Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 12 Discussion

The whole "Champions have to stick together" thing is really annoying. The Contenders have no loyalty to each other, and while it makes some of them (especially Benji) really shitty people, it makes sense to abandon old tribal lines and just try to form a team with the best and most trustworthy players (then work on getting them out later).

Exactly what Tegan was saying. I'm so #teamfenella #teamheath #teamshonee now. I wont even ruin their chances by putting them down as my overall winner.

Really? I actually find him quite difficult to watch, he contributes nothing positive to my enjoyment of the show.

He was tolerable when he was a good friend and ally to Moana, but even then I wondered what she saw in him, she's so savvy and he's just so... nothing? Now that she's gone, he's got nothing to offer for me either.

Pretty sure Benji just let revenge on Tegan screw any chance he's got of getting to the end. He'll never infiltrate the Champions. Sam will ensure that. Mat is a locked box. Robbie might wangle his way in, via Monika if he play his cards right (ie. flatters her).

Unfortunate, I had a feeling that was going to happen. If you get a chance to work with someone and you're in a minority you need to take it. Jackie never offered anything last time so it was a decent move going after her. Having said that 3 votes would only have been a tie and always on Survivor (as seen with Russell) underdogs go home on a tie because it's easy to adjust on the revote. So they needed Shane and she wasn't exactly positive in what she was going to do, I'm not that convinced by her play (earlier with the idol and now as a swing vote). Maybe she'll be taken as a goat to the end or maybe she'll be discarded at some point, but I prefer people who have more initiative. Samuel definitely didn't look among the strong on that immunity challenge.

What ended up happening at tribal? I missed all of it.

Champions stuck together and voted Tegan out.
The twist was that the Contenders were watching, and got to vote whether Tegan should go home, or come over to their tribe.
They voted she go home.
It also featured Tegan and Shonee exposing Brian, but it made no difference this time.

I have to wait around 19 hours or so after you guys to watch this but as an outsiders view.....I just cant help being impressed by Lydia in virtually every way. She is without a doubt the best ever female physical competitor to ever play this game anywhere, anytime and Im actually hard pressed to think of a male thats been better than her either.. And she is really useful...now. But sooner or later after the merge her assets will become her liabilities as the individual competitions play to her strengths (flexibility, endurance) and if she does not have a strong alliance to back her, the instant she does not have immunity the others will have to strike before she comp beasts her way to the end There is no way she loses that final hand on the pole or whatever immunity challenge. I still despise Shonee and Benji. That was a great immunity challenge, really enjoyed that. Anyway, Im good with Lydia, Monica, Robbie or Sam winning. I wasnt sure at the start but I am really enjoying this season. You get to know the players so much better with the extra episodes. In the US version generally about a third of the players wind up totally invisible due to lack of air time. Not so here.

Champions stuck together and voted Tegan out.
The twist was that the Contenders were watching, and got to vote whether Tegan should go home, or come over to their tribe.
They voted she go home.
It also featured Tegan and Shonee exposing Brian, but it made no difference this time.
Thankyou. She definitely will feel a bit on the outer now.

.I just cant help being impressed by Lydia in virtually every way. She is without a doubt the best ever female physical competitor to ever play this game anywhere, anytime and Im actually hard pressed to think of a male thats been better than her either.. And she is really useful...now. But sooner or later after the merge her assets will become her liabilities as the individual competitions play to her strengths (flexibility, endurance) and if she does not have a strong alliance to back her, the instant she does not have immunity the others will have to strike before she comp beasts her way to the end There is no way she loses that final hand on the pole or whatever immunity challenge.

Taking the lead as well would automatically make you a target on some other Survivors. The tribe needed challenge strength so the tribe swap wasn't actually so hard for her as for others. Also having challenges that aren't just about a team but about an individual or two people teaming together definitely helps her make an impression. Concerning the later individual immunities I've no idea how good she is at balancing though she has concentration. It's a normal strategy of wanting to go with other strong people so the target isn't on her as much. But some of these strong people are also quite boring, so I don't want them dominating too much.

This whole episode felt like it was foreshadowing the downfall of Benji at the hands of Lydia and Sharn.

Sharn should really be a target. I can't believe how upfront she is about being a 'champion' barrister. People who are persuasive are a danger, not just at the end of the game.

The moment when we saw her apparently up when Benji was looking for the idol may have just been edited in from another night for suspense of course.

Last edited:
Back