Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 1 Discussion

Brains or Brawn?

• Brains

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Brawn

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Phil deserved to go solely due to the stupid hat. I'm team George in the George vs. Mitch contest. Thought I was going to hate George, but there's plenty of time for that, unless he goes soon.

The Brains made two dumb moves. First to choose the puzzle over the log. Clearly the puzzle was an unknown quantity and the log was just a log. And the fatal decision not to let the guy who just learnt how to successfully use the catapult continue.

Love Survivor!

Hey, just out of curiosity, tell me if this works? https://live.10play.com.au/10NSW/stream.m3u8 Can substitute NSW for VIC, QLD etc in there.

Cc @kxk
No. It says “Opps, can't find what you're looking for.”

Opps lol

I’m not very au fait with vpn stuff, but have you tried a smart DNS? I use getflix to access US Netflix and Hulu. In the settings it seems you can turn on the Australian channels!?

Attachments

• 5C9587C5-27CD-4183-ADFA-2097D20B347C.png
    5C9587C5-27CD-4183-ADFA-2097D20B347C.png
    288 KB · Views: 2
No. It says “Opps, can't find what you're looking for.”

Opps lol

I’m not very au fait with vpn stuff, but have you tried a smart DNS? I use getflix to access US Netflix and Hulu. In the settings it seems you can turn on the Australian channels!?
Thanks. I just want someone to personally confirm one that actually works with 10, as I recently tried two others by paying up front, and then had to get refunded, which took weeks. And then my current one expired so I decided to stay with the devil I knew (coincidentally also the cheapest). It works with everything except 10's channels. Getflix says it works for 10 but I need confirmation because I'm just too tired.

Thanks. I just want someone to personally confirm one that actually works with 10, as I recently tried two others by paying up front, and then had to get refunded, which took weeks. And then my current one expired so I decided to stay with the devil I knew (coincidentally also the cheapest). It works with everything except 10's channels. Getflix says it works for 10 but I need confirmation because I'm just too tired.
So I just turned that channel group on to Australia and started watching on ten play app on my Apple TV. So I guess it works 🤷🏽‍♂️
Getflix has a free 14day trial

I think that hat and his face will stay with me for a while!
Who was the first evicted from any previous series? I could not tell you.
My memory is pretty bad anyway, but I don’t think many would…. Not including the All Stars and only because she was a previous winner 🤣

So I just turned that channel group on to Australia and started watching on ten play app on my Apple TV. So I guess it works 🤷🏽‍♂️
Getflix has a free 14day trial
Thanks. tbh it says my email is already in use, but it doesn't accept my password and the forgotten password function says the captcha failed (which could be because it doesn't display any captcha in the first place). And I searched my email and couldn't find anything from them previously, even though I have a very vague recollection of having tried it ages ago. Hmm I dunno.

EDIT: Turns out Brave was blocking the Captcha. In any case it won't let me log in, presumably because I had a free trial which expired.

Last edited:
Who was the first evicted from any previous series? I could not tell you.
My memory is pretty bad anyway, but I don’t think many would…. Not including the All Stars and only because she was a previous winner 🤣
I wouldn't have a clue.
And when I watched this earlier, when I saw him, I thought- he's going 🤭
I don't even know his name.
I was just happy he left that hat behind!
Meanwhile, I'm still watching the Farmers 🙄😬🤪

In David Genat’s Insta stories atm he breaks down how he would have played the advantage. I’m not sure George had any allies to do it with but it’s a smart play.
He says you should pull your alliance together. Tell them you’ve got the advantage. Then tell them you are going to leave them all there in TC and pull everyone else out so that you are in control of the vote and your alliance votes and the doctor goes home. When you come back to camp you can also try to leverage with the people you saved to gain some favour even though your real allies are in TC, doing your dirty work.
#GoldenGod

Won't bore everyone by giving my thoughts on a three week old episode but having finally caught up on episode 1 can't help but wonder how somebody at Ten sees the stunning cinematography that Survivor Australia delivers and thinks "we need to stick a massive promo in the bottom corner". Actually ruins the episode - just fading them in and out after each break would be fine.

Back