Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 11 Discussion

Someone please explain to me why on earth they cast Brian? He's just a middle-aged grumpy dude, with no personality. This last episode showed that in spades. His version of "playing Survivor" cannot win.

I'll put
even though I obviously don't know any spoilers.
I wonder where the trouble he got into after the show fits in timewise (ie. after he was voted out, or after the whole show wrapped?).
I don't want to know any spoilers so I'm glad this doesn't even mention Survivor.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ek-in-japanese-jail-cell-20180715-p4zrku.html

I have to get back on knowing Australian days and time zones. I had it perfectly in big brother 2013.
I think Shane will win because she’s such a hero no Aussie will vote her off. Fear of wrath of the public for the rest of your life.
Just my guess, but that’s why I picked her.
I listened to Rob Cesternino assess this season and he thinks too many strategic players got voted out early. He thought too that not having a swap yet was a problem.
But that's looking at the show from an American viewpoint. Maybe Australians prefer the nice guys who aren’t strategists?

I have to get back on knowing Australian days and time zones. I had it perfectly in big brother 2013.
But that's looking at the show from an American viewpoint. Maybe Australians prefer the nice guys who aren’t strategists?

There is a bit of that with the general public, but not so much on this forum. I'm hoping Matt Rogers doesn't cruise through just because he's some kind of sporting hero, as he's quite boring as a player.

I don't think the other players will have any qualms about voting Shane out if she wasn't pulling her weight - but at the moment she's more than proved she's a tough competitor and if she continues to align with the right people, I can see her moving far into the game.

Sam Hinton - love everything about him, his super brain, the fact he's an astrophysicist, his English accent, and his body is rather hot too..........although he's not as well built as Commando or Matt Rogers.

Jackie had to go, total snake in the grass she was!
So the big alliance now is Matt/Steve/Sam, with Shane as the swing vote?

She was meant to be a 'snake' but she wasn't much at all really, lacked any bite. Benji is being the stand-in for the Russell role now.

I think Shane will win because she’s such a hero no Aussie will vote her off. Fear of wrath of the public for the rest of your life.
Just my guess, but that’s why I picked her.
I listened to Rob Cesternino assess this season and he thinks too many strategic players got voted out early. He thought too that not having a swap yet was a problem.

I don't think people playing hard will get that much support here. But on the show we did see the war hero voted off. Shane is just floating for me, not really picking a side, that can come back to bite you eventually. I definitely don't support people based on a backstory as much as I respect her achievements.

Back