Skip to main content

BB 2020: A Series of Post-Production Faux Pas

Was there ever a reason given by a housemate on social media since last night on why the ninth episode ended on Day 20, but episode 10 started on Day 22? We've mysteriously lost an entire day - if the onscreen day count on the episode is correct.
We have worked it out to be a day off given to the housemates. Apparently in an earlier episode it was even mentioned that there was an off day with no planned activities. (Probably Sunday or something like that?)

We have worked it out to be a day off given to the housemates. Apparently in an earlier episode it was even mentioned that there was an off day with no planned activities. (Probably Sunday or something like that?)
Not quite. You’re confusing these with the “rest days” Allan described. From my understanding, it became apparent early this season that the challenge/eviction cycle happened on a rotation every two days. The “rest day” was merely what Allan referred to as their day in between. Not an actual “day off” (which should not exist).

The broadcast episodes also skipped a day between episodes 6 and 7.

At the end of the day, this is Big Brother - content should be produced around the clock regardless.

Was there ever a reason given by a housemate on social media since last night on why the ninth episode ended on Day 20, but episode 10 started on Day 22? We've mysteriously lost an entire day - if the onscreen day count on the episode is correct.

Maybe there was a lack of interesting footage as this season the housemates have rest days between evictions.

I was thinking if during the nomination game, they don’t actually have any voice going, but they make it seem like there is by having bb comment and then the housemates responding. I feel like the comments the hms have been making ‘in response to bb’ in the games have been responses to other hm’s or just general statements but they’ve edited to look like bb was talking live and the hm’s are responding to him. If the voice was added in post production, it seems odd to have a producer talking and making comments especially with all the confusion going on in the games and I feel like the sneaky comments wouldn’t have the same effect if done in a general speaking voice.

The way they're desperately trying to cobble together a sympathetic edit for Kieran so they can inch him towards the win is like pushing shit uphill. Literally.

Every week there's been a day missing. I didn't notice it on Day 6-7 but Day 14 was definitely missing and so was Day 21. Sundays are days of rest in the House, maybe?

In the challenge where housemates feet were holding the balls in the backyard, one of the housemates I think it was Casey or Sophie was eliminated and then in the next shot, it showed them back in it.

They played audio for Angie’s nomination For Casey as “all she does is tan tan tan” but the actual nomination can be seen on the extended vote video. So stupid.

I can't load it on 7plus at the moment, but I'm sure that during the opening of the episode of 23/6 we saw the recap of Garth being evicted, then were shown a "later" night scene of the housemates sleeping, whose number included... Garth!
I fact checked this and I don't think you are right... Can't see Garth at all. Sorry!
23-6-2020.png

23-6-2020.png
23-6-2020.png

Last edited:
Episode 12: I watched it again and I'm sure the scene we saw at the beginning of the episode with Dan and Sarah on the couch talking about Anna actually happened after the video chat. Based on the emotion in Dan's voice, his facial expressions and topic of conversation, I am confident it was aired out-of-sequence to make it look as though his comments were the catalyst for the chat, when in fact it was the other way around.

I can’t remember where, maybe it was a DM article, but Angela was asked whether Chad and Sophie were together and her response was something along the lines of ‘no but I keep telling them to get together, they would make a good couple and I want to go to their wedding’ or something along those lines. It was taken as Angela revealing they have broken up ... maybe it was Angela revealing that they weren’t actually even together to start with O_O

Claim that even Chad and Sophie’s ‘relationship’ has been selectively edited to make it appear that they are closer than what they actually are.

I'm starting to think this could be true. I found it odd that one ep they were innocently chatting, cut to the next ep they're cuddling in bed together. I mean, I know they're not showing us much interactions, but the jump seems extreme.

Back