Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 18 Discussion (15 July)

Who do you WANT to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This season is a really good case study on how groups of people will be submissive to the wills of alphas (and bullies) in a group, even when given direct power to change the situation.

Recent examples are:
  • Chad not nominating Mat and Daniel together, even though that would have been a significant benefit for him and Sophie.
  • Sarah speaks for ages about how much she values the girls, but then immediately forgives Daniel after he specifically targets the girls. "oh it's just the game I guess" (massive cognitive dissonance going on there).
  • Sophie starts to realise what is really happening but stays mute until it's too late.
  • Chad was obviously furious about Sophie being nominated and wanted to go off, but in the 'confrontation' with Mat he basically said "no hard feelings m8 m8 etc. etc." because he didn't have the guts to truely call Mat up on his double crossing.
Can we get David Attenborough on the line.

I think BB will offer Sophie and Keiran something like $50000 and whoever presses the button first gets the money and the other person will go back into the house and if neither press the button within the time limit they will both go home. I think Keiran would be smart and take the money as fast as he can

Sophie might compare that opportunity to a prospective $125,000?

I think BB will offer Sophie and Keiran something like $50000 and whoever presses the button first gets the money and the other person will go back into the house and if neither press the button within the time limit they will both go home. I think Keiran would be smart and take the money as fast as he can

I hope they don't waste that much money.
Keiran would press the red button for $50 and a grope of any female staff member.

I forgot who the blonde girl is :confused: Was she the one who was trying to be the boss? All I will remember from this BB is Angela, she made the show for me.
Indeed. She was the one who referred to the housemates as 'OGs' - straight out of the American BB script book. From the caption of her mug shot:

" Talia is coming on the show with a mission: To "smash gender stereotypes". The smart, strong and confident woman currently works on a job site of 50 men, which has only spurred her strong-willed and has a rebellious streak along."

Why do people want Sarah to win? She hasn't done a bloody thing! I want Keiran to win, I don't even like him but he's the only one there that has done whatever it takes to get this far.
To answer the question - both Sophie and Sarah have sob stories but Sarah's probably appeals to people more because she's kind of a home girl, more relatable to the average Aussie battler woman/girl.

This is not the first time in BB history but the whole thing is becoming more and more of a soap and is further drifting away from the original concept.
...and I agree that of those left over, Kieran has done more for entertainment just by being himself. Second on my list to hopefully win is now Sophie. She has made a good effort of late, both in the challenges and she has really been trying to think outside the box which has been greatly hampered by her not so bright beau.

I don't see any of the current top 4 (ones still in the main house) leave.

How I think it plays out:
Tomorrow: Sophie Returns, Kieran leaves
Monday: Matt Leaves.
Tuesday: Sarah Leaves
Wednesday: Finale w/ Dan, Sophie and Chad. Dan Wins.
I thought Sarah would have to leave before Matt as she doesn't appear in the water challenge.

Indeed. She was the one who referred to the housemates as 'OGs' - straight out of the American BB script book. From the caption of her mug shot:

" Talia is coming on the show with a mission: To "smash gender stereotypes". The smart, strong and confident woman currently works on a job site of 50 men, which has only spurred her strong-willed and has a rebellious streak along."
Thank you, I thought she was. In the old BB, never in the world I didn't know all the HMs, from day one I was in the show every minute I could :) This one I don't even watch Spy (lol, forgot even the total name) I watch 2 episodes and after that no more. I just can't relate to the HMs. I miss the French BB, they also stopped :(

Lol Kieren looks terrified, hope that makes him take some cash and run
I don't understand why he is so uncomfortable in the white room. He can still talk to BB, he has enough to eat, nobody in the room snoring, I would love it, lol. Well at least for a few days :) I hope he wins some money, he deserves some, but not to win all though.

Don forget BIP begins tonight same time
Can’t wait, lots of crazy people, more fun than this shit
But going to watch that later, I can’t wait for the couple fury
Go Sophie kill the bastards, so hope she gets to nominate the 2 wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back