Skip to main content

BB2021 Filming

The bare minimum I imagine. When you actually look at the house design last series the walls themselves were kept fairly neutral and bland which in theory means by concentrating on changing the furniture and accessories they can give it a fresher feel without doing too much. I doubt they'll be anything like the change we are used too.

The bare minimum I imagine. When you actually look at the house design last series the walls themselves were kept fairly neutral and bland which in theory means by concentrating on changing the furniture and accessories they can give it a fresher feel without doing too much. I doubt they'll be anything like the change we are used too.
The build quality last season was so poor haha. Well finished but if you paused and looked at things like joints it was an absolute disaster!

I was amazed at how much remodel was done to the BB house in Dreamworld, for instance, completely gut out the inside, put in and rip out pools, add structures for the outer aesthetics of the house. Amazed the foundation and structures of the warehouse in Dreamworld managed all of that. Now this new location, I've got a feeling it's going to be more like BB USA, they'll just be more concerned with the interior design.

By the way, since they are leasing that bunker/warehouse (I'm assuming), how much of the original structure do you reckon is being compromised with the renovations inside? It's a historical site?

By the way, since they are leasing that bunker/warehouse (I'm assuming), how much of the original structure do you reckon is being compromised with the renovations inside? It's a historical site?
Judging by the different floor levels etc, the entire set was essentially slotted into place without damaging the existing buildings at all.

The pool had been in the same location at the Dreamworld house since 2003.

I mean, sort of? But to daledeloy's credit for the 2005-2008 seasons they moved the pool to the corner of the yard and covered over (?) the old pool.

See 2006 house floorplan below. Apologies in advance for fucking up everyone's margins

Big_Brother_6_%28Aus%29_house.png

the 2012-2014 pool was also pretty much dead centre of the backyard, its moved around a fair bit around the house in it's time

the 2012-2014 pool was also pretty much dead centre of the backyard, its moved around a fair bit around the house in it's time
That pool was the previous pool with a modified shape (still not cheap to do though)

The buildings they're using are zoned for adaptive re-use and there hasn't been any clear strategic purpose for them for a while (although that's been under review). They're relatively new buildings and aren't protected like much of their surroundings. North Head is government managed so while Seven/Endemol circumvent the need for council approval, they do have to submit to the Harbour Trust. You could potentially do a FOI request for house plans/production info under public interest, but they're likely to charge you admin fees.

Also FWIW, those pictures from The Wash show signs of a refurb that's more than a lick of paint. In the garden, you can see panels of the green wall from the dining area that's been gutted. The huge skip is full of plasterboard and framework.

The pool that was put in the centre in 2003 it actually never moved. They just covered it over. You can see in 2012 it was reused as you can see the original rectangle going through the middle of the odd triangular shape that they made the pool.

The 2020 house seemed better than I expected although I think the bedrooms were a bit underwhelming and look like they could have even been designed during the 10 era. I'm not expecting any drastic changes for 2021 but I hope they at least revamp a few things to help visually distinguish it from the 2020 design.

Sonia is currently in Brisbane filming Seven's new show Holey Moley till October 10. So filming for Big Brother will be very soon after.

Back