Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 11 Discussion

Who will find the next hidden immunity odol?

• Shaun

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • David

• Luke

• Someone else

• Dinosaur!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is a bit odd that Matt aligned with Harry against Casey at tribal, but then went on to vote Harry anyway. But then everything about Matt is a bit odd.
Lol. Is he the one hoping to eventually win jury votes, if he can manage to get there, by using peroxide to turn his hair blonde? 😆

I think Shane wouldn't have made it to the end had she proven an entirely untrustworthy, lying, slimy, twofaced, arrogant excuse for a human, although she did use shady tactics to pull off moves, like blindsiding Lydia. And, loyalty did contribute to getting her in front of the jury, most of whom decided to reward her, not Sharne's game.

I quite enjoyed that she quietly achieved the win... without the verbosity and overly inflated ego of others, but that's just my opinion.

I don't think there are villains on Survivor, it's about outwit/outplay. You have the gameplayers who make moves, the challenge beasts who just depend on that, and you've got the under the radar people who let others get blood on their hands. It's not the same as real life, it's a game in which you'd expect that all of them are trying to win the money. Maybe those under the radar or challenge threats may seem more obviously loyal but they still depend on others making the moves for them. I know from a Big Brother UK/AU style perspective people might think it's about some idea of being nice/good, but Survivor is really a cut-throat game.

It is a bit odd that Matt aligned with Harry against Casey at tribal, but then went on to vote Harry anyway. But then everything about Matt is a bit odd.

It was those three just trying to save themselves, they weren't in a position to care which one went, they just hoped it wasn't them. People may try and look for some ethical reason why Casey went, but that's really not needed. All three of them may have been suspicious of it being thrown or may have overheard something. If you overhear it's normal to pass it on, and normal to deny it or put it on someone else at tribal. It doesn't matter who was lying or who was telling the truth, or what the edit wants to imply. The Champions have total control in that tribe, and in the game in general it feels like they have control.

I'd rather it wasn't a themed season, or at least not the huge split there always seems to be between contenders and champions. Survivor is better if you have gameplay mix between the original tribes, maybe if it started with three tribes it might be better? The original tribes were just a producer chosen mix anyway.

wasn't Russell Hantz seen as a villain?

also there is only one girl left from the contenders tribe: Daisy. and she probably only survived because she flipped a few episodes ago.

I don't think there are villains on Survivor, it's about outwit/outplay. You have the gameplayers who make moves, the challenge beasts who just depend on that, and you've got the under the radar people who let others get blood on their hands. It's not the same as real life, it's a game in which you'd expect that all of them are trying to win the money. Maybe those under the radar or challenge threats may seem more obviously loyal but they still depend on others making the moves for them. I know from a Big Brother UK/AU style perspective people might think it's about some idea of being nice/good, but Survivor is really a cut-throat game.
And outlast.....to become the sole Survivor...says it all to me, really.

BTW, please excuse the personal question, but are you a teacher by any chance?

The only thing I didn't enjoy about tonight's episode (well apart from losing my sweep, but really, there was nothing to support) was the utter predictability of a new idol being planted, and David or Luke finding it in no time.
David channelling Benji in scoffing the popcorn like a feral pig was just another reason not to like him.
I don't know if it's the same in the US but I think they throw far too many Idols into the game - I think this is the 5th or 6th and they are just too convenient. Personally I think there should be just one per tribe at the beginning, with another thrown in at merge. They should be unexpected at tribal, not expected.

As for throwing the challenge - did anyone get the impression Ross really wanted no part in that. He was very quiet when it was raised and then opted out instantly when they needed to sit someone out.

Also clear now that producers were desperate to get Shaun and David on the same tribe for the fake idol to play out. Even if the steal was a planned twist it just doesn't come across like that.

Doesnt this seem to be setting up for a really good post merge? Most of the players who are being eliminated currently had no chance anyways (Casey, Hannah, Sarah) and its leaving it for all the big dogs to fight it out at the end with lots of challenge beasts remaining as well so the immunity challenges should be interesting.

It is good that there are still so many strong players in the mix. Despite what some people seem to think, it isn't the David and Luke show, despite their showboating.
Shaun and Janine are already strong contenders (so to speak), and I look forward to seeing who else steps up. Harry had an almost invisible edit until the last few episodes. Perhaps Simon has something in the tank (strategically, we've seen physically) that we haven't been shown yet. Baden is by no means as weak as people expected him to be.
For me the remaining weak links are Ross and Daisy, because they are not playing with intelligence.

Hi everyone, I only fairly recently found Survivor and have become an addict!! I watched old series (US version) then stumbled across the AU version which I prefer. Luckily, I have managed to make my other half addicted which is great, as we can now watch together. I am loving this series, I actually prefer the AU version to the US one. I am not warming to Daisy in this series, and I really do not like David!! but he's great TV I guess. Looking forward to reading your comments.!

Hi and welcome, @Diamonds!

We'll be here chatting live during the next episode on Sunday, so you know when to find us (or read about it later, of course).

Are you old enough to remember our short lived UK version? Kind of ironic really for a format created in the UK we're the one major territory where it never really took off.

Arghh. Just watched this. So annoying at how manipulated it all is. Who in their right mind would send David to the movie theater first?

Either Daisy is a complete and utter moron(all of them for that matter) or there is a certain amount of scripting involved. We know this happens on reality(recent revelations out of the UK show to what extent it happens) TV but we just wish they wouldn't make it so obvious. Totally spoiled the rest of the series for me. 😕

Are you old enough to remember our short lived UK version? Kind of ironic really for a format created in the UK we're the one major territory where it never really took off.

I'm pretty sure I'm old enough but I can't remember a UK version!

It aired in 2001/2002.

Back to this version and even if they hadn't sent David first who is to say producers wouldn't have kept an Idol to one side and then thrown it in somewhere earlier contestants hadn't looked just before it was his turn.

Would have been better for it to be a clue rather than Idol - and maybe a dilemma that each person could either watch their video or take the clue.

Arghh. Just watched this. So annoying at how manipulated it all is. Who in their right mind would send David to the movie theater first?

Either Daisy is a complete and utter moron(all of them for that matter) or there is a certain amount of scripting involved. We know this happens on reality(recent revelations out of the UK show to what extent it happens) TV but we just wish they wouldn't make it so obvious. Totally spoiled the rest of the series for me. 😕

Shaun = idiot, well and truly demonstrated
Daisey = moron,buddy with above idiot

Didn't they send those on the tribe who had children first to watch the videos? And according to Baden, it was Daisy who suggested that David went first.

Daisy is turning out to be Trish to David's Tony. Someone who'll basically sacrifice their own game to help another person win.

Also I never realised how powerful having a kid is in survivor. If only Harry had done a better job of his Oscar lie he might be a favourite to win.

Back