Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brain v Brawn - Episode 11

How long could you survive on Survivor?

• Total voters
…well thanks for the great fun you wonderful folk… let’s do it again tomorrow night… nite all… sleep tight… cheers.

I can't believe I got sidetracked by a text message and missed it, but have rewound and now watching if again 🙄

We've got a blindside on our hands tomorrow. Guess that means brains win immunity tomorrow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-204227_MyFoxtel.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-204227_MyFoxtel.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 8
Ch 10 are hosting another predictable season... if Emmett was to go tonight, they would have built it up as an EPIC episode blah blah...

So when the advertising is minimal then you know its going to be a typical garden variety episode where they pick off the minority ...

And it doesn't matter how anyone states during the episode that they're going to flip and make a BIG move, because Ch 10 didn't advertise the crap out of it ;):p

Rachel is getting her intro package in Ep 11
Yeah. I now actually like and respect her as a person, but on the show, not so much.
Rachel should be just looking for idols
Or wining the immunity challenge. (ok this was foiled later in the ep)
George thinking that Cara trusts Emmet so going behind her back doesn’t exactly sit right it with me.
Cara played her idol FOR George because of the way Rachel, Laura and others were treating him.
I’m all for big moves and getting Emmett out is a big move, but I think George should have brought Cara into it.
I was thinking exactly this. I was hoping he would just lean over and whisper "Emmett" into her ear right before voting.
if Emmett was to go tonight, they would have built it up as an EPIC episode blah blah...
Quite right, and I am glad that didn't occur to me until I'd seen the vote play out. It would have been awesome, but appears there could be some awesomeness tomorrow instead.

I am confused by the programme guide saying someone would overhear a conversation though. Did I miss something? Even when you think your private conversation won't be heard by others, it almost always is. The other castaways use the overheard information to their advantage among their own tribal alliance. Or is that tomorrow's episode?

I'm not sure I like it when they throw an immunity, especially so obviously, but I'm happy with the result.
Yes, Emmett is using George and Cara and will dispose of them at merge, but Rachel and Laura would do the same, and they already blew their chances of working with or even talking to George and Cara.

Simon looks set to replace Cara as blunder of the season next time.

70mins. Does that mean I have to wait afterwards until the Block gets uploaded. #FirstWorldProblems
Haha! Same! I'm watching Survivor, the Block and the Voice atm. IF I'm home at 7.30 I pick the show that runs the longest time, then hopefully the one that runs the shortest is then up and I watch it followed by the one that is second longest...if that makes sense. IF I'm not home at 7.30 (which is most of the time more likely 8.30-9.00). I watch the show that runs the shortest first, then the two longer ones.
What waste of little fish lives 😑
Edit - oh no, they're getting bigger!
I thought so too! Even when they got bigger they still weren't big enough...only a mouthful..
…could my dream come true?… could Emmet be going at last?… keep still my beating heart!…lol!… cheers.
Nah, you don't want that!

I do not want Simon to go out next. 1. I like him and 2. I am so over seeing players go out with the idols being wasted. It happens so often in Australian Survivor.

Haha! Same! I'm watching Survivor, the Block and the Voice atm. IF I'm home at 7.30 I pick the show that runs the longest time, then hopefully the one that runs the shortest is then up and I watch it followed by the one that is second longest...if that makes sense. IF I'm not home at 7.30 (which is most of the time more likely 8.30-9.00). I watch the show that runs the shortest first, then the two longer ones.
I’ve decided to rank the order. Not necessarily on my favourite. But how I like to interact with the shows.
so I’ll watch Survivor first (so that I can participate in the live chat here), then The Block on catch up later the same night, so I can chat with my best friend about it the following day. The Voice I love but don’t really need to talk with anyone about it, so I’ll either try to catch it the following afternoon or leave it for the end of the week. Tonight I actually managed to watch all 3 but this is too late for this old man to maintain this kinda schedule. Haha.

I am confused by the programme guide saying someone would overhear a conversation though. Did I miss something? Even when you think your private conversation won't be heard by others, it almost always is. The other castaways use the overheard information to their advantage among their own tribal alliance. Or is that tomorrow's episode?
It was there, but quite subtle.
Kez overheard Rachel trying to sway George & Cara, and reported it back to Emmett, which in retrospect you can see sealed Rachel's fate.

Ugh. Survivor isn't as overly produced as BB, but when you see counter-intuitive moves like George going for Rachel instead of Emmett, and not strategising with Cara, you just know there's off-camera influences at play for the sake of narrative. This vote was the tipping point for the brains to hold a majority against the ex-brawns and now they're totally f*cked thanks to George and Cara still blindly siding with Emmett. They don't need Emmett for challenges (especially if he keeps throwing them!). They could have used his strategy and just kept going to tribal and picking off the brawns one by one leading to merge, and then the brains would have a huge majority. But that would be too predictable for the narrative. Oh boy is Emmett cocky. He definitely has it coming! Can't wait to see the smugness wiped off his face when he finally gets blind-sided.

Ugh. Survivor isn't as overly produced as BB, but when you see counter-intuitive moves like George going for Rachel instead of Emmett, and not strategising with Cara, you just know there's off-camera influences at play for the sake of narrative. This vote was the tipping point for the brains to hold a majority against the ex-brawns and now they're totally f*cked thanks to George and Cara still blindly siding with Emmett. They don't need Emmett for challenges (especially if he keeps throwing them!). They could have used his strategy and just kept going to tribal and picking off the brawns one by one leading to merge, and then the brains would have a huge majority. But that would be too predictable for the narrative. Oh boy is Emmett cocky. He definitely has it coming! Can't wait to see the smugness wiped off his face when he finally gets blind-sided.

Survivor is a social game. I don't know what Emmett's real feeling are when it comes to George. He might dislike him, he might not. But the point is that he's clearly done enough socially with George to make a connection and earn some degree of loyalty from him. Especially compared to Rachel who clearly disliked George and only at the last second made some lame blindside pitch to him. So I don't think last night's vote was due to production influence but rather the fact that Emmett is a better social player than Rachel.

Back