Skip to main content

BB2021 Filming

The house nearly burning down has already made this series far more exciting than the last one.

God, how cheap does that arena look though. Shipping Container structures can look very contemporary, and though I appreciate we'll only see it from the inside on the show considering they go to the effort with the eye on the front of the house you'd think they'd do better here.

I
Thanks @Gibo_33 , looking at 7News on Twitter, there was a live twitter video that has some other possibly interesting angles:

The shipping container arena: (looks to be the same site where a pop-up marquee was last time?)
View attachment 56151
View attachment 56152

The platform looking thing in front of the house:
View attachment 56153

Also is it just me or does the structure between the sheds look less temporary now? Maybe it is just the smoke haze making the roof for this look a similar colour to the original shed structures. But then again, if you compare Daily Mail's photo from last year the joining roof did seem to look different (colour and shape) ?
View attachment 56154

And lastly, the eye from the earlier mentioned 7 News story, just cropped better for viewing on PC ;):
View attachment 56155
I agree, the join between the sheds looks more... sound this time. A shame it seems the backyard is the same. Can see the same daybed next to the pool and the same eye. #cheap.

Atleast they are going to try with an audience.

Thanks @Gibo_33 , looking at 7News on Twitter, there was a live twitter video that has some other possibly interesting angles:

The shipping container arena: (looks to be the same site where a pop-up marquee was last time?)
View attachment 56151
View attachment 56152

The platform looking thing in front of the house:
View attachment 56153

Also is it just me or does the structure between the sheds look less temporary now? Maybe it is just the smoke haze making the roof for this look a similar colour to the original shed structures. But then again, if you compare Daily Mail's photo from last year the joining roof did seem to look different (colour and shape) ?
View attachment 56154

And lastly, the eye from the earlier mentioned 7 News story, just cropped better for viewing on PC ;):
View attachment 56155
that shipping container area reminds me of the BBUSA challenge area.

Of all the problems the show had not having a crowd at the launch wasn't one of them - and in current times adding one is just irresponsible.
We are doing exceptionally well in NSW and things are pretty relaxed as far as covid restrictions go atm here.

Of all the problems the show had not having a crowd at the launch wasn't one of them - and in current times adding one is just irresponsible.
While @bleachy_dude is right about NSW, I think you have a very valid point about the audience (at least while the show is in its current format). It doesn't make much sense to me. The crowd is basically redundant when the show isn't live, especially if they're also going to be present at evictions - trying to pass them off as the general public will only add to the completely false facade they're creating for this show.

Running the series live, exactly the same as BBUS and BBCA, is literally one of the only things that needs changing for almost everything else to work better as a result.

Another thing I'm hoping they don't do is use obvious editing tricks to try and get the story they want rather than the real story of the house.
“I can't see them doing that as it would mean losing the narrative they want to show to the audience “

;) :p

"This is Big Brother, all housemates, you have been ordered to evacuate the house within 30 seconds due to a nearby fire, its time to go, everyone"! :)

In all seriousness I'm not sure the fire exits were that great in the latest house. Might have been one in the bedrooms but that's about it from what I remember.

Those sweeping drone shots up and over the cliff face of North Head are going to look a little different - or fake. :rolleyes:

12784642-16x9-xlarge.jpg

They’ll just use the ones from last year, they’re not going to pay to do new ones
Yeah I can imagine them blending last years ip to the point of the eye being visible and merging the two shots.
I for one hope the bloody cliff shots are gone. They were horrible

Back