Skip to main content

Bachelor In Paradise 2019

There's something seriously wrong with Jamie. No one should act the way he does, let alone a 40 year old. He's far too emotional, needy and clingy and does not seem to grasp social cues at all.

Ah nooooo Jamie goooone. He kept bringing entertainment, no matter what you thought about him. Most unfortunate that he could not find a hidden immunity idol... Hang on, wrong show but I can have a wish!

I still have not seen the earlier episodes, as I don’t have good internet until the weekend & came in late, so I’m not really understanding why Brittney was assumed to be saving Jamie by everyone.

Brittney & Cass are interesting to watch in the time being. I’m not sure which one of them I find to be the better person at this stage, they both seem interesting. Leaning towards Cass as she has been quite funny and she respectfully went on that date with what’s his name? Ronjesh or something. Brittney seems classy and they are all gonna bring em fireworks!

Don't misunderstand me - I loved watching Jamie but in a train wreck kind of way. I should be ashamed of myself for laughing at him but I'm not because he signed up for the show although I'm not sure that he should have especially because it now seems that he's suing.

So Jamie is going to pursue Helena on the outside. Jeepers.

This 'bro code' thing is toxic.
The whole ownership of women thing because you once dated them. So no one you know is allowed to go near them,. and it even extends as far as Timm blacklisting Matt because Renee once went out with Ciarran.

I could understand it if they were actual brothers - most wouldn't date their siblings ex-husband or wife, but it makes no sense in extended friendship circles.

So Jamie is going to pursue Helena on the outside. Jeepers.

This 'bro code' thing is toxic.
The whole ownership of women thing because you once dated them. So no one you know is allowed to go near them,. and it even extends as far as Timm blacklisting Matt because Renee once went out with Ciarran.

I could understand it if they were actual brothers - most wouldn't date their siblings ex-husband or wife, but it makes no sense in extended friendship circles.
Also what's worse is that it was hardly dating.. They're all getting to know each other for gawd sakes! If everyone else was ok with it, then why make this big 'bro code' shake on it with his "mates"... But by the looks of the preview, it's gonna get sum nasty. How was that preview ey!! Predicting a walk off soon.

I feel really bad for Jamie. I wonder if he also didn't realise/remember there were cameras in the bure or whatever you call those little shacks? Most of his most extremely embarrassing stuff ('Timmm! Don't go!') was done 'in private'; only it wasn't. They did make him the butt of a lot of jokes all season, but he served up the footage unfortunately. Or fortunately, as it was very funny and amazing. I enjoyed Timm's confessional last night re Jamie, 'You're mad. I love it.' But I was remembering the times they put his words in big rolling letters on the screen to emphasise how wacky he was, and I suppose it is a sort of editorial bullying/ritual humiliation for the sake of laughs. He really needs to own it and try to laugh it off, and learn from it. Mind you, he didn't learn after getting the stage-five clinger edit on his previous appearance. I don't think the poor chap is very bright. I feel bad for laughing at his ridiculousness, but also relieved he's gone. The tension in his face and neck did my head in. It will be interesting to see how his legal case goes.

Agree smaller well-edited doses of Timm on Bach'ette was better.

You cannot sue for being stupid
Jamie has nothing to sue for, and he is just proving he is an actual moron
You have seen him struggle to use a sipping water bottle that babies can navigate, come on people
You have seen those dead dumb eyes, just fantasy goes on in there, no actual thinking

He is old enough to be a father to most of them.....that adds creepiness
He chose to do this, twice, he is an arrogant fool

Alicia has totally changed my view
She seemed a nasty bitch in bachelor
Then last series with that dickhead she was likeable
And now, really like her...and glen

I think he is a really simple soul. A big muscley meathead with probably a very low IQ. But he is also a firefighter, so good on him. He is probably just spouting off, after seeing how silly he looked all season. I don't think he'd have a leg to stand on, legally, and Ten says they've not received any legal papers from him.

Disgraced fire fighter remember
He was sacked
NSW made him remove their logo
Apparently he does work for private firms now, what would that entail? Checking fire alarms and equipment I guess
He says.... he did a shit load of drugs and partying in a former life, maybe he blew his brain cells that way

I feel really bad for Jamie. I wonder if he also didn't realise/remember there were cameras in the bure or whatever you call those little shacks? Most of his most extremely embarrassing stuff ('Timmm! Don't go!') was done 'in private'; only it wasn't. They did make him the butt of a lot of jokes all season, but he served up the footage unfortunately. Or fortunately, as it was very funny and amazing. I enjoyed Timm's confessional last night re Jamie, 'You're mad. I love it.'

Hahaha I loved that statement. That was something that Timm would take a dig at and love it!
Will we get to see that super close friend of Timm in this show - the one we saw in Bachelorette that warned Angie about Timm being a bit of a party boy-- OMG I hope so!! 😅

Just gonna recap Jamie's lines to Tim here for posterity : " I always get so emotional hey. I never thought I would feel like that about someone. I'd be talking to her and I would be busting to go to the toilet ... And.... I would rather piss my pants and sit there and talk to her ... than go the toilet. And I would just hang on and hang on and hang on. Because I just didn't want to leave her." 🙈

And so, Jamie was dreaming about Megan Marx as his future partner in Tuesday's episode and then Wednesday night's ep was having butterflies in his tummy thinking about Helena ? It seems I have been missing something on these prior episodes, can't wait to catchup! I kinda feel sorry for the guy but he sure knows how to contain himself and seems blissfully unaware of how he comes across to others.

I still think that people who appear dumb might be geniuses in something that you would least expect. Dating would certainly not be one of those things.

There is maybe a woman somewhere out there for him, but he needs a mothering / nurturing type figure. But, with some of the things he says sometimes... I don't even know.

Last edited:
As if Britt & Tim could last,not a hope in hell
She has class
He has.....hmm

I just had a laugh at a vision in my head.......Tim/Ciarran/most of them.....will very soon be past their use by date
Youth is their main attraction
And those 2 especially will not age well with all the scrible all over, and likely they will be bald intheir 30s

Apparently they broke up soon after leaving paradise and he is now back with his ex.

Hmm.
Niranga claims the racist contestant is also complaining of receiving a bad edit.
Several contestants this season have blamed a “bad edit” for their portrayal, including Cassandra Mamone, Keira Maguire and Jamie Doran
And it's not Jamie :
In Niranga’s Instagram story today, he defended Jamie, writing: “People like Jamie got over the top edits. Love you bro.”

I think he is a really simple soul. A big muscley meathead with probably a very low IQ. But he is also a firefighter, so good on him. He is probably just spouting off, after seeing how silly he looked all season. I don't think he'd have a leg to stand on, legally, and Ten says they've not received any legal papers from him.
Yeah, that's the conclusion I've had to come to in trying to understand Jamie. He is just a really dumb guy.

Reactions: kxk

The part about the audio being edited and spliced together to create a narrative is no surprise. This happened many times on this season of BB too. It is very deceitful and in many cases damaging because a lot of people believe anything they hear on TV.

^^ It's been going on for a long while now. I know of a couple who were on that shitty House Rules and they suffered the same 'bad edit'. Yes, they said what they said but it was taken completely out of context in the situations portrayed on tv.

I think BB’s chopping and splicing is much worse than this show, though. In BB the editing was incredibly disconcerting, at least the editing in BIP is tolerable and feels less like the editor was editing while high on methamphetamine and marijuana cigarettes. :cool:

Back