Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 19 Discussion

See would Abbey sending Janine to exile be that bad? I mean, she is going to be pissed off either way ( ie voting Simon out or her) and the person returning from exile still has to work with SOMEONE or they will be voted out anyway.

I mean now Janine is PISSED and still in the game. If she was sent to exile there would at least be a chance she wasn't coming back.

It was more logical to vote a contender, but I suppose Abbey feels she is very much third to Janine and Pia. It was pretty funny seeing them celebrate like they'd won, though the look on Abbey before the final vote gave away what the result would be.

Looking at that Daisy v Simon challenge preview no way Baden would have beaten Daisy. His eye-hand co-ordination is not good.

See would Abbey sending Janine to exile be that bad? I mean, she is going to be pissed off either way ( ie voting Simon out or her) and the person returning from exile still has to work with SOMEONE or they will be voted out anyway.

I mean now Janine is PISSED and still in the game. If she was sent to exile there would at least be a chance she wasn't coming back.

I think Simon would turn on Janine and Pia at some point, so it made even more sense sending one of those two to exile if you are flipping.

Reactions: Lyf
While I'm glad Abbey flipped, a true blindside would have been voting Janine or Pia out on a non-Exile Island night. Now the element of surprise has been lost and they are going to be more cautious than ever.

Interesting to see the jury support (especially David) for the Contenders, and not so much for Janine.

69624340_1578352608967289_7274039681468071936_n.jpg

While I'm glad Abbey flipped, a true blindside would have been voting Janine or Pia out on a non-Exile Island night. Now the element of surprise has been lost and they are going to be more cautious than ever.

Interesting to see the jury support (especially David) for the Contenders, and not so much for Janine.

I think David is a fan of interesting moves rather than support for contenders.

Reactions: Lyf
This is by far the most entertaining, interesting group on Survivor I have seen. Everyone gets a turn at being the mischievious bad guy. And they do it well. I would have liked Janine and Pia to have been a little more philisophical (and maybe even raise a grin) at being blindsided. Abby now has more power if she realizes they are gunning for her. I can see the producers manipulating things still, but this year they have a great cast to work with!

I think David is a fan of interesting moves rather than support for contenders.
David loves "the game"! Same with Harry. Daisy is also getting into it.

Let's face it, if I was bunking with these guys, I'd keep one eye open while I was sleeping, at all times! lol

I think Simon would turn on Janine and Pia at some point, so it made even more sense sending one of those two to exile if you are flipping.
Simon doesn't look like he knows there is actually a game on. He plays the footsoldier too much. That he got blindsided says it all. All Simon got out of the meeting where Daisy was there and Janine said to vote out Luke, was that he should....vote out Luke. Not, "Gee, they turn on you quick, don't they? When is it my turn?"

The problem for Abby and Luke is the longer they wait to strike out and play beyond the Champion group, the more likely it is Janine knocks them out as the numbers dwindle. Janine's surefire support from Pia and steady support from Simon gets more powerful as the numbers dwindle. Then it's Simon's turn.

Harry should have labelled the champions Janine's footsoldiers. lol

Last edited:
David loves "the game"! Same with Harry. Daisy is also getting into it.

Harry and Daisy had to get into the game as they have been in trouble.

Unfortunately for Simon his edit has been largely non-existent, so hard to know why he's been thinking.

Unfortunately for Simon his edit has been largely non-existent, so hard to know why he's been thinking.
You are right, we don't hear much from Simon. But his actions and his "follow the godmother" personna probably points to there being not much to show, anyway. Likeable, but vanilla.

Simon, because of his past, is probably the ultimate team player. Prepared to follow orders about who to vote for, and ready to give up rewards for what he perceives as the good of his alliance.

Back