Skip to main content

BBAU 2014 Launch Date 7th/8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I'm not around on the night of the 7th! Wah!.

Nor am I! Decided to trip home to QLD that weekend! I can't very well say "Sorry family, great seeing you, but leave me alone while I watch BB."

Late night catch up TV for me, until I get back to VIC at least!

#notetoself - get my TV antenna issues sorted STAT

Both ticket sales pages start at 8:30pm.
I've been to plenty of Sydney live TV show tapings, the start time is usually about one hour (sometimes more) prior to airing time. Is this the case with BB, or do they just presume you will get there earlier?

The launch one says 7pm? Either way, that will be recorded and aired the following night, as has happened with every BBAU season (except one? Maybe Season Two)
The Tuesday special will be live to air at 8.30/.40 after The Block[DOUBLEPOST=1407996992][/DOUBLEPOST]
So definatley an 8.30/8.40 start for BB this year. Do you think they 7will air the launch a 7.30 or 8.30 on the Monday? Being at 7.30 would give it more exposure.

The Block will still be on air then, so will definately be after that

[QUOTE="tiger_tim, post: 1887684, member: 29766"
The Tuesday special will be live to air at 8.30/.40 after The Block[DOUBLEPOST=1407996992][/DOUBLEPOST]

The Block will still be on air then, so will definately be after that[/QUOTE]

Maybe they won't air The Block that night?

Big Brother Launch Show 2014
Sun. Sep 7, 2014 7:00pm - 8:30pm EST
24 days away
AUD $30.00 - AUD $75.00
All Ages
The biggest reality show in the world is back and you can be a part of the big event launch spectacular.

Join Sonia Kruger and be one of the first people in Australia to see Big Brother unveil his new batch of Housemates and the incredible new House they will call home for up to three months.

As always, Big Brother will have more than a few tricks up his sleeve!

Big Brother Live Show – The Storm Has Arrived
Tue. Sep 9, 2014 8:30pm - 10:00pm EST
26 days away
AUD $30.00 - AUD $50.00
All Ages
Big Brother has a shock in store for his new bunch of Housemates and the best place to watch the drama unfold is live from the Dreamworld studio.

Sonia Kruger introduces a dramatic night of live Big Brother and throws the final few Housemates of 2014 into the melting pot.

With the Housemates not in lockdown yet we can’t tell you too much . . . But, trust us, it will be a big night!

http://events.ticketbooth.com.au/event/3867556/listing

Why do they insist on staggering out the HM arrivals? Can't they just let them all in at the same time and then use the full 90 minutes that will be used for the live "The Storm Has Arrived" special as a comprehensive daily show to introduce viewers to the HM's and their initial interactions with each other like the good ol' days?

Instead they've opted to use a decent chunk of that precious screen time on the mediocre host and broadcast something live just for the hell of it.

Also, can someone explain WHY the launch shows are nearly always pre-recorded and not live? Evictions, Nominations (most years anyway) and the Finale are all live, so what is it about a Launch show that makes it impossible to do live?

Perhaps if they are taking the returning housemates approach, they will send the returning people in on that second night... and that's what the "storm" is....

haha, I find this a little ironic. Weren't you like 8 or something when BB started?
Haha. Yes, this is true but the difference is the show wasn't specifically aimed at teens/kids in those years. Nowadays, both the main audience and its target demographic are specially aimed at the younger/teen viewers.

Are the launch night tickets on sale yet?.. I saw the seating chart posted in another thread but I can't see where you can purchase tickets

Tickets might be available right now. I know a Dreamworld press release said the 18th, but a comment on the front page article suggests they're available right now!

EDIT: And now they're not! Looks like the someone did an oopsy on ticketbooth. Tickets for the live show on day 2 are available, though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back