Skip to main content

BB10 Review: Week 2, Good/Bad?

If it wasn't for thursday's show, the entire season would be a bust. it gives me small hope things might change, but the show's got no momentum this year. it's a cheap variety show masquerading as a reality show.

Well, I gave up watching on Wednesday night, so, I guess that's a review in itself!

I just don't have fun watching it anymore. Maybe because I love the show too much and in that I'm just looking for faults and stuff, but at the same time, you don't have to look all that hard to fault the editing and the show in general. And it's not even me as a "super fan" saying this: I spoke to my aunty earlier who's a casual sorta fan, and even she's calling for everything we are. It's when people you don't expect start crying for live footage, and sane editing, that it really hits how bad it has become.

I don't know if I should give it another go. I might catch up on the last few episodes from this week over the weekend (and then maybe I can pretend that I'm actually getting footage of the HMs from Friday to Monday) if I have nothing to do and then I'll see. I guess I'm just really disappointed, is all.

Good cast, bad show.

4.5/10

I thought both girls handled it pretty well...Tahan for being up front yet considered and Tully for not turning it into a drama....I think she was taken aback ( maybe her circle of friends aren't as direct)and therefore not sure how to respond so although it looked a touch sulky walking away was not a bad response......another would have been to simply take the piss out of herself and change the subject!!

Yes, Tully could have a better developed sense of humour, and she could have responded to Tahan with humour. Unfortunately, sleep deprivation may still have been messing with her.

I will give BB a 7/10 It is becoming better. I believe we can still hope for Channel 9 improve.

This year is better than last year. We have the HMs and the editing is becoming better since Thursday night.

I think it's interesting that in two weeks, they've now plagiarised The Newlywed Game (week 1's task), The Price is Right (one of the games was 'guess the overall cost of these groceries'), Minute to Win It (attaching a pedometer to hips instead of forehead doesn't make a new game), and Letterman's old Will It Float? segment, as well as four challenges from three different versions of Survivor - the eel tank and card tower in last week's showdown were both from the US version (the latter with identical staging), the anagrams-on-a-balance-beam was done on the UK version, and the weird rope challenge was from South Africa's version. Definitely too many to be coincidental.

I think it's interesting that in two weeks, they've now plagiarised The Newlywed Game (week 1's task), The Price is Right (one of the games was 'guess the overall cost of these groceries'), Minute to Win It (attaching a pedometer to hips instead of forehead doesn't make a new game), and Letterman's old Will It Float? segment, as well as four challenges from three different versions of Survivor - the eel tank and card tower in last week's showdown were both from the US version (the latter with identical staging), the anagrams-on-a-balance-beam was done on the UK version, and the weird rope challenge was from South Africa's version. Definitely too many to be coincidental.
Hahahaha... wow! Never thought of it that way.

I just watched the 2012 launch night show on YouTube and I feel like we knew far more about the HMs by the end of the launch episode than we now know about this year's bunch, 2 weeks in.

As a big fan of BB I have found the lack of exposure...that is....personality exposure on at least half the hms is very disappointing....during last week I had an epiphany, that if I lowered my expectations I'd enjoy it more...so yer now it's great....so I'll be very gracious and give it 8/10...

Again as a big BB fan my mind is programmed for Sunday night eviction and at the very least a daily show or weekend catchup show on Sunday wouldn't go astray either. I'm very curious to see what the format will be for the first eviction show. Last year it felt so rushed..so hoping for a 45 min catchup and 45 minutes for eviction....

I just watched the 2012 launch night show on YouTube and I feel like we knew far more about the HMs by the end of the launch episode than we now know about this year's bunch, 2 weeks in.

I like the halfway house as an idea, but I REEEEAALLLYY think it should have been implemented in Week 2 after the first nominations.
Week One's footage should be 90% footage designed to help us to feel connected with the HMS, this year it has all been about the twists. I hope it's not too late for aussies to connect with this GREAT cast this year,

This week started off REALLY badly but after that massive fall in ratings, Nine seemed to improve on things.

We got to see very little housemate interaction and too many tasks and games that Big Brother gave to housemates. I don't see how watching Ben being Big Brother's personal assistant is entertaining at all. Anyways, I'm giving the week maybe a 5.5/10 because the episodes on Thursday and Friday were much better than previous episodes.

Back