Skip to main content

BB10 Review: Week 2, Good/Bad?

Untitled-Typo

Bland
Awesome site donor
OK, what to say but.... WHAT THE HECK!!! I know week 2 isn't over but I decided to post this thread early because there is a lot, ALOT, to discuss! First Ratings, Second over editing, third where's our live action! Review it if you want and rate it! Housemates good? Twists good? The most of the posts on this thread will be bad so I guess good isn't a great choice in word!:confused:

Not good apart from last nights episode. Too many unnecessary twists and not enough housemate interaction. 6/10

Yeah this week has been pretty dire, apart from last nights episode its all been woeful. Why are we not allowed to see more than 1-2 sentences exchanged between people before we zip off to some other mundane, whipped up on the spot task to promote whats fast becoming the force fed series star (nothing against Ben but the constant favouritism is going way overboard at the moment).

The nominations is a shambles. They nominate as normal, theres a super power, thats fine and yet they want to add another overthought twist to save someone midweek. Why? Its making things way more complicated than they should be. I feel that voting may be less because people dont have a damn clue whats going on during the week, plus arent the daily shows there to showcase who we may wish to save and prompt impulsive voting by getting reactions while we see it unfold? By the time voting opens the week is all but over and the average joe isnt going to really care to vote on something that happened earlier in the week. Plus at this stage thanks to the editing hardly anybody has been shown enough to have most people muster the want to throw hard earned cash at a show we arent even getting proper access to.

The group really is a great bunch, everyones got their purpose for the most part (except for maybe one or two pot plant male housemates). Its just a real shame that the producers are putting more emphasis on twists and turns rather then letting the real entertainment unfold naturally. If they left them alone for 5 mins and decided to actually air some of the interactions this could be one of the best series.

I hope the next week is better, please let the editing be smoother!!! All that said I still do enjoy the show a lot purely because I've watched since the start but I see it could be a lot better.

Forgot to rate, probably 6/10

Last edited:
OK im going to review!

The editing was terrible, some of the worst I've EVER seen. Twists this and twists that, im sure we just want cold hard big brother housemate convos! When the promos aired they said, "the biggest twist in history of big brother!". I'm sure they didn't say "biggest twists and crap you'll see on tv!". NO. Channel nine are really sucking at big brother. I will state again, The casting is THE BEST! Not of all time but pretty close. I also hate those stupid games, Like cricket. Im sorry but if we wanted to watch the cricked we'd turn over to the Ashes! Not big brother, I mean its not wipeout Australia! or am I mistaken? As we all know ratings have slipped, wait AVALANTCHED! Nine needs to lift their game! Show down better be good or the show officialy will Have the status of, "CRAP!" Not that it already isn't! Over all I give it a.....5.5/10. Dissapointing.

p.s, I will post some more averages soon!

Averages:
Average rating calculated from week 1 ratings and week 2 Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur ratings!
The Average rating is.... 915,700 thousand Viewers. is a drop from week 1's average of 962,666.

Average score so far: The average score for BB10 is... 4.5/10.

It's only week 2 and already my interest is dwindling. This hasn't happened with BB for me before, not even last year :p The editing is ridiculous, half the time we can't even follow what's happening because it's all over the place. It's a real shame because I feel like there's so much potential with these housemates, but between the dodgy edits, the lack of live feed and the silly 'twists' all over the place, we're just not going to get to know them properly. It was made super clear during noms that there's a lot we aren't being shown.

This week I'd give a 4.5/10.

Ok time for me to review and ramble a bit on the show so far….;)
Firstly on the housemates, in memorability order ( I can’t believe that’s a word!)

Tahan- hot hot HOT and not just a pretty face! Whinged a bit when punished (what did she expect!) but has come into her own with highlights including 1) calling out Tully when she tried to put in Mik for butting in 2) Putting her hand up to declare Drade a ruse ( plenty thought maybe but she had the nads to stand up….the others followed!) 3) Icebath 4) Making the on-the-spot call for the switch with both chooses fair and logical (smart) 5) DAMN she’s hot!!!:p

Tim- loud, obnoxious but slightly amusing does have his moments of sensitivity but selfish describes him best! Can stay for a while but won’t (shouldn’t) win …..unless he grows up over the course of the show. The “ring in the teacup” incident was funny…only because of how quickly he folded!! Which only showed there maybe a decent bloke in there somewhere ( that or he was hoping for a trip to the honeymoon suite for a 3way!!)

Xavier- down to earth and funny, can go missing though……will probably be better suited when the numbers dwindle and I’m guessing he’ll still be there towards the end…..is comfortably interacting with both the guys and girls which will see him avoid too many early noms points.

Ben- overly sensitive as shown by his massive breakdown when Drade was exposed….I thought he might because he’d been lied to but the fact he understood that part tells me he more than understands the game. I have missed the episodes (work sucks) containing his diary room challenges unfortunately ( or fortunately if the feedback on this forum on how annoying they’ve been is correct!!) But I believe him to be genuine and some of his one liners are funny as is his straight “character”…..get used to watching him!!!

Tully- was brave enough to call Tim out early but appears to be struggling, maybe a little self centred but still considers others…..I don’t enjoy watching the criers but I can ignore it to a degree ( anyone slightly emotional can be brought undone on this show, housemates say it every year….good luck holding back the tears if you’re prone to having a tear in the real world!)….I think she might be a bit of a schemer her concern for Drew seemed to have an alternate motive (though I don’t know what!) …I think I like her I just can’t put a finger on why…..maybe she’s different enough to be endearing or if she’s working on the sympathy vote it’s worked on me?!?

Ed- only up next because I’m a footy fan!! Hahaha….. I’m not convinced Ed’s all that, although he certainly has the girls (and some of the ‘boyz’…well mostly the boyz!) on this site frothing there’s something…..I don’t know….I watched a clip on the OS where him, Heidi, Drew and Jaz were kicking the fitball around, it went to Heidi who only got enough on it to put it up just in front of herself, she went to headbutt it at the same time Ed had a kick at it!! They both connected at the same time (without any real force) sending her reeling a touch…..very funny to watch, Ed just carried on! and in fact changed the rules to make it harder in what looked like an attempt to get the girls to give it away….I think he may be a bit chauvinistic (just a little) (put it this way I think he’s more likely to go for an accessory type than a sporty type!) If I’m right it may hurt him down the stretch or when some of the lads get picked off.

Jasmine- Didn’t think anything of her until the noms and she had that flirty exchange with BB….I read between the lines to Jaz…. you dirty minx!! and I always have respect for the dirty girls!!!

Hmm starting to get a bit long with the ramble….I’ll speed it up a bit…..

Matt and Calab- good blokes, will go ok ( Matt further than Calab) but neither has the something more needed to win….I don’t think...

Heidi- loud….meh

Jade – pretty would be good value if uncut was still around!….meh

Drew- ok….seriously though you better not start openly pining for Jade, it’s pathetic and won’t help your chances!!!

Mikka- I think she’ll stay for a while and be better once numbers dwindle but hopefully someone tells her she’s not at school now because if she’s up every week it will stunt her chances….and her personality!

Sharon- meh…..shame…I think they need to bang in 3 or 4 older types not just the one token one to be fair

Twins- fun…love the LOL’ers, although their actually laugh is somewhat annoying

Rohan- oh dear….closet anyone…talked a big game then disappeared….weak ice bath effort….goodbye next!!....oh and NOT a mole…otherwise when he pussed out of the ice bath BB would have punished all of them ( unless he really wanted to see Tahan in the ice bath….hmmm fair play BB!!)

On the show itself- cast is definitely better than last year ( the back stabbing and whining put me off….though I followed to the end without once threatening to walk away!!!)…..

Like the idea of Saturday showdown….hopefully they will entertain

The editing has already received mountains of negative comments throughout these pages without me adding to them…..time stamps perhaps?....oh and easy on the twists there people…should be just enough to make the housemates heads spin not the viewers!!

Live stuff- surely in this day and age we could have something like a 10min delayed ‘live’ feed or stream either on the OS or somewhere! Even if it were from 6-12 each night only or whatever…something…Everyones on the net! Stick in ads if you want to make a little something on the side! A delay of some length should allow a small amount of wiggle room for a quick ‘edit’ or a rushed shutdown in case of a situation that may have legal implications….c’mon…think about it!

Overall…..7/10

The end….

Firstly on the housemates, in memorability order ( I can’t believe that’s a word!)

Tahan- hot hot HOT and not just a pretty face! Whinged a bit when punished (what did she expect!) but has come into her own with highlights including 1) calling out Tully when she tried to put in Mik for butting in 2) Putting her hand up to declare Drade a ruse ( plenty thought maybe but she had the nads to stand up….the others followed!) 3) Icebath 4) Making the on-the-spot call for the switch with both chooses fair and logical (smart) 5) DAMN she’s hot!!!:p

Tim- loud, obnoxious but slightly amusing does have his moments of sensitivity but selfish describes him best! Can stay for a while but won’t (shouldn’t) win …..unless he grows up over the course of the show. The “ring in the teacup” incident was funny…only because of how quickly he folded!! Which only showed there maybe a decent bloke in there somewhere ( that or he was hoping for a trip to the honeymoon suite for a 3way!!)

Xavier- down to earth and funny, can go missing though……will probably be better suited when the numbers dwindle and I’m guessing he’ll still be there towards the end…..is comfortably interacting with both the guys and girls which will see him avoid too many early noms points.

Ben- overly sensitive as shown by his massive breakdown when Drade was exposed….I thought he might because he’d been lied to but the fact he understood that part tells me he more than understands the game. I have missed the episodes (work sucks) containing his diary room challenges unfortunately ( or fortunately if the feedback on this forum on how annoying they’ve been is correct!!) But I believe him to be genuine and some of his one liners are funny as is his straight “character”…..get used to watching him!!!

Tully- was brave enough to call Tim out early but appears to be struggling, maybe a little self centred but still considers others…..I don’t enjoy watching the criers but I can ignore it to a degree ( anyone slightly emotional can be brought undone on this show, housemates say it every year….good luck holding back the tears if you’re prone to having a tear in the real world!)….I think she might be a bit of a schemer her concern for Drew seemed to have an alternate motive (though I don’t know what!) …I think I like her I just can’t put a finger on why…..maybe she’s different enough to be endearing or if she’s working on the sympathy vote it’s worked on me?!?

Ed- only up next because I’m a footy fan!! Hahaha….. I’m not convinced Ed’s all that, although he certainly has the girls (and some of the ‘boyz’…well mostly the boyz!) on this site frothing there’s something…..I don’t know….I watched a clip on the OS where him, Heidi, Drew and Jaz were kicking the fitball around, it went to Heidi who only got enough on it to put it up just in front of herself, she went to headbutt it at the same time Ed had a kick at it!! They both connected at the same time (without any real force) sending her reeling a touch…..very funny to watch, Ed just carried on! and in fact changed the rules to make it harder in what looked like an attempt to get the girls to give it away….I think he may be a bit chauvinistic (just a little) (put it this way I think he’s more likely to go for an accessory type than a sporty type!) If I’m right it may hurt him down the stretch or when some of the lads get picked off.

Jasmine- Didn’t think anything of her until the noms and she had that flirty exchange with BB….I read between the lines to Jaz…. you dirty minx!! and I always have respect for the dirty girls!!!

Hmm starting to get a bit long with the ramble….I’ll speed it up a bit…..

Matt and Calab- good blokes, will go ok ( Matt further than Calab) but neither has the something more needed to win….I don’t think...

Heidi- loud….meh

Jade – pretty would be good value if uncut was still around!….meh

Drew- ok….seriously though you better not start openly pining for Jade, it’s pathetic and won’t help your chances!!!

Mikka- I think she’ll stay for a while and be better once numbers dwindle but hopefully someone tells her she’s not at school now because if she’s up every week it will stunt her chances….and her personality!

Sharon- meh…..shame…I think they need to bang in 3 or 4 older types not just the one token one to be fair

Twins- fun…love the LOL’ers, although their actually laugh is somewhat annoying

Rohan- oh dear….closet anyone…talked a big game then disappeared….weak ice bath effort….goodbye next!!....oh and NOT a mole…otherwise when he pussed out of the ice bath BB would have punished all of them ( unless he really wanted to see Tahan in the ice bath….hmmm fair play BB!!)

On the show itself- cast is definitely better than last year ( the back stabbing and whining put me off….though I followed to the end without once threatening to walk away!!!)…..

Like the idea of Saturday showdown….hopefully they will entertain

The editing has already received mountains of negative comments throughout these pages without me adding to them…..time stamps perhaps?....oh and easy on the twists there people…should be just enough to make the housemates heads spin not the viewers!!

Live stuff- surely in this day and age we could have something like a 10min delayed ‘live’ feed or stream either on the OS or somewhere! Even if it were from 6-12 each night only or whatever…something…Everyones on the net! Stick in ads if you want to make a little something on the side! A delay of some length should allow a small amount of wiggle room for a quick ‘edit’ or a rushed shutdown in case of a situation that may have legal implications….c’mon…think about it!

Overall…..7/10

The end….

wow, 7/10.

Sucks.
They are wasting a great cast.

Last year it was a soap - remember it was all about Estelle/Ryan sucking face right about now.
This year it's a friggin game show format.

There is nothing real about this crap. All the reality we have is appearances and what WE can dig up to make of these people ( thanks to the playlist poster).

Tahan- hot hot HOT and not just a pretty face! Whinged a bit when punished (what did she expect!) but has come into her own with highlights including 1) calling out Tully when she tried to put in Mik for butting in...

And what did Tully do in response? Absolutely nothing but listen to Tahan and take in all in. Tully took it on the chin. She didn't flinch. She didn't cry. She didn't sook or sulk. That is a sign of a strong and mature person. If it was anyone else, like Mikkayla, they would be shouting back and talking over Tahan, but not Tully.

In saying this I am in no way putting Tahan down. I think Tahan and Tully are equally great.

And what did Tully do in response? Absolutely nothing but listen to Tahan and take in all in. Tully took it on the chin. She didn't flinch. She didn't cry. She didn't sook or sulk. That is a sign of a strong and mature person. If it was anyone else, like Mikkayla, they would be shouting back and talking over Tahan, but not Tully.

In saying this I am in no way putting Tahan down. I think Tahan and Tully are equally great.

Actually, I remember Tully ignoring Tahan and then walked out sulking. She doesn't even have the balls to say, you know what, you're right. Maybe I should watch that.

She's a sulk and a cry baby.

Anyway, I think that week 2 has been great.

I know what some people mean about the edits - when the housemates nominated Sharon, Jas and Mikkayla, I had no idea they were bossy/annoying. We didn't really get to see that.

And yes, I also wish they had a -real- live feed on the website like the old days, they were great. But I guess I can understand that it would impede on any potential twists (which I loooove).

But all in all, love it. Love the house, the people and the staff who bring it to our TV screens nearly everyday!

I would love an explanation from Alex M or someone else after Launch Night as to why each Housemate was selected. E.g. What caught the producers eye about them. A little piece on each Housemate on the Official Website would be great. There are so many housemates I would love to find out why they were selected.

Jade is someone who I can not work out why she was chosen. What made her standout over all of the other females that auditioned? She seems like such a normal girl who doesn't really have anything different about her.

Actually, I remember Tully ignoring Tahan and then walked out sulking. She doesn't even have the balls to say, you know what, you're right. Maybe I should watch that.

She's a sulk and a cry baby.

I compliment her for not talking back and you condemn her for not talking back. Wow.

I compliment her for not talking back and you condemn her for not talking back. Wow.

Wow. It is easy to just walk away, I was just saying she could at least take criticism into consideration instead of criticising everyone else! I mean, yeah, great that she didn't yell back, but Tahan wasn't arguing with her, so there's no points giving Tully props for that.

I thought both girls handled it pretty well...Tahan for being up front yet considered and Tully for not turning it into a drama....I think she was taken aback ( maybe her circle of friends aren't as direct)and therefore not sure how to respond so although it looked a touch sulky walking away was not a bad response......another would have been to simply take the piss out of herself and change the subject!!

Back