Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Better competition

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The competitive format

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pre-recorded months ago

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
Bahahahaha. This is going to hit some wicked lows over the next few weeks.

Also worth noting how it didn't even get the clickbaiters interested. As I couldn't be bothered watching I had a google for any news articles on it and there were very few in comparison to what the last couple of series of Seven might get for an episode.

Very low numbers all round but certainly concerning numbers for BBVIP. Apparently cup eve has traditionally low numbers (as per TV tonight) didn’t know that, wonder why.
That parenting show certainly isn’t for me, not interested in the slightest. Hope BBVIP can improve.

Bearing in mind the length of these eps, it could make up some good ground on catch up over the next two weeks. Witness even the loyal on here who were tossing up whether to watch live or not.

Bearing in mind the length of these eps, it could make up some good ground on catch up over the next two weeks. Witness even the loyal on here who were tossing up whether to watch live or not.
The episode isn't that long once you remove the ads. It was only about 15 minutes longer than most episodes of the regular show that aired earlier in the year.

Very low numbers all round but certainly concerning numbers for BBVIP. Apparently cup eve has traditionally low numbers (as per TV tonight) didn’t know that, wonder why.
That parenting show certainly isn’t for me, not interested in the slightest. Hope BBVIP can improve.
Cup eve in Melbourne is similar to Christmas Eve, parties everywhere, lots of fun, festive atmosphere
I expect tv will have horrendous ratings all summer, we are set free......people will be out all the time😊

...hl5 dj
Cup eve in Melbourne is similar to Christmas Eve, parties everywhere, lots of fun, festive atmosphere
I expect tv will have horrendous ratings all summer, we are set free......people will be out all the time😊

Yep. Was at Dromana today and it was packed. But Cup eve didn’t affect the ratings for Masterchef that much or 9’s new show. I think this was just a case of people not being interested in the celebrities 7 got for BB. I am expecting much more excitement and way higher ratings for the All Star version of BB next year.

...hl5 dj

Yep. Was at Dromana today and it was packed. But Cup eve didn’t affect the ratings for Masterchef that much or 9’s new show. I think this was just a case of people not being interested in the celebrities 7 got for BB. I am expecting much more excitement and way higher ratings for the All Star version of BB next year.
I’m not sure “didn’t affect” is accurate. I’m sure 9 were hoping /expecting for more than 600k

Not really sure what they expecting when most of the names aren't recognisable nor relevant. Besides the shock value of Caitlyn Jenner, these "VIPs" are definitely not big enough to warrant a buzz or compelling viewing, and the casual audience won't tune in to see Kyle Sandiland's ex-gf and ex footy players. I'd assume the pandemic didn't help, but other celeb shows like Celeb Apprentice and IACGMOOH have done a better job casting bigger names.

I can't see the ratings doing any better - yikes.

That's the thing - people generally like to see likeable people on TV, and if they're not likeable they need to have a love to hate vibe. A cast of people that viewers just hate - or even worse, don't even care about, is just not going to fly.

These sort of shows are never going to cast big name stars but they should be able to cast familar faces at least so the most viewers would recognise most of them, even if not familar with them. I thought the first season and second seasons of SAS Australia seemed well cast - as a Brit I recognised many of them from my years keeping an eye on the Aussie media landscape, though not so much for the upcoming third season.

Here there are certain names which have been bought in as supposed "big stars" which actually just bring the whole show down - clearly I'm talking about Thomas Merkle. Even if unknown those cast should at least have some kind of noteable talent behind them or recognition within the field they are from. Luke Toki is a fairly lazy cast by Seven but is one of the most noteable to play Australian Survivor, so ticks that box well. I'm not familar at all with the other reality stars and influencers so no clue what they bring to the table, but ultimately they appeal to the people who aren't going to be watching anyway. If you're of the social media generation why would you watch an edit of someone in a house from three months ago when you can watch them drop content daily on TikTok and Instagram?

Caitlyn Jenner is a very good get - I hated the Kardashians and don't agree at all with their politics but they bring far more to the table than being a vacuous reality personality. Omarosa is somewhat in that ballpark too, but does she really have any relevance to the viewers at home? I only know of her from her stint on the US version of Celebrity Big Brother.

Beyond that though it seems to be just a couple of footy stars who at least have had some success rather than the failed footy stars that end up on the regular version most years and a couple of names with recognition - but similar to the issue both Celeb BBUK had and also the main series on Seven it is clear this is a cast that beforehand the producers have pretty much split into the stars and the extras - so the three Americans will get much of the early airtime, and then it'll be the Danny Show once again.

Wait. Am I reading this correctly?

I was hoping it’d be a low number, but I didn’t expect it to be that low.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back