Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 22 Discussion

I suppose it could be argued he wanted to keep Shonella on board by acting, but that was a long shot after he turned on her again (he already did so when Benji went). There isn't any real reasoning behind it however you want to look at it, it was a terrible move. But to say he voted Sharn just because he felt like it doesn't make any kind of sense. I did think that was trying to get Shane on side by not going to a tie, that would be slightly less outlandish as a reason, but that also plays into the fact that he wanted to work with Shane and so was more with her than Shonella. Again, still a horrible move because Shane has wanted him out for weeks.

Also after saying he did that intentionally, he forgot about his lies later in the episode and has since talked about how much he wanted Sharn out again.

I thought it was clear by the start of this episode that he wanted to go to the end with Monika and Shane. If he knew or had a suspicion Sharn had an idol then he wasn't going to vote her out last time, or this time because of the immunity. But he's had to change his plans constantly and that's put him into a position where he relies on immunities, and given opportunities to Sharn to change things. It also left Monika high and dry.

I thought it was clear by the start of this episode that he wanted to go to the end with Monika and Shane. If he knew or had a suspicion Sharn had an idol then he wasn't going to vote her out last time, or this time because of the immunity.

Still doesn't make sense. The original split vote plan gave him the best route in getting out the person of his choice. If only Shane had an idol, then she's still in the game if that's what he prefers. If only Sharn had an idol, then after her votes were nulled it would be 2-2 vote for Shane and Fenella, and neither of them will be able to vote on the revote. He can then either vote Shane or Fenella, so if he really didn't want Shane to go, he can vote Fenella and convince Monika to do so, and she'll do it because she's his ally plus she'll want to avoid going to rocks. Or if neither Shane nor Sharn had idols, it would've been a 2-2-2- vote Shane, Sharn, Fenella. Those three would not be able to vote on the revote, so then, he could still have gotten Sharn out on the revote as he preferred. The original plan offered more ways forward, I can't see anything about his modification that was an improvement.

Still doesn't make sense. The original split vote plan gave him the best route in getting out the person of his choice. If only Shane had an idol, then she's still in the game if that's what he prefers. If only Sharn had an idol, then after her votes were nulled it would be 2-2 vote for Shane and Fenella, and neither of them will be able to vote on the revote. He can then either vote Shane or Fenella, so if he really didn't want Shane to go, he can vote Fenella and convince Monika to do so, and she'll do it because she's his ally plus she'll want to avoid going to rocks. Or if neither Shane nor Sharn had idols, it would've been a 2-2-2- vote Shane, Sharn, Fenella. Those three would not be able to vote on the revote, so then, he could still have gotten Sharn out on the revote as he preferred. The original plan offered more ways forward, I can't see anything about his modification that was an improvement.

I don't know if Monika knew about whatever his plan was, she may have. By not going to a revote maybe he thought it would just look like it was some mess up. Fenella's jury clip suggested she thought it had been some mess up, Shonee though was more suspicious. It just sounds like he wanted more and more control, to have people at the end who just aren't in any way challenge threats and who he thought would be easy to beat (Monika and Shane). But if he was trying to side with Shane on that basis it was a mistake, sometimes you just have to go with at least one reasonably strong player (like Shonee) to get to the end.

The only other thing [if he's just lying in the confessionals)] is to think he didn't suspect the idol and he just didn't vote for Shane to keep her on board for future votes. If Sharn had gone he would have thought Shane would be weaker. But either way he's relying on Shane who doesn't like him anyway over Fenella who seemed happy to go to the final 4 with their alliance. He would have been trying to get some marginal advantage (probably illusory) at too high a risk (the idol threat).

Well, I know Mon didnt deserve to win but hell I really liked her. I have to grudgingly give respect to my hated devious Shonee for hanging in there when I wanted her gone long before the merge. Its actually been a great endgame, two good episodes with unexpected results.

Shonee has redeemed herself somewhat, leaving Brian as the real villain of the series. Except he isn't even that, he's just an arrogant pig of a man with no real strategy. Like Russel Hantz, if he makes the final two he will then be gobsmacked when he receives no votes. The other three would be silly not to take him. I think Shonee would, and tell him it's because of their alliance. Shane being a sportsperson would probably take the person she feels is most worthy/is friends with (Sharn). Sharn's choice could be interesting though, she may play it strategically.

Shonee has redeemed herself somewhat, leaving Brian as the real villain of the series. Except he isn't even that, he's just an arrogant pig of a man with no real strategy. Like Russel Hantz, if he makes the final two he will then be gobsmacked when he receives no votes. The other three would be silly not to take him. I think Shonee would, and tell him it's because of their alliance. Shane being a sportsperson would probably take the person she feels is most worthy/is friends with (Sharn). Sharn's choice could be interesting though, she may play it strategically.
All will be revealed...soon.

I haven't had a problem with Shonee, I guess some didn't like her as she allied with Benji, but I didn't mind him either really. You could say he had some arrogant confessionals, but actually quite a few people have had those in this season. Russell was the first but he was hardly the last. For instance Shane likes talking about how she's a snake and how she's controlling things.

Shonee was in a position where she had to ally with those at the bottom of the champions, which inevitably meant Brian. I don't think Brian has played exactly like Russell, in the last few weeks it's like Brian has played on a day to day basis than having any longer plan. The only person he seemed to keep by was Monika and he failed as she's been eliminated.

Back