Skip to main content

Australian Survivor: Articles

US has TC every three days.

There are times where AU had a TC every second day, though (refer the wiki entry). There were a lot of contestants though. 55/3=18.33 would leave too many people at the end. They then made that worse by having non-elimination TCs... but presumably that was just to pad the season out with more and more TCs/episodes.

I think the writer of the article meant one tribal council televised per week.

I think the writer of the article meant one tribal council televised per week.
Yeah but they didn't write it like that so it was a bit confused. But either way, AU Survivor does have more TCs due to having non-elimination TCs and too many contestants for 55 days. Having them every second day must make for a busy taping schedule. The crew must have been exhausted by the end of it.

Yeah but they didn't write it like that so it was a bit confused. But either way, AU Survivor does have more TCs due to having non-elimination TCs and too many contestants for 55 days. Having them every second day must make for a busy taping schedule. The crew must have been exhausted by the end of it.

I'd say not enough contestants for 55 days! Survivor 33 has 20 for 39 days. People said 24 was too many, but it's only four more than 20!

I'd say not enough contestants for 55 days! Survivor 33 has 20 for 39 days. People said 24 was too many, but it's only four more than 20!
Actually yes, that is also out of control. But as I said, if AU followed US and had a TC every third day (and no silly non elimination rounds) we'd have, what, a final 6? US would have a final 7. Maybe US will have some doubles or are planning on a bunch of medevacs (there's a potential one already)

Whilst it has always been clear the Survivor is much more produced than Big Brother was (when the core format was still respected) quite surprised that they get driven to tribal council. I assumed that it would be a trek they'd have to make, perhaps guided by production assistants.

Last edited:
yeah I was really surprised by this part of the article. I guess that's why they sometimes blurt stuff out as they walk back into the camp after tribal council ....

ENJOY THE SILENCE
As tribal council is so pivotal to the show there’s a whole routine to getting the contestants to tribal and keeping their conversations for the camera. They travel in a van to the set where tribal council is filmed and a producer makes sure nobody talks to each other — as there’s no cameras there to catch what’s said that could make for great TV. These journeys can be up to an hour each way. Same for the return journey, no chat. Producers hope the fireworks will brew during the silent trips and they’ll unleash once they’re allowed to talk — when the cameras are rolling.

I assumed that it would be a trek they'd have to make, perhaps guided by production assistants.
I thought they got picked up by boat or trekked to TC, as well. But then, in hindsight, you can't just walk any great distances in Samoa without roads (I say roads but they can be more like muddy bumpy driveway tracks), even along the beaches it is often impassable.

Of course they don't want to mess up the illusion that they are stranded in isolated places. But they're isolated places accessible by 4WD.

Matt Tarrant ‏@MattTarrant 4h4 hours ago
Them: hi matt can we do a swimwear photo shoot? Me: I don't think that's necessary guy Them: no probs fam, but also:

Ctz5mtDVUAAflIL.jpg

'There was a lot of flirting': Australian Survivor star Sam Webb hints he found love while in Samoa... and says there was sexual tension with Brooke Jowett
By JACQUES PETERSON and MONIQUE FRIEDLANDER FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 10:26 +11:00, 4 October 2016 | UPDATED: 18:53 +11:00, 4 October 2016

He has been living in close quarters with a handful of very eligible bachelorettes during his time on Australian Survivor.

And hunky CEO Sam Webb, 28, has revealed that he may have sparked up a romance with one of his fellow contestants.

Speaking to NW magazine about dating his reality TV rivals Sam said: 'I go into every situation with an open mind and if there's someone I'm interested in, I'm not going to hold back.'

Scroll down for video

3912ADBF00000578-0-image-a-1_1475536139005.jpg

'I go into every situation with an open mind': Australian Survivor contestant Sam Webb, 28, has revealed that he may have sparked up a romance with one of his fellow contestants

'I think there was a lot of flirting and a lot of people were probably all over each other'.

While Sam remained mum about the identity of his lucky lady, he did concede that castaway Brook Jowett, 23, was the biggest 'flirt' on the island.

Sam previously spoke about the possibility of finding love on the show, telling fans in a public statement that he would go into the competition with an 'open mind'.

'I'm an open book so I'm going in there with a super open mind. I'm open to anything in the camp. I'm open to romance,' he said.

3912ADCA00000578-0-image-a-3_1475536151329.jpg

Did they share a romance? While Sam remained mum about the identity of his lucky lady, he did concede that castaway Brook Jowett, 23, was the biggest 'flirt' on the island

The publication also reports Flick Eggington had her eye on retired cricketer Lee Carseldine during the series.

However castaway Des Quilty, who was eliminated on the first episode, recently indicated that sparks flew between Lee and fellow single parent Elena 'El' Rowland.

TV Week El had Lee 'wrapped around her finger,' before adding that the twosome slept next to each other in the Aganoa tribe's shelter.

3912ADB700000578-0-image-a-2_1475536142461.jpg

'I'm open to romance': Sam previously spoke about the possibility of finding love on the show, telling fans in a public statement that he would go into the competition with an 'open mind'

Kristie and Phoebe take on some beach yoga on Survivor

Like Sam, Lee wasn't shy to reveal his openness to finding love on television, having previously admitted to auditioning for the role of The Bachelor in 2013.

'Who knows what can happen when you get stuck in this situation?' he told TV Week before making his debut on Australian Survivor in August.

'I can't rule anything out,' he added.

3912C48F00000578-3820614-image-m-14_1475537013269.jpg

3912C49F00000578-3820614-image-a-15_1475537032558.jpg

Island fling? It comes after castaway Des Quilty, who was eliminated on the first episode, indicated to TV Week that that sparks flew between single parents Lee Carseldine and Elena 'El' Rowland

FULL ARTICLE HERE
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...xual-tension-Brooke-Jowett.html#ixzz4M6QWVLs4

...perhaps Sam did find 'romance' on the island and is reluctant to say who with though... maybe he fell in love with Lee or Evan or Craig and is just too shy to tell perhaps?... better still... maybe he fell in love with Sue?... but in the end... who really gives a shit?... I know that I don't!... lol!... cheers.

ah its the old "showmance" trick.. the guys fall for it every time.
finally a connection to BB

btw..
does the article hint phoebe and kristie had something going on as well? :confused:

...as a matter of fact... now that you mention it... cheers.

Back