Skip to main content

Australian Survivor Ratings

How do you get to be one of the households counted in the ratings?

I have no idea. No one in my family has ever been asked (and we've watched a lot of tv between us over the years so we often ask the same question).

I have no idea. No one in my family has ever been asked (and we've watched a lot of tv between us over the years so we often ask the same question).
They still use people meters. The households each take part for I think a three year term. I guess catch up views get counted from their respective website data. So if you don't have a people meter or use web catch up, it you won't have any effect on the ratings whether you watch it or not.

TEN also did dire business on Saturday when it could not manage 100,000 viewers after 7:45pm and a measly 5.1% primary channel share.

Ten really does have a problem. Even that Zumbo show on Seven still scored a million viewers...! Wtf!

Survivor peaked at 786,000 viewers, rather better than the figure I posted earlier.

Info: TVTonight

TEN need to strip the length of the show to two 1 hour episodes a week on either Sunday (AT 7PM) and Monday (7.30PM), or Monday and Tuesday (7.30PM).

I think 10 made a mistake in not having any way to tap into the online community for this show. They blanked giving Survivor Oz access, even though that podcast had built a large audience for survivor.

They should have the contestants out doing interviews and the host doing post show wrap ups. As an American, it's odd not to see loads of articles and podcasts and blogs about the show because we get a lot of fan content. For the US show there are 4 weekly podcasts that are quite popular and several others with smaller audiences. There are also several exit interviews with magazines and blogs from the contestants including one with the host.

This show is really good. My fear was putting it on 3 nights would be a mistake because it becomes too familiar. Guess we will see what happens.

TEN need to strip the length of the show to two 1 hour episodes a week on either Sunday (AT 7PM) and Monday (7.30PM), or Monday and Tuesday (7.30PM).
I agree the show is too long in parts. Agree too that three nights is too much.

I think with some clever strategy from TEN, Survivor could rate more if they focused on scheduling and the length of the show.

Bizarrely, Zumbo beat both The Block and Survivor last night, although there's not a lot in it, and you would have to say the numbers for all three shows are decidedly average:

ZUMBO’S JUST DESSERTS Seven 880,000

THE BLOCK -TUE Nine 792,000

AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES TEN 728,000

That's a pretty big dip for The Block though.

Zumbo probably picked up viewers waiting for 800 Words and Winners & Losers.

It seems to be a pretty even split between the three channels overall.

Survivor seems to be creeping up on The Block though *fingers crossed*

Hopefully last nights twist will be enough to attract some more viewers! It's doing well in the demos and online. The positivity fans have been emiting should keep the producers pleased for now in Australian Survivor's early weeks.

Back