!
Remember when we complained they were all cookie cutter?
Now they are just recognised Tropes and Stereotypes because channel 7 doesn't think you can cope with real diversity...

So, I just started fast forwarding and skipping through the forum (which is always interesting) but the show itself is tired.
Maybe it's just me? I've been on this forum from the beginning but I managed to watch 5 eps of BBCAN last week with more interest than this over-contrived nonsense from BBAU.

It is pre-produced and overly storylined from day 1, which I dislike.
Lets see I guess.

Back