Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 9 Discussion (23 June)

Was Garths eviction last night a result of homophobia?

• Yes, Of course it was in a house full of straight people.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • No, Everyone had an equal chance including Garth.

Votes: 75 87.2%
  • Hmm, It was a mix of homophobia and other things.

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This absolutely isn’t directed at anybody in particular, nor about Xavier really, but just a general statement - can we please try and avoid stereotyping? I know we can all get a little carried away here - I’m obviously guilty of it myself - but I think there’s a fine line between a joke in jest and believing certain generalised traits define or even imply homosexuality.

We are making great progress in trying to break down barriers between sexuality and bringing awareness to gender neutrality in society. I don’t think it’s fair to say that just because somebody identifying as male paints their nails or calls a guy “gorgeous” it automatically makes others assume they’re gay.

🤷‍♂️

This absolutely isn’t directed at anybody in particular, nor about Xavier really, but just a general statement in reference to these sorts of comments - can we please try and avoid stereotyping? I know we can all get a little carried away here - I’m obviously guilty of it myself - but I think there’s a fine line between a joke in jest and believing certain generalised traits define or even imply homosexuality.

We are making great progress in trying to break down barriers between sexuality and bringing awareness to gender neutrality in society. I don’t think it’s fair to say that just because somebody identifying as male paints their nails or calls a guy “gorgeous” it automatically makes others assume they’re gay.

🤷‍♂️

:roflmao: 💖

I got excited seeing a glimpse of tonight's challenge, thinking it was going to be a quiz show type game.

Then I noticed the weights on either side of the podiums.

This absolutely isn’t directed at anybody in particular, nor about Xavier really, but just a general statement - can we please try and avoid stereotyping? I know we can all get a little carried away here - I’m obviously guilty of it myself - but I think there’s a fine line between a joke in jest and believing certain generalised traits define or even imply homosexuality.

🤷‍♂️

Mine was absolutely a joke in jest, I couldn't care less about the sexuality of anyone else.
Sorry if it was taken as something more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back