Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 15 Discussion

You're going on Survivor. What would you like to take?

• Shoe strings

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Chewing gum

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Sunglasses

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Condoms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teddy bear

• Vibrator

• Turnip

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Mixed

• Overly revealing swimwear

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are we sure Alex Mavroidakis isn't in charge of the twists.

There are getting so stupid & more of them to keep in the players they want.

I just think that the producers know who is going to be voted out by obviously hearing all the conversations around camp & in the confessionals etc, so if it is someone they want eliminated then they are directed along the eviction path to the west and out they go. However, if its someone they want to stay in the game, like somebody who is creating a good story line - then once evicted they are directed to walk to eviction path to the south and they will come to the sign that states they are not yet evicted...

Hayley obviously has production value in that she has major dirt on George & Cara, so the producers want that story to run its course... Thus you can't vote her off yet :cool:...

But Hayley screwed it up herself and is lucky she got back in, I think the challenge was predetermined that a lighter person would win, thus they get to send Hayley back into the game. As others have said, this challenge was not designed for a heavier person to win.

Hayley screwed up her chance to deflect the nomination onto George by not being entirely convincing. Anyone who watches Survivor knows that you need to get the vote changed in camp, it is so much harder to convince people to change their vote once at tribal. Usually everyone has been worded up on which way they are voting prior to tribal, so it takes a massive effort to change votes in tribal. And as we saw, even though she dropped George right in it with 2 instances of his betrayal ie/ the Laura save/Kez vote and Flick has an idol... it was too late - the sheep had already been told who to vote for.

Hayley needed to go full on ballistic and blow up in front of everyone at camp, prior to Tribal, she didn't do this - you're fighting for your position in the tribe, you cant go half assed - you need to be 150% convincing. Some of the tribe members were still unsure if Hayley was being truthful or not, she didn't convince them well enough - she should have really emphasised the point that George wouldn't answer YES or NO to the question of lying. She did call him out, but allowed him to deflect, she should have gone to town on him and made it abundantly clear that George was lying.

I don't care if she stays or leaves, I find it annoying that when people are faced with imminent eviction they don't fight 150% and go down kicking and screaming...

So if your going to apply for Survivor and make it in, then you need to make a good story line for the producers so that they will manipulate the outcome to keep you in hahahaha :roflmao:

As annoying as George can be and as much as I think producers certainly put in the initial twist with Cara to save him, and probably his first idol too, I do feel at least with him that George's storyline is coming from George, not being curated by producers in the way we saw happen with Danny on Big Brother where the manipulation appeared much more blatant.

Hayley had probably served her usefulness to be honest - she's an interesting player but not so interesting she's worth bringing back. Indeed I think the reason the producer interference is standing out so much more this series is, IMO at least, it's a much weaker cast than previous seasons. When George is the most interesting thing about it you've got problems.

Anyhow, two more production moans. The "next time" at the end pretty much reveals who doesn't win the immunity challenge and gives a strong indication of how tribal will go. Will be amazed though if Emmett and Dani get through the episode without finding an idol.

And secondly and more general an example of blatant producer manipulation that has been in every single episode, but is so unnecessary - the vote reveal. It's no secret producers order the vote reveal but ultimately all that does is actually make it more predictable, when revealing them in a random order (obviously they shouldn't just reveal them in the order they were made) would actually make it more interesting.

These Twists are exhausting now. The purity of the show is seriously being messed around with. If they need an extended episode count why not just try redemption island? It pushes the first elimination back until the 3rd episode if they really want it to, and also takes care of the need of none elimination challenges. Obviously I would prefer them just not do fake eliminations. If you're voted out you're voted out. If theres gonna be a way for a contestant to return the opportunity needs to be equally shared, then I won't have as much dismissal towards the returnee as much as I normally would. Hayley is a great player who really got screwed over by this one sole vote twist, so I don't terribly knock her too much for this because her and Baden got screwed over. And poor Baden, really poor Baden. To be voted out by a 1-0 vote and to be eliminated via a challenge really is just plain unfair. This season is disappointing me almost a much as All Stars. From an editing standpoint it's almost as clear as day Hayley is going to come out and take this out, and they focus on the same people every episode. Hayley, George, Dani and Emmett. Flick gets mentioned here and there, but what happened to Wai after all that build up in the beginning? Laura's underdog story literally just died as well. Andrew? Who? Gerald? Who? Even Cara who was a big presence in the middle has suddenly become irrelevant. I'm in the middle of rewatching S1 in 2016 and Jesus Christ the editing balance is beyond different, actually the show itself feels incredibly different. I am not sure if Australian Survivor is heading in the right direction.
Ever since they started doing the champs vs contenders it has gone completely unbalanced. The challenges are more suited to brawn strength, editing has gotten worse to the point where they are just repeating the same people every episode despite have 3x90 minutes shows a week. The US would kill for that and say what you want about them at least they have kinda kept the integrity of the game still. Not this twist for sake of twist

I think after David, they were going to struggle

Whether you like or hated David, he was entertaining.

People either watched to see what he would do next or watch hoping he would be booted.

Same thing with BB on 9 with Tim Dormer.

I know it's unlikely to be Wai making a big move, but she's gonna make it to the end only to be someone's goat if she doesn't. Who knows, maybe it's her time to shine? If so, you saw it here first. 😁

Ever since they started doing the champs vs contenders it has gone completely unbalanced. The challenges are more suited to brawn strength, editing has gotten worse to the point where they are just repeating the same people every episode despite have 3x90 minutes shows a week. The US would kill for that and say what you want about them at least they have kinda kept the integrity of the game still. Not this twist for sake of twist

Is this the same US Survivor that introduced edge of extinction and the fire tokens?

Really sad that Chelsea had to leave the game like that. It’s never a nice way to end the game. Not even having a chance to say goodbye to the others either and no chance to be in the jury (unless they bend the rules for her). She also has a great pair of tits.

I don’t believe anything about what certain people are implying in here that it’s manufactured to save favourites. Listen to the Golden God on his podcast or IG and he clears that all up.

Also if production were all about saving favourites, then why wasn't Simon saved? Or Shannon? Or Gavin? Joey? All solid gold for production. Yet they save Cara? Come on guys, that is natural course. It’s the game. This is a class above Big Brother ch 7, so don’t even compare.

Also, it must be said that, the producers already know who wins before they start editing. So they can build a narrative around those who get to the end. If we are not seeing much of players like Andrew, it is clearly because he is not going to be in the final 2 / 3. Do I embrace this method? Yes & no, I understand we need to see the winners narrative but I think there is plenty of time to obfuscate things way more.

Really sad that Chelsea had to leave the game like that. It’s never a nice way to end the game. Not even having a chance to say goodbye to the others either and no chance to be in the jury (unless they bend the rules for her). She also has a great pair of tits.

I don’t believe anything about what certain people are implying in here that it’s manufactured to save favourites. Listen to the Golden God on his podcast or IG and he clears that all up.

Also if production were all about saving favourites, then why wasn't Simon saved? Or Shannon? Or Gavin? Joey? All solid gold for production. Yet they save Cara? Come on guys, that is natural course. It’s the game. This is a class above Big Brother ch 7, so don’t even compare.

Also, it must be said that, the producers already know who wins before they start editing. So they can build a narrative around those who get to the end. If we are not seeing much of players like Andrew, it is clearly because he is not going to be in the final 2 / 3. Do I embrace this method? Yes & no, I understand we need to see the winners narrative but I think there is plenty of time to obfuscate things way more.

They can manipulate situations and assist contestants in any way, but they cant make the contestants actually physically do what they want them to do. They can plant an idol for someone but they cant make the contestant find it. They can make a challenge that suits a specific person but they cant make them win it. Of course they would like Simon and be super happy he has 2 idols, but they have to bank on him playing them. Natural course is how it works, but the producers throw what they want in there to help specific people, however it doesn't always go they way they would intend it to.

Hasn't it actually been more the opposite - those who feature heavily early in the season often don't last the season and the eventual winner is barely noticed before the latter stages of merge.

From the edit at the moment I'd be sure as anything George, Emmett, Hayley and Dani don't make it to the end, whilst with the likes of Andrew and Flick we only seem to know their name, and that's about it. Indeed at the moment I'd put my money on an original Brain winning.

P.S. Agree Brains v Brawn has basically turned into Champions v Contenders in a different guise and a more random split would be welcome next time. City v Country could be interesting. I wouldn't mind a return to three tribes iniitally as in the first season on Ten.

Hasn't it actually been more the opposite - those who feature heavily early in the season often don't last the season and the eventual winner is barely noticed before the latter stages of merge.

From the edit at the moment I'd be sure as anything George, Emmett, Hayley and Dani don't make it to the end, whilst with the likes of Andrew and Flick we only seem to know their name, and that's about it. Indeed at the moment I'd put my money on an original Brain winning.

P.S. Agree Brains v Brawn has basically turned into Champions v Contenders in a different guise and a more random split would be welcome next time. City v Country could be interesting. I wouldn't mind a return to three tribes iniitally as in the first season on Ten.
They won't go back to 3 tribes because JLP admitted in a pre season interview on RHAP, that it's more the cost for production to have another camp they have to deal with and also they don't think much of their audience to think they won't understand 3 tribes etc. It's aimed at for the more casual viewer and trying to do well in ratings so have to have twist after twist that doesn't make sense and got severe backlash online but pretty much like the Big Brother producers, they don't care.

Fair point that a third tribe means additional costs with a third camp to film and set up.

Haven't the ratings somewhat fallen after a fairly strong start and holding up relatively well against the Olympics?

Back