Skip to main content

BB21 Ratings Thread

Another good sign for BB is that the ratings are staying fairly solid. The numbers aren’t dropping off. It apparently does well on streaming catch up too.

Granted competition was not as strong last night, but still worth celebrating BB being #1 non news program last night!

It’s hard to compare this years ratings to any previous years. This year post pandemic the TV landscape has changed dramatically. A Tuesday night and nothing hits the magic million. 7 out of the top 10 are news and current affairs programs.
Not really - the fact is they faced lower competition with an extra 400k viewers available compared to Monday night, yet still rated lower than they did on Monday.

Not really - the fact is they faced lower competition with an extra 400k viewers available compared to Monday night, yet still rated lower than they did on Monday.
592k vs 583k is probably the difference between a couple of ratings boxes.
Look let’s call a spade a spade, I really enjoy the show as it is and want it to be successful so I read the ratings through that lens, you guys don’t want it to be successful so you have your own lens.
Ultimately we don’t really know what seven are ‘happy’ with, of course everyone wants a ratings smash hit, but not everything can be and not one network consistently does. In comparison to everything else seven have in their catalogue, I think they’d be happy with what BB is achieving for them. At the end of the day, who knows. The networks in Australia are nothing if NOT predictable.

According to TV Tonight BB topped in the demos last night.
it was a tight battle with Travel Guides 630,000 pipping Hard Quiz (620,000), 7:30 (573,000), MasterChef Australia (557,000) and Big Brother (539,000) -but the latter still topped the demos.

Celebrity Apprentice is performing similarly to Big Brother and Masterchef, Debuted at 800k and dropped to 500k on its second episode. HYBPA consistently performing well suggests that surveyed households are exhausted with reality TV at 7:30

Celebrity Apprentice is performing similarly to Big Brother and Masterchef, Debuted at 800k and dropped to 500k on its second episode. HYBPA consistently performing well suggests that surveyed households are exhausted with reality TV at 7:30
I would argue that there was no BB on Sunday night so CA had opportunity. Looks like BB took a bit share of the Sunday night audience on Monday night.

Also it wasn’t clear that episode 2 was on Monday night. I suspect Celeb Apprentice will eat into BB in the coming weeks.

I would argue that there was no BB on Sunday night so CA had opportunity. Looks like BB took a bit share of the Sunday night audience on Monday night.

Also it wasn’t clear that episode 2 was on Monday night. I suspect Celeb Apprentice will eat into BB in the coming weeks.

I hope it doesn't.

I do the same thing actually, or on iPad. We have it plugged in on one of the TV's, not the other in the other loungeroom.

I've never seen it, although I've heard good things.
It’s been years since I’ve watched TV via an actual aerial.
Celeb Apprentice is great! King David back in his rightful place being the main contestant / Narrator of a RTV. Ross Noble is hilarious. Camilla a hot mess. Never watched MAFS but Martha is a perfect amount of feisty for this format.

BB is also doing very well, holding its own in the ratings. Similar numbers in total people and beat CA in demos (particularly younger demos) which is reportedly what Seven want.

We (Democrats) in the USA are disinclined to watch anythiing affiliated w/Drumpf including the permutations of the tv show

I'm not a Trump supporter at all but I'm enjoying the Celeb Apprentice.
Of course! It's a great premise & especially w/your wonderful Australians. I'm just saying #ETTD everything Drumpf touches dies. Half the US (ones w/guns) believe the election was stolen & 6 January just a tour gone wrong. Thus I so adore visiting this Forum for its decidely cheery banter. Pax vobiscum

Of course! It's a great premise & especially w/your wonderful Australians. I'm just saying #ETTD everything Drumpf touches dies. Half the US (ones w/guns) believe the election was stolen & 6 January just a tour gone wrong. Thus I so adore visiting this Forum for its decidely cheery banter. Pax vobiscum
Oh, I'm American as well and I don't disagree at all.

BB was #1 in its time slot in total people last night (ahead of MC and CA, albeit a very close race) until HYBPA started. 620k.
behind HYBPA in demos but head of the other stripped reality shows.
good to have sustained solid ratings.

Back