Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 9 Discussion

If an episode has no Immunity Challenge, should I use the IC tips against Reward Challenge instead?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poor Harry. He almost set up something awesome. He has balls, and what he said about the Champions was right.

The spur of the moment rule changes are extremely annoying.
"Oh the other tribe will sit in at Tribal Council. Oh, no one will be voted out tonight'"
If you're going to change the rules, let them know before the result, otherwise it looks like producer interference to get the result they want.
Jonathan talks too much at tribals, and too many cats are let out of too many bags.

Matt is all class isn't he? One minute he's all chummy with Shaun, nek minit he's vowing to dismember him for being the unlucky one chosen.

What would have been a better twist, if they really needed to do a tribe swap, would have been to force one of the losing tribe to volunteer to join the winning tribe. That way their original tribe would regard them as a traitor, and their new tribe would regard them with suspicion.

The swap seemed designed to break up either the Champions alliance of 5, or Luke and David. Hopefully Shaun will be the catalyst for the latter.

Well that was a shit twist - probably killed Shaun's chances of making merge. I can see Luke and David playing their idols at the same tribal and throwing their votes on Shaun.

The contenders on the contenders tribe really were dumb though not to think one of the old Champions had an Idol, especially when they now know (or Shaun does at least) there is a "Contenders Idol" still unaccounted for. Guess Shaun wasn't bright enough to ask this when he got the fake idol info - only someone who knew about the twist could know that.

P.S. Really annoys me they don't update the titles as the tribes change. It's fine not eliminating the evictees as they go but they could at least change the titles at the tribe swap so people appear in the right tribes (and remove those who've gone before the swap) and then again at merge.

Well that was a shit twist - probably killed Shaun's chances of making merge. I can see Luke and David playing their idols at the same tribal and throwing their votes on Shaun.

The contenders on the contenders tribe really were dumb though not to think one of the old Champions had an Idol, especially when they now know (or Shaun does at least) there is a "Contenders Idol" still unaccounted for. Guess Shaun wasn't bright enough to ask this when he got the fake idol info - only someone who knew about the twist could know that.

P.S. Really annoys me they don't update the titles as the tribes change. It's fine not eliminating the evictees as they go but they could at least change the titles at the tribe swap so people appear in the right tribes (and remove those who've gone before the swap) and then again at merge.

I agree its put Shaun in a really shit position, and he's my favourite atm so it sucks. However, he does also know that David has a functioning idol. So there is hope to know that they could either flush his idol, or better yet hopefully get himself, Daisy, John and Baden to split the vote between Hannah or Andy with David or Luke, so hopefully either eliminating David with his idol or better yet blindsiding Hannah or Andy.

As annoying as the shock non-elimination was, I don't think in this case that it was rigged.
If anything, letting Harry blow everything up at tribal would have created more drama, and probably forced Janine to play her idol too.

Back