Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 23 Discussion

This is shaping up to be a great season. I'm enjoying every second of it. It would be tarnished if Brian wins, but I'd be happy with either Shane or Sharn (in that order).

This makes me more confident in my Tuesday picks now!

And they were.....

anigif_sub-buzz-25854-1467109925-26.gif

I guess the one good thing about Day Light Savings is I can just take a sneaky look at who wins and go to bed one hour earlier

...my sweet darling wife became hooked on Survivor full time this year (much to my delight because we talk tactics between us lol!)... and we both think the same about Brian that if he makes it to the final and that either Shane or Sharn are there with him and the jury have to decide who wins it... how in Brian's mind does he possibly think that anyone would name him as the winner?... surely he cannot possibly believe that he would beat either of the girls?...

...he is a total grub... he has seen the looks of people in the Jury during those Tribal Councils and none have been favourable towards him in any of them that I have seen... he knows that there are quite a lot of them that want him buried permanently on the Island somewhere because of his betrayals etc... so how can he possibly think that he will beat them?...

...tonight both Sharn and Shane mentioned loyalties to fellow Tribe members and the way of nice conduct when you do have to vote against allies so well done them for bringing that into the foreground... that most likely reminded them of the way Brian has been acting most times... hopefully that cements into them to make sure that either Shane or Sharn win perhaps?...

...granted... he has played a good game for himself to get where he is but he sure has garnered a few enemies on his way too so it's not looking too good for him from where I sit anyway... we both cannot see any possible way for him to win this... too many are gunning for him methinks!... just saying... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers : Will you be joining us for Ali's show on Wednesday night? Should be some good fun.

...sorry my friend... no... I really cannot stand Ali I'm afraid... and after that clusterfuck of a series with Nick I'm all Bached out... the only 'love' show that I'm thinking of watching is the up and coming 'Blind Date' show with Julia Morris hosting it... I'll probably last about 2 shows at the most I imagine but I'm so over ALL 'love' shows Affable my friend... but I really do hope that Ali's season works out so well for you and that it rejuvenates the entire Bach franchise... after Nick's season... it needs it... so good luck mate and enjoy it to your hearts content... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
I'm not much of a fan of Ali, but at the very least the series should provide some eye candy and some entertaining idiots, and it couldn't be worse than the honey badger season, so the only way is up.

Reactions: Lyf
Damn this, oh well Brian to win now I guess, though it's hard to see the jury voting for him. Despite the endless Shane promotion I'm not convinced, no idea why she wanted to go to the end with the barrister. And hearing Sharn talk about her great intuition when she was completely fooled by Benji was funny. At the start there seemed some confusion whether it was a final 3 or final 2. The presenter going on about the jury favouring Shonee as there were more contenders there probably didn't help her. Despite the ridiculous moments with Sharn, such as the Benji tribal or dropping the idol, anyone but Shane ultimately.

I'm not a fan of Ali's either but on the bright side, she falls in love easily so at least we don't have to worry about another final rose ceremony failure with her. Something to think about @Mr Stickyfingers

...how about this Affable and Lyf... if The Bachelorette is on and there is sweet fug all else on TV for me to watch perhaps I'll pop in now and then as a 'freelance commenter' perhaps?... that way I won't be drained with having to watch it all of the time... I can make observations as an 'outsider' maybe?... especially when there is an Ad where a punch-on can happen... lol!... just a thought... cheers.

Samuel would have been my ultimate winner, but Shane has always been my second preference and has easily risen to the top. In a perfect world Moana would have been given the chance to prove herself. Followed by Sharn (dropping the idol was an accident that could have happened to anyone, it's not like she had any other options on where to hide it).

...how about this Affable and Lyf... if The Bachelorette is on and there is sweet fug all else on TV for me to watch perhaps I'll pop in now and then as a 'freelance commenter' perhaps?... that way I won't be drained with having to watch it all of the time... I can make observations as an 'outsider' maybe?... especially when there is an Ad where a punch-on can happen... lol!... just a thought... cheers.

Or you could wash you hair, or poke your eyes out with a burning stick. (which would be less painful then watching the show) lol

Hey all - long time Survivor fan, first time poster.

I can’t see how Shane can possibly miss Final Two - if she wins immunity (unlikely given the description of it) all well and good and as she has already stated, she would place honour and loyalty above strategy and take Sharn; if Brian wins (probable depending on the weight/strength ratio demands of the challenge) he will definitely take Shane rather than Sharn (and then be stunned when he loses); there is a slim chance that Sharn could flip if she wins immunity as she knows winning against Brian would be a lay-down misere, but unlikely given her speech tonight about being respected by the jury, so I think she would take Shane through also.

Welcome to posting Zinfandel.
I agree with that scenario, unless bloody Brian wins immunity again. But I'm fairly confident of a good result - I don't think Brian can win against anyone. I only forsee him getting two votes from the jury - Shonee and Fenella. Though Robbie and Benji's opinions of Shane and Sharn are a bit unknown, but I doubt Brian has done anything to impress them, and still it wouldn't be enough once you factor in Shane or Sharn's vote. Monika is unlikely to vote for him after he sacrificed her, but even if she does that's still only a maximum of 5. He could even lose by a landslide if it's against Shane.

Back