Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Renewed, casting open

Can I will say one thing or more about the casting? I have learned or at least appears to me that the Australians just seem to enjoy life or, have more enthusiasm and seem to much less complain or whine about their circumstances. I'm wondering if it's a overall kind of national happiness or something with life that doesn't seem to revolve around making the most money or having the biggest house. People here seem to want to be interesting and entertaining and have Full lives much more than they seem to care about owning the latest handbag.

Of course some do care about superficial stuff. But I found the Australians to look for more out of life than most of the Americans, or at least the New Yorkers ,that I'm around every day

Can I will say one thing or more about the casting? I have learned or at least appears to me that the Australians just seem to enjoy life or, have more enthusiasm and seem to much less complain or whine about their circumstances. I'm wondering if it's a overall kind of national happiness or something with life that doesn't seem to revolve around making the most money or having the biggest house. People here seem to want to be interesting and entertaining and have Full lives much more than they seem to care about owning the latest handbag.

Of course some do care about superficial stuff. But I found the Australians to look for more out of life than most of the Americans, or at least the New Yorkers ,that I'm around every day

...as I mentioned before Rose711... when I first came to Australia I found their shit-stirring took a lot of getting used to but not only that...but also their 'no worries' attitude too... nothing seemed to phase them... they were so laid back and never panicked about anything... if World War III started up and they saw a nuclear bomb mushroom cloud go up in the distance they would've probably said... "yeah... that be right... World War III just started... better go to war I suppose"... but that was back in the 60's... it may have changed a tad bit now but yes... as an 'outsider' looking in I obviously can't speak for the Aussies themselves can I even though I've been here going on 50 years can I?... as I said... they're a funny bunch but I can't help loving them lol!... cheers.

It's a rough country, unsuitable for the British folk who invaded it, and you had to have a sense of humour, a fighting spirit, and a care for those in your immediate community to survive here. That spirit, from the early settlers, and the freed convicts, and then what came out of the ANZAC soldiers in Gallipoli and the trenches of Europe in the First World War particularly, set up a national ethos of mateship and camaraderie that has run deep. Lots of naughty Irish and cockney English folk came out here as convicts just for stealing a loaf of bread, and I think our cheeky humour stems from them. Then we've had wave after wave of migrants from all over the world - people wanting a better life, people determined to rebuild their lives after great horror and tragedy, and most people are pretty appreciative we live in an overall safe, sunny, spacious country, surrounded by blue seas.

It's a rough country, unsuitable for the British folk who invaded it, and you had to have a sense of humour, a fighting spirit, and a care for those in your immediate community to survive here. That spirit, from the early settlers, and the freed convicts, and then what came out of the ANZAC soldiers in Gallipoli and the trenches of Europe in the First World War particularly, set up a national ethos of mateship and camaraderie that has run deep. Lots of naughty Irish and cockney English folk came out here as convicts just for stealing a loaf of bread, and I think our cheeky humour stems from them. Then we've had wave after wave of migrants from all over the world - people wanting a better life, people determined to rebuild their lives after great horror and tragedy, and most people are pretty appreciative we live in an overall safe, sunny, spacious country, surrounded by blue seas.

...^^^^... now That Rose711 is such a great post that sums up your question... well written Melore... cheers.

Back