Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 1 Discussion

Brains or Brawn?

• Brains

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Brawn

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
With that heat couldn’t you even do it with someone’s glasses
I considered that but glasses often have plastic lenses and that wouldn't work because they would melt before they started a fire in that heat. BUT if the lenses were real glass that's a different matter and along with some dry gum leaves you'd have a fire going in no time.

I now see the correlation between Survivor and 7's version of BB. As advertised, it is Survivor in a house, but it is a far inferior version to this version and not at all what BB is supposed to be. It's really illustrated to me just how stupid and irrelevant that show has become in trying to be something it's not instead of something that was different.

…it was the knitted crocodile hat that did it Phil… you should never had worn it… it showed that you were ‘unique’… people don’t like that sadly… cheers.

Reactions: kxk
I really enjoyed that. I thought the edit made it clear that George was going to save Wei. I was expecting Mitch to go but I was shocked to see Phill leave. I'm disappointed as he seemed to be fun casting but I'm happy I was blindsided. George is giving me big Russell Hantz / Danny Hayes vibes, I predict he will either be a loosing finalists or cut at the very end after being a huge player.

I considered that but glasses often have plastic lenses and that wouldn't work because they would melt before they started a fire in that heat. BUT if the lenses were real glass that's a different matter and along with some dry gum leaves you'd have a fire going in no time.
Oh, that's an interesting thought.

I'll always remember on US Survivor a contestant broke his prescription glasses in half and used them to start fire - and spent the rest of the season with them joined together with a bandaid, as I recall. If I was going on Survivor, I'd bring glasses.

…well… that was a great show tonight… as much as I don’t like George… what he did at saving Wai tonight and really stuffing up Mitch’s plans was quite fun to watch… poor Phil… Mitch should’ve gone… but that’s Survivor… so much better than Big Brother… loved this episode… I hope that the rest are just as good… I missed not seeing our good friends Timmy and February and others etc posting along with us tonight but you can’t have everything I guess?… but thanks for the fun folks… you’ve all been great… nite all… cheers.

Great first episode.
Though I still wish Jonathan would stop saying "zip".

It's a shame novelty hat guy went, but someone had to after the tables were turned.
I don't mind the hot doctor, he's the only eye candy on the whole show.
I'd have preferred the dodgy politician to have gone, but of course he 'found' the advantage.

The setting made me nostalgic, seeing as I used to be from Broken Hill.
The 45 degree days and freezing nights are a real thing, as are bearded dragons and cockies everywhere.

I actually thought the premiere was kind of shit :3 That kind of advantage for the first TC is lame as hell and I just can't handle how these episodes are so long and the editors still ignore so many people. I don't know, I think this show's just kind of gone downhill after 2017 and the editing is just unforgivable to me.

It really infuriated me that George put the lid of the water well face down on the dirt, instead of holding onto it - or leaning it carefully against the water well, as the doctor he envies did. What a pig! And that's aside from his obnoxious confessionals.

Thinking about it this morning, I realised there isn't anyone that stands out to me from either tribe as instantly fun and likeable - like Luke Toki or the Golden God... I'm sure they'll be interesting enough as the season goes along. But there doesn't seem to be anyone with extra spark or charm.

The wildlife shots are great, though! I love that we see our native fauna and the landscape. And those two challenge builds were pretty impressive - especially after watching the current Survivor South Africa, where it's endless swim out to a buoy, untie a knot swim back and run up a slope and do a puzzle or whatnot.

But fuck Ten for those intrusive ads all through the opening episode down by their logo. If that continues, grrrrrrr.....

I just have to say I love this show sooooooo much more than current BB. This 90 minutes is just flying buy and not a minute of it has dragged on.
That was awesome. So much better than BBAU - I'm seriously considering dumping BB now. Well I will probably give VIP a look but anyway.

Mitch should’ve gone… but that’s Survivor… so much better than Big Brother… loved this episode… I hope that the rest are just as good… I missed not seeing our good friends Timmy and February and others etc posting along with us tonight but you can’t have everything I guess?
I wish I could watch it live with you guys Sticky, but Channel 10 refuses to play via my VPN.

And FML I got spoilt anyway because while I was downloading the ep last night I forgot I was following Aus Survivor on FB and they splashed the evictee in my face unexpectedly and I couldn't unsee that. UNFOLLOWED.

If anyone has a VPN can you please try setting it to an Australian server and see if 10 will play for you? And if so, maybe share your login/password with me? I promise only to use it for Survivor (and Gogglebox when it returns). Pretty please?

I still wish Jonathan would stop saying "zip".
Amen to that. Jeff Probst he is not. And I don't even like it when Probst says it.

George should have set up an alliance earlier so he could use them to vote out Mitchell when he played his advantage. He had enough time to do that. But now he wasted his advantage and put a target on his back.

That was awesome. So much better than BBAU - I'm seriously considering dumping BB now. Well I will probably give VIP a look but anyway.

I wish I could watch it live with you guys Sticky, but Channel 10 refuses to play via my VPN.

And FML I got spoilt anyway because while I was downloading the ep last night I forgot I was following Aus Survivor on FB and they splashed the evictee in my face unexpectedly and I couldn't unsee that. UNFOLLOWED.

If anyone has a VPN can you please try setting it to an Australian server and see if 10 will play for you? And if so, maybe share your login/password with me? I promise only to use it for Survivor (and Gogglebox when it returns). Pretty please?

Amen to that. Jeff Probst he is not. And I don't even like it when Probst says it.
Joining you viewing on delay, since my son fucked up tv
Only have 2 live channels and both unreliable
Have to watch everything on delay
Will be functioning again when I get a new ariel....broke that yesterday also

Lockdown makes it a problem shopping, Ariel delivery is 2 weeks!

Joining you viewing on delay, since my son fucked up tv
Only have 2 live channels and both unreliable
Have to watch everything on delay
Will be functioning again when I get a new ariel....broke that yesterday also

Lockdown makes it a problem shopping, Ariel delivery is 2 weeks!
O noes! Just something that might help could be to pull the antenna cable from the TV and reinsert it and make sure it's snug (and the other end to the wall outlet as well). Might help stabilise reception in the interim.

Reactions: kxk
Back