Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 17 Discussion

Benji is one serious douche, but kudos, he owned this episode and killed this tribal council. In all the seasons I've watched I never seen anyone influence the use of the immunity idol after it was presented. Is there even any rules about this? Because, damn. If he gets to the end, it will be interesting to see whether he's respected or reviled.

Easily the best episode all season, even though the challenge was kinda crap.

I know everyone is thinking Benji just commited suicide, but I don't think Sharn could win after tonight. She got outright played.

Benji is one serious douche, but kudos, he owned this episode and killed this tribal council. In all the seasons I've watched I never seen anyone influence the use of the immunity idol after it was presented. Is there even any rules about this? Because, damn. If he gets to the end, it will be interesting to see whether he's respected or reviled.

Easily the best episode all season, even though the challenge was kinda crap.

I know everyone is thinking Benji just commited suicide, but I don't think Sharn could win after tonight. She got outright played.
Benji has killed his game with that tribal council. There is no way he will get to the end now. He is playing too hard and big. He exposed himself by telling Sharn what to do in front of everyone. He should have shut his mouth and tried to get Mat out next tribal.

Sharn did play very badly, but she won't be seen as a threat because of this so she could still win.

I wouldn't mind cheeky sneaky Shane winning. She's been under the radar lately, which if intentional is very smart, to lie low for a while after orchestrating the Lydia vote, so that people forget how much of a player she can be.

Brian is surely a big ally of Benji now even if he has lost Sharn. Monica and Shonella both definitely wanted Mat gone too. Benji made the move but he does still have an idol.

I'm not sure if you can speak after the vote either, but we also had a comment from the jury too and that's questionable for sure.

Sharn's idol clue wasn't something she even had to search for, it seemed to be just placed in view at the water supply. And then it was funny to see another idol found but in view of everyone, it happened with Shane already. And near the start there was someone who had a clue but made it viewable in their pocket as well. So plenty of questionable moves there. Being blindsided with an idol is arguably not as bad, it can happen if you feel you need to save it. For all Mat laughing that Russell got blindsided (and that was actually a very close thing, many of them were fooled) he ended up getting blindsided himself. Also Matt seemed to want to tell everyone but Brian that he was the target, he just wanted too much control in the game. You need to rely on your core group rather than trying to keep everyone in line.

The whole episode was set up for that blindside, but there was a twist at the end. I was wondering if Mat would play his idol after Benji overplayed in suggesting to Sharn that Matt could be a target. It simply wasn't necessary and he got away with it but only because Sharn had second thoughts. Sharn seemed to be persuaded to play her idol purely on it taking a target off her, I suppose it worked long term for Shane but Sharn is considered a bigger threat with her immunity wins.

The challenge was different as normally the puzzle is placed at the end. Shane and Brian did well to make it past the first stage, normally thinner people have a big advantage in tunneling under something.

Some people are saying this season is a dud and they don't care, etc.
I actually feel the opposite, in that now my favourite has gone I can relax and just watch what unfolds. No stress over who goes, but if anyone does make big moves I can just enjoy the gameplay.

Post-merge I think it's been ok, there's been more gameplay and the 'champions' haven't dominated like it seemed would happen. At this point it's all to play for still.

Does Shonee hate Benji? I seem to remember she does.

She knows Benji is a millionaire but at the same time that information may mean people won't vote for him to win, and Benji was able to get out Mat which opened things up. You have to keep some targets around. It's been mutually beneficial.

OMG.

Who is luckier? Sharn or Benji?

How many advantages will Sharn get?

How did Benji find his clue? He has looked for clues at least, and went across to another island at night to get the idol.

OK, so Benji IS making big moves. We'll have to see if he can pull it off.

Monika and Brian knew they had to make a move anyway, they were never really part of Mat's main group.

I love how Benji has to call Mat the 'Godfather' because he wasted the 'King' on Heath.

🙄

Last season we had Luke every episode calling himself the king/boss while arguably not having much to back it up.

I'm surprised he's daring to throw shade at the production there.

...get a load of the 'dramatic' music build up... that music actually spoils it for me big time... cheers.

I hate that at the end of competitions when it tells you when it will end. But this time they didn't really do that for a change.

Would you prefer a target on your back or on your front? Cliches abound. Shonee, her look is very deceiving. Hangdog, sly and cunning. All at the same time.

Sounds like a great character for a reality tv show, much prefer that than some smiling model type who is liked just for their looks.

Well Benji has a massive target on his back now. I don't think him telling Sharn to play the idol on herself was a good long term move.

It was Sharn's move ultimately. She was playing both sides anyway, but she did look silly second guessing herself at tribal. And all that after dropping her idol at the challenge.

The funny part was that Sharn was getting played either way. She had no idea that Mat had an idol and she was about to use her idol to save him. Survivor is partly about deceiving (outwit) and seeing that come to fruition can be satisfying, it's a game in which being shifty isn't necessarily a bad thing, there's only one winner, and people who play with that in mind tend to make the show better for me than those who say they are playing for their allies than themselves.

Congrats to @GrantGotGold for tipping that!
Congrats to @Consuela @sav0001 @delcan and @GrantGotGold on tipping that. PS I hate you.

Woop Woop! 🙌 I managed to get some points last night. I can thank my Benji winning immunity tip on my random selection. Hopefully I can climb up the list a couple of places this week. I tipped that Benji will be voted off tonight and after last night's episode that is a huge possibility but he has that darn idol doesn't he? Crap! 😩

I think tonight Benji is going to try and get Sharn out and if he plays his idol then that is a huge possibility unless Sharn is smart and decides that tonight she will make him flush out the idol and vote someone insignificant off.

Reactions: Lyf
Back