Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 20 Discussion (21 July)

Are you happy that Sarah has now been evicted from the Big Brother house?

• Yes, She was awful.

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • No, She was awesome.

Votes: 53 57.6%
  • Maybe, She was mixed.

Votes: 30 32.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sexual Tension Award - Consuela and MADONNA, JordanS and MADONNA, lefrancais and MADONNA, @Miiiiike and MADONNA, the Theorist and MADONNA

source.gif
and in a shock reversal for 2020...
Madonna and FUZZ.
A straight footy playing genteel educated bloke (non birthplace of broken hill) to break the hex.
tenor.gif

i watched on 7live...the housemates were standing in the yard at night and then it cut to the doco about the dead kids.

was there some royal fuck up and they forgot to tell people how to vote??

how is anyoe supposed to know?

is this some kind of choose your own adventure game???

i watched on 7live...the housemates were standing in the yard at night and then it cut to the doco about the dead kids.

was there some royal fuck up and they forgot to tell people how to vote??

how is anyoe supposed to know?

is this some kind of choose your own adventure game???

It was a stuff up by 7. Look at my post above, in Perth they showed people where to vote. But given the website crashed looks like enough people were informed through social media.

There were no voting instructions at all for me, so I have no idea how to make sure Dan doesn't win. I was watching a recording after it aired, very dull without the forum. I think if the show was on and this forum had disappeared into outer space I would have given up watching a few weeks ago. Now it's like a chore I have to complete because I'm a bit of an obsessive collector or something and I've collected/watched all the other eps.

Still Sophie's supertight silver sausage casing dress was fun tonight!

There were no voting instructions at all for me, so I have no idea how to make sure Dan doesn't win. I was watching a recording after it aired, very dull without the forum. I think if the show was on and this forum had disappeared into outer space I would have given up watching a few weeks ago. Now it's like a chore I have to complete because I'm a bit of an obsessive collector or something and I've collected/watched all the other eps.

Still Sophie's supertight silver sausage casing dress was fun tonight!

You can vote here: www.bigbrother.com.au

Lets be honest. And I know most of you dont follow footy but there is an allegory.
Its a covid season full of compromises. Yes. Cast was weak imo. Rushed format didnt allow the prime reason to watch bb.
The development over time to watch interactions grow and foster and twist and turn. The crucial element, interaction between them, was just glossed and forwarded over.
Like this afl season, this winner will have an asterix in my eyes as it was so compromised.
Having said that, I hope post covid, the format changes. Public vote is essential in my eyes. It removes a power or an illusion of power in the housemates eyes. They adopt, redact and change having seen public vote outs. That for me was always more interesting. Cos it shows an ability to adapt on the fly rather than "umm herp derp you good in challenges, ill stick with you or hook up with you"
A public vote imo ensures a fluid game.

Lets be honest. And I know most of you dont follow footy but there is an allegory.
Its a covid season full of compromises. Yes. Cast was weak imo. Rushed format didnt allow the prime reason to watch bb.
The development over time to watch interactions grow and foster and twist and turn. The crucial element, interaction between them, was just glossed and forwarded over.
Like this afl season, this winner will have an asterix in my eyes as it was so compromised.
Having said that, I hope post covid, the format changes. Public vote is essential in my eyes. It removes a power or an illusion of power in the housemates eyes. They adopt, redact and change having seen public vote outs. That for me was always more interesting. Cos it shows an ability to adapt on the fly rather than "umm herp derp you good in challenges, ill stick with you or hook up with you"

I reckon whoever wins this afl season will probably be the most impressive for a while yet considering all the changes that have happened. Just the mental strength to get through all that.

Unless of course it's Collingwood in which case it's an obviously tainted flag.

I've voted. (Interestingly, if you put bigbrother.com.au in bing search, good old bing, it is atrocious, it takes you to a bing page with the 7plus website, this forum, the facebook page for BB, and so on. No mention of the voting page or any such domain existing. Google wasn't so stunned by the request when I repeated the search in chrome, out of interest.) I thought they'd be directing us to vote on the 7plus website or via links there.

Hope they sort all this sending you every which way for content (poor old Mikey on 7news, I've forgotten all about that weeks ago) next year and just put all the content into the episode, and have a dedicated page set up for show information, as of old, including Goldman's recaps. That'd be good.

I reckon whoever wins this afl season will probably be the most impressive for a while yet considering all the changes that have happened. Just the mental strength to get through all that.

Unless of course it's Collingwood in which case it's an obviously tainted flag.
A winner is a winner. But its so compromised as to who plays who, when and where and some teams will have upwards of 6 to 7 home games leading home.
Any winner is worthy, dont get me wrong. But its never been as compromised. A competition at its zenith, must have an even playing field to yield the most worthy.
This years winner will be a mixture of luck, randomness of hub living or lack of due to moving boundaries of state border restrictions and the like.
I will honour the winner but it will always looked upon in the future where footy went ahead for purely commercial interests which compromised everything.
tbh, I love footy but i kinda wouldnt have minded it to be scrapped this season. Teams dont even know who they are playing week after next and where. its a logistical nightmare. But like our economies during these times, sustainability comes before a fair competition.

A winner is a winner. But its so compromised as to who plays who, when and where and some teams will have upwards of 6 to 7 home games leading home.
Any winner is worthy, dont get me wrong. But its never been as compromised. A competition at its zenith, must have an even playing field to yield the most worthy.
This years winner will be a mixture of luck, randomness of hub living or lack of due to moving boundaries of state border restrictions and the like.
I will honour the winner but it will always looked upon in the future where footy went ahead for purely commercial interests which compromised everything.
tbh, I love footy but i kinda wouldnt have minded it to be scrapped this season. Teams dont even know who they are playing week after next and where. its a logistical nightmare. But like our economies during these times, sustainability comes before a fair competition.

They should scrap it all and hold a bunch of Tina Arena concerts!

This so much.
:thumbsup:

I don't know what a "footy" is, but:
  • I feel only about 30% of this season was affected in some way by covid. Most still played out as planned.
  • The rushed, disposable nature of this BBAU season has set a precedent for the series and it won't change. Phone interviews are already happening for the 2021 season, which films in a matter of months. The house will not be changed, maybe a new couch. It'll be like that Doctor Who episode where there are 60 Big Brother houses running at once.
  • The complete focus on physical challenges in this season will only serve to attract more jocks, athletes and bland people to apply for the show.
  • Showmances, bromances and other lazy production tropes will continue. Bogans love em. This seems to be an Australian (and partly American) cultural thing. Other versions of BB use these shortcuts but don't completely rely on them like we do.
  • Scarily, things have evolved so much from back in 2013, when we used to scoff at Instagram influencers going on the show for being "fake". Now the housemates are literally coached from the sidelines on what to say and do. They're basically low-cost actors in a scripted show.

Kieran with a soy boy joke, I like that meme is breaking through.

Matt calling himself a "nice guy," yuck.

How did Chaddles hurt his anke? Did I miss something?

7PLay didn't disappoint with being shit. Halfway thought I needed to spent ages refreshing, then 10 minutes from the end the same.

In the end, I'm fine with the final three. I voted Sophie, happy if her or Chad wins. He seems a genuinely good guy. Dan, least favourite to win but I wouldn't be upset if he did. Chad made the right choice for the final three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back